The Angelini's are Live from the French Quarter!

I've enjoyed your report so far!!

Your pictures make me miss San Angel! I haven't eaten there in years!

What a great day!! The caramel chocolate marshmallows sound divine!! Also - good call on the cab at the end of the night. I may have to remember that. It's funny, when everyone is rushing for the busses and you are in the Disney "bubble" sometimes you forget that there are other options!
Yes, that cab was thanks to a friend of Mikes--he told us where to go and what to do, glad we took the advice!

So this morning we slept in a bit (well we did, the kids not so much). We decided on breakfast at...
image.jpg
I had...
image.jpg
The chocolate chip pancakes with bacon. These hit the spot for sure. The kids both had Mickey waffles with bacon, and Mike had the breakfast platter.

Then we were off to...downtown Disney--the marketplace specifically. We started the fountains so the kids could cool off a bit...
image.jpg
image.jpg
Then we stopped by Disney pin traders so Hope could buy a couple of pins and trade with a cast member.
Next was Once Upon a Toy
image.jpg
Where Blake bought a cars toy.
Then we were off to...
image.jpg
My favorite store in all of Disney! I picked up some gifts and Hope enjoyed the magic dress up mirror...
image.jpg

Some more POFQ pics...
image.jpg
The boat dock--we took the boat today to. Downtown Disney--very relaxing way to go.
image.jpg
The boat we took.
image.jpg
The view from our dock.
image.jpg
The back of POFQ as seen from the boat.

image.jpg
Another shot of the back of POFQ.
image.jpg
Shot of the river from the boat--so pretty.

So we thought about eating at Earl of Sandwich (love that place), but it was so hot and humid, and the line was so long that we decided to go back to POFQ for lunch. We went back to the food court-- we were famished, so no pics.... I had the make your own chicken salad (fine), the kids had hamburger kids meals, and Mike had the fish sandwich, which he said was really good. We went back to the room for about an hour to rest and get ready for a night at Epcot.

Once we got to Epcot, we used our fast passes for...
image.jpg
My absolute favorite ride ever--I could do it again and again. Love it!

As soon as we were done with Soarin', we were ready for our reservation at an Oldie but goodie:
image.jpg
After a short wait it was time to eat! Dinner is served family style. We started with rolls & honey butter, and a green salad with ranch dressing-- both yummy. While we waited for our main course, we had some visitors:
image.jpg
image.jpg
He timed that perfectly, LOL!
image.jpg
image.jpg
Some of the best character interactions ever! Throughout dinner, we saw each character 3 times, and they played around with the kids, posed, etc each time. So fun!
Then it was time to eat:
image.jpg
Dinner included turkey, beef with a wine reduction, tilapia, stuffing, mashed potatoes, broccoli, sweet potato fries, Mac n cheese, white rice, rice pilaf, and cranberry relish. We enjoyed all of it, especially the mashed potatoes and turkey. Unlike other times we have been the, the kids shared with us. In the past, the kids got their own platters with different items, so this was new for us. Our kids are good eaters, so they did fine with this.
Then it was time for dessert....
image.jpg
This was a mix of blueberries/blackberries/strawberries/raspberries with a streusel crumble topping and vanilla whipped cream. It was piping hot and so delicious, we ordered another one--gluttons I know. Nom nom! The kids each got their own cupcakes for dessert.

After dinner, we rolled over to our last fast pass at the character spot and we met:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
My daughter was like, that's it!? Only 3 chAracters? And I'm like, really kid? LOL we made a quick stint into world showcase, but then it started to drizzle and thunder, so we decided to hightail it out of there to beat the crowds home. That's it for tonight. Tomorrow is bright and early at Magic Kingdom!

I love those pics of the boat from POFQ to DTD!! I can't wait to ride that!! Looks so peaceful!! That's funny actually that your DD said "only 3 characters..." because...what? I actually remember there being a lot of characters there before? But I haven't been to Epcot in like 5 years so....maybe they changed it? Or maybe I'm losing my marbles...who knows...I wonder if since FP+ they have done that? Who knows...Great pics though!

So just a quick update for today and I'll fill in more tomorrow, as we just got back and have any early morning planned for Hollywood Studios. We spent the whole day at Magic Kingdom, with just a short break in the afternoon. We managed to get there right after rope drop (so close!) and we walked right into Enchanted. Tales with Belle. My son was Chip again, same as last year, and Hope only wanted to be one of the dishes. The show was cute as ever.
image.jpg
Then we had a fast pass for Buzz's Space Ranger Spin--Blake loves this ride, but was too distracted to actually fire his gun, lol. I got some dismal score, of course. Right after that, we found a 10 min wait for...
image.jpg
This is one of those rides that I have never been on, in all of my visits to the World. It was ok, kinda rough actually--would rather ride Dumbo again, lol. After that, we found this guy with no wait...
image.jpg
He's a super fun character--so playful. After a couple of pics, we stopped into...
image.jpg
Always a good time here and today was no exception. My daughter was terrified they would pick on her so she decided to wear her sunglasses the whole time--which made me think they were more likely to pick her....luckily they did not. After the show, we were on to our next fast pass for Winnie the Pooh. My son had been dying for this ride since we arrived, and decided to use some of his spending money on a stuffed pooh. My kids had recently watched the Bee Movie, and apparently at the end--in the credits maybe?--they "hurt" Winnie the Pooh? I don't remember that, but he's been worried about Winnie ever since, so I'm glad I had fast passed his one! He felt much better after the ride, lol.

Next, we had lunch at the starlight cafe...
image.jpg
I had the grilled chicken sandwich which really hit the spot.
image.jpg
Hope had the uncrustables kids meal with carrots and grapes.
image.jpg
Blake had the chicken nuggets kids meal with carrots and grapes. Both standard fare.
image.jpg
Mike had the burger with fries and fixins bar--gotta love that.

After lunch we had our last fast pass for Big Thunder. My kids both deemed this awesome, and it really seemed like the longest "roller coaster" at MK....never noticed that.
Ok, gotta get to bed. More tomorrow!

My DD would be jealous that your son got to be Chip...she was upset that she didn't get a bigger "part" last time...That sandwich looked good. So did the uncrustables lol...do they let grownups order those? I guess as long as they don't know it's for you lol..I would eat one.

Following along! We are headed to POR in September and I made a reservation for Garden Grill but I have never been there so glad to hear you enjoyed it. I hope we can make rope drop as well but we will see how that goes. Looking forward to hearing more about your visit.

Following along! We are headed to POR in September and I made a reservation for Garden Grill but I have never been there so glad to hear you enjoyed it. I hope we can make rope drop as well but we will see how that goes. Looking forward to hearing more about your visit.
Glad to have you along for the ride!

My DD would be jealous that your son got to be Chip...she was upset that she didn't get a bigger "part" last time...That sandwich looked good. So did the uncrustables lol...do they let grownups order those? I guess as long as they don't know it's for you lol..I would eat one.
I don't see why you couldn't order one--they are kinda small though.

Continuing on from yesterday, after BTMR, we headed over to Storybook. Circus for...
image.jpg
I had never been on Barnstormer before--couldn't believe how short the ride was! I was like, um, that's it? Lol
The kids spied the splash area and it was so hot that we told them ok, just don't get soaked (yeah, right!)image.jpg

Then we moved on to Its a Small World, a must do each trip. Then it was on to....
image.jpg
Less than 5 minute wait, so a no brained. After this, we decided it was time to go back to the room to rest up before dinner.

We had 6:10pm ADRs for The Plaza Restaurant, a new one for us. It was pretty good. I had the strawberry chicken salad, which is what's it sounds like, with cucumber, Gorgonzola, and a vinaigrette. I enjoyed this. Hubby had...
image.jpg
The Plaza club with broccoli slaw--he said this was good. The kids had typical kids meals, can't quite remember which ones. Then it was on to dessert of course. DH and I both had....
image.jpg
Yum! The kids a Mickelodeons--scoop of ice cream with a cone on top and some chocolate coins.

Since theis was the end of our second MK day, we decided to take it easy. We managed to find a short wait for...
image.jpg
Tink was a great meet--she quite feisty and tried he best to engage my son, lol. Then we climbed the. Swiss family Robinson tree--something I haven't done since I was a kid. After that it was time to meet...
image.jpg
Tiana was super sweet and gave my son a big kiss on the cheek, leaving quite the lip print, lol! He refused to let my husband see it! Finally, we managed to get a halfway decent view of...
image.jpg
Another oldie but goodie. After that, we were all beat, but since it was so late already, we stuck it out for wishes, which we watched from just outside the gates. This strategy worked, as we easily got a seat on the first bus home. A full, great day!

Today was our one and only day for Hollywood Studios. Our first fast pass was for Toy story Mania--we were all excited as none of us had ever ridden this before. Of course my son wanted a second turn, but dealt ok with the news that this was not possible. Right away we were able to walk into...
image.jpg
...with minutes to spare! A cute show--the puppetry is awesome. Then we were ready for our next fast pass at Star Tours. I was pleasantly surprised to see this show had changed from last time. After this we walked into...
image.jpg
This took some convincing, as my daughter hates Constantine and she remembered from last year that they worked him into the pre show...but he's not in the actual show, thank goodness. As soon as The Muppets were done, it was time for...
image.jpg
This was pretty cute. They have narrators who tell the story of Frozen, and the basically show parts of the movie and have the words on the screen for all of the major songs so you can sing along. At the ends, Anna, Elsa, and crust off come out for an encore of Let It Go. After the sing along we happened upon....
image.jpg
Then it was time for lunch at 50s Prime Time. I hadn't been here since I was a teenager and it was much like I remembered. I had...
image.jpg
The fried chicken was very good and the mashed potatoes were delicious. Hope had...
image.jpg
The kids meatless meatballs. She didn't much care for the "meatballs". She said, hey these don't taste like meat and I was like, well they are meatless so what'd you expect???
Blake had...
image.jpg
The kids meatloaf with mashed potatoes and veggies. He seemed to like this fine. DH also had the meatloaf. Our server was funny and a lot of fun. A nice lunch out of the heat for sure!

Love that the berry dessert from Garden Grill is a not-so-Hidden Mickey :earsboy::earsboy:

After lunch we had a fast pass for the Great Movie Ride, and then we let the kids run off some energy at the Honey I Shrunk the. Kids playground. It took about 3 tries to get my son out of there. Then we decided it was hot (I really do think this is the hottest park with the black top and all) and the we were all tired, so we made our way to the exit. On the way out, somehow my son managed to lose his hat...my DH spent about 25 min looking for it and then I made him give up, as I just needed to get out of there (yes, I had a mini meltdown of my own--I started to feel light headed and just not right). Finally, after a very full bus back, we were in our room to rest up before dinner.

We ate dinner at the food court. DH had the jambalaya, which he said was good, I had the baked chicken pasta Alfredo which was kinda spicy, and the kids had grilled cheese kids meals. Then the kids and DH got their suits on and spent the night at the pool. I shopped and got myself one of these...
image.jpg
At Scat Cats, as the pool bar was closed by 8:45pm (they apparently do their own thing and close down when they want to). Hit the spot!

Goodnight for now! Tomorrow we are on to Animal Kingdom.

Oh by the way, they had about 5 cases of water on the gift shop today--all 24 packs of the 12oz Dasani. So they seem to be trying to keep them in stock.

Sounds like a great HS day!! Question though...was GMR a 4th FP+? I thought you couldn't get both that and TSMM because aren't both Tier 1? Hope you don't mind me asking because I've been struggling to pick FP+ for our HS day so it's on my brain lol. Also was Tiana a FP or you just happened to see her? The fried chicken at Prime Time looked really good! Also...I want that ice cream with the chocolate coins lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter