The Angelini's are Live from the French Quarter!

Yes, th
Sounds like a great HS day!! Question though...was GMR a 4th FP+? I thought you couldn't get both that and TSMM because aren't both Tier 1? Hope you don't mind me asking because I've been struggling to pick FP+ for our HS day so it's on my brain lol. Also was Tiana a FP or you just happened to see her? The fried chicken at Prime Time looked really good! Also...I want that ice cream with the chocolate coins lol
yes, the great movie ride was our 4th fast pass...I had no trouble booking it after we used the first three. Maybe it's just that you can't book two tier ones for your first three fast passes? We just happened upon Tiana--I didn't use fast passes for any character meets, well except for the Epcot character spot, but that was worth it since you got to see a bunch of characters at once.

HS was a good day but very very hot. Also, they had just stopped characterpalooza the day before we went, which was so disappointing--I was really hoping to get to experience that. Oh well.

Is characterpalooza done completely? I hadn't heard that! Was hoping to try to get there on our next trip.

And, yes, both Epcot and HS the tiers only apply to the first 3 FPs. Once you've used those 3 and go to book any more, the tiers don't matter. You can even book the exact same ride you had as one of your first three. Whatever is still available at the time is up for grabs with the 4th FP and later.

So today was our final full day at WDW, boo. It was also our Animal Kingdom day. The kids were so tired for all of the running around and late bedtimes, that we got going pretty late. Our first fast pass was for the safari 9:15-10:15, and we literally made it with seconds to spare. We basically ran from the entrance to the safari so we wouldn't miss it. Craziness, lol. Anyway, we got to see a lot of animals, including these:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
As soon as we finished with the safari, we stopped at the Harambe market and got fresh strawberries and a cheese and fruit bowl for a snack. The it was on to Kali River Rapids...
image.jpg
...we of course ended up get completely soaked. I was wet until about 4pm or so, and hubby's wallet is still wet and yucky! But of course the kids loved it!

Next, at their request we popped in to...
image.jpg
Now I could do without seeing this one again, but the kiddos were really into it, so of course we went to it, esp with less than a 10 min wait.

After that show, we happened upon....
image.jpg
And we had a quick meet n greet. Then we had to put it in gear in time for our last fast pass for...
image.jpg
Now, I have never seen this or the lion King show before (which I still haven't seen lol), but I have to say, I was blown away by the show. It was just a beautiful show and they actors put on an amazing performance. Seriously, I'd see it again in a heartbeat. Absolutely loved it, and so did the kids and DH.

After the show it was finally time for lunch, so we went to. Restaurantasaurus. It was super crazy busy and it took quite a while for me to hunt down a table. By now we were so famished that I completely forgot to take pics of anything we ate, but the kids both had uncrustables kids meals (which conveniently come with pails and shovels), and DH and I both had the grilled chicken meals, which were just fine. So with pails in hand, we of course had to visit...the Boneyard...
image.jpg
The kids just love this place but it just gives me anxiety--trying to keep tabs on 2 kids in opposite directions in this manic place is just nuts. But we managed to keep it together for about 45 min, at which time I had had enough and moved us on to something else. We hopped the train to...
image.jpg
This was a first for all of us and it was a nice, relaxing end to the day. The kids got hooked into the Wilderness Explorers thing and managed to get 7 badges each in that short time before we left for the day. It was kinda neat seeing behind the scenes, the vet clinic, etc. By 5pm, it was time to get on the road for our 6:10 dinner reservations. Except that we had to go find my daughters lost hat and sunglasses first, which was wholly unsuccessful. Since our ADR was for Boatwrights at Riverside, we just hopped on the bus and got off at the south depot at Riverside. Unfortunately, the ride seemed to take forever and before we knew it, we were 10 min late. Oh well. Then the bus pulls up to the stop but can't pull all the way in due to a bus in front of us. So we waited....and waited...and waited...we seriously sat on the bus at the stop for a good 12 minutes. Finally the other bus pulls away and we are able to get off...I know it's policy and all, but really, he couldn't just let fun off 10 feet before the official stop? Ugh, so know we are 25 min late for our ADR. Lucky for us we only had to wait less than 10 min for a table.

They started us off with this delicious...
image.jpg
Cornbread! Yum! Love me some cornbread.

Is characterpalooza done completely? I hadn't heard that! Was hoping to try to get there on our next trip.

And, yes, both Epcot and HS the tiers only apply to the first 3 FPs. Once you've used those 3 and go to book any more, the tiers don't matter. You can even book the exact same ride you had as one of your first three. Whatever is still available at the time is up for grabs with the 4th FP and later.
You know, the night before our HS day, I went to kenny the pirates website and he had a message dated 5/13/15 that they decided to disperse characterpalooza, as it was too know, dangerous, et etc. yeah I was not happy as we've never experienced it and I was so looking forward to it. He said it would be more of a true pop up, so no one would be able to truly know when and where it will be.

So after the corn bread, and since it was our last full night here, I decided to splurge and get...
image.jpg
The voodoo chicken! Yummy deliciousness this was for sure!
DH got...
image.jpg
The catch of the day, which was mahi mahi, on corncakes. He said this was very good, but not filling enough for him.
In the top plate of the above picture is my son's meal, the kids turkey with brown rice and green beans. Hope got...
image.jpg
The kids beef skewers with brown rice and green beans. She really liked this and almost cleaned her plate.
For dessert, we were offered things such as red velvet cake, bananas foster, crime brûlée, bread pudding....but honestly I just wanted ice cream, as did DH and the kids, so our server brought each of us one of these...
image.jpg
The kids make your own ice cream sundae. This really hit the spot. Overall, I liked Boatwrights, the only thing I'd have to say is the service was a bit slow, but still attentive. Then we hit riversides gift shop and got the boat back to POFQ.

A couple of random POFQ shots...
image.jpg
Kiddie pool
image.jpg
Mardi Grogs poolside bar
image.jpg
Our 2queen beds
image.jpg
Our bathroom...I believe this is a bit different than the standard rooms--we got a handicap accessible room that has apparatus for the hearing impaired as well as grab bars and a wide doorway....but we still got a tub (with small bench built in at the end).

I'm beat so it's time for bed--gonna get up early to pack and hang at the pool, as we have a 6:20pm flight.

We've stayed at POFQ twice now--going back again this August--and never been to Boatwrights. Think we may have to add it to our list this time!

We had never done Characterpalooza either and were planning on it this time. Oh, well. But it might be fun to randomly run into a character in the park, too!

Enjoy your last day! Already planning a trip back????

Great last park day!! I love that they gave you all kids' sundaes! So awesome...they looked good too!! Sounds like you did a fair bit of running around though to make FP's and ADR's...that's one thing that bugs me about all this planning...sigh...but it all worked out ok.

We were down there at the same time. We just rolled in at 2am this morning. We were over at riverside. Funny I think we may have ended up on the same bus Mother's day evening. Small world eh? I can't say I'm surprised at your bus troubles to Riverside. Seemed to be the theme of the trip really. Buses were bad enough for us that we are seriously considering off property for our next trip. Glad you had a good trip though.

We've stayed at POFQ twice now--going back again this August--and never been to Boatwrights. Think we may have to add it to our list this time!

We had never done Characterpalooza either and were planning on it this time. Oh, well. But it might be fun to randomly run into a character in the park, too!

Enjoy your last day! Already planning a trip back????
Lol, yes we are already talking dates to go back next year. Friends of ours want to go in February, so we are thinking along those routes, but DH wants to be able to swim, so how knows if that will work out. He is already in love with POFQ, so we may be back here again!

Great last park day!! I love that they gave you all kids' sundaes! So awesome...they looked good too!! Sounds like you did a fair bit of running around though to make FP's and ADR's...that's one thing that bugs me about all this planning...sigh...but it all worked out ok.
Yeah it bigs me a bit also....but we fared better this year than last year--I think we missed half our fast passes last year lol!

We were down there at the same time. We just rolled in at 2am this morning. We were over at riverside. Funny I think we may have ended up on the same bus Mother's day evening. Small world eh? I can't say I'm surprised at your bus troubles to Riverside. Seemed to be the theme of the trip really. Buses were bad enough for us that we are seriously considering off property for our next trip. Glad you had a good trip though.
Oh wow, that stinks about the buses...the trouble we had was really the only issue we had with buses the whole time--otherwise I found the buses at POFQ to work well and relatively quickly too. That's one of the reasons my DH liked POFQ so much. Maybe try POFQ next time?

So we tried our darnedest to get a late check out, but no luck there. They told us there is only a certain amount of late checkouts they will allow and there wee no more left. So note to self, ask for late check out at checkin! We made it with minutes to spare, but it was nutty, as we waiting until this morning to do any packing at all. After checking our bags and checking out of the hotel, we went to the food court for our last meal here...so sad... Anyway, DH had...
image.jpg
The Bayou chicken sandwich that he was very tasty. I had...
image.jpg
The broccoli/bacon/cheddar potato (yes I already ate half lol) and side salad. Both kids had...
image.jpg
Kids grilled cheese meal, which was standard. And of course we had to end our last meal with...
image.jpg
Beignets! Man will I miss these babies! These are enough to get me back for another stay, lol!

After lunch, the kiddos and DH headed off to the pool, as we don't get the magical express until 3:10pm.
image.jpg
The pool was one of the biggest hits with the kids....I think this is their 4th time in it, which is a lot for 7 nights.

Uh, 2am? That's gotta hurt. I just found out our flight is delayed by 10 more minutes....I'm hoping they'll make up the time. As it is, I don't expect to see our house until 10pm tonight--a very long day of travel.

So while D h and the kids play in the pool, I stopped by...
image.jpg
The gift shop to pick up some last minute items. Then I found a table to sit at outside the food court in the shade. While I have been sitting here, this walked by...
image.jpg
...a mini parade with a guy dressed up in Mardi gras attire, a lady carrying a banner, a lady shaking maracas, and a guy pushing a cart with masks and instruments. It was accompanied by music. This is at least the 3rd time I've seen this come through sine we've been here.....not sure what it's all about...?

Were you able to book a bounce back while you're there? We always go ahead and do it--just in case (wink, wink!) But honestly it's worth it. $200 down but totally refundable if you end up not using it!

Thank you TempleOT for a great trip report. We are huge POFQ fans (as you can see from my signature) and have another trip planned for POFQ this August - 2 weeks with Free Dining bounceback offer, our longest say ever:-). We love the resort and your pictures were fantastic, bringing back so many wonderful memories of our trips there. Once year we did Beach Club instead and while it was fun, we desperately missed our POFQ 'home'. It sounds like you and your family had a super time. I just came across your trip report now and have thoroughly enjoyed reading it from start to finish. I am disappointed to hear about Characterpalooza stopping, as we were hoping to try it for the first time this August too!
I especially enjoyed reading about San Angel Inn- we have this ADR booked for dinner for the first time ever. Glad you enjoyed your food and service. The atmosphere looks amazing.
Our kids (teens) still love the POFQ pool too - your children look like they had a blast! And you scored a room in a great location (although it's a small resort, and nothing is too far away, some room locations are still better than others).
Appreciate the water bottle case tips too.
Did you happen to notice if there was a bounceback offer?
Thank you for taking the time to share with us, and for all of the wonderful pictures! Wishing you safe travels home. Our flight home isn't till 8:00pm (and we have a 4 hour drive home after o_Osince we cross the border to fly out of Buffalo for cheaper flights). But we have teens, so they should be ok with it.
Sounds like you may have found your Disney 'home' at POFQ too:-)

Were you able to book a bounce back while you're there? We always go ahead and do it--just in case (wink, wink!) But honestly it's worth it. $200 down but totally refundable if you end up not using it!
My DH is a cast member, so we don't usually do bounce backs, as he gets a better discount on his own. But if we didn't I would for sure book before we leave lol!

Thank you TempleOT for a great trip report. We are huge POFQ fans (as you can see from my signature) and have another trip planned for POFQ this August - 2 weeks with Free Dining bounceback offer, our longest say ever:-). We love the resort and your pictures were fantastic, bringing back so many wonderful memories of our trips there. Once year we did Beach Club instead and while it was fun, we desperately missed our POFQ 'home'. It sounds like you and your family had a super time. I just came across your trip report now and have thoroughly enjoyed reading it from start to finish. I am disappointed to hear about Characterpalooza stopping, as we were hoping to try it for the first time this August too!
I especially enjoyed reading about San Angel Inn- we have this ADR booked for dinner for the first time ever. Glad you enjoyed your food and service. The atmosphere looks amazing.
Our kids (teens) still love the POFQ pool too - your children look like they had a blast! And you scored a room in a great location (although it's a small resort, and nothing is too far away, some room locations are still better than others).
Appreciate the water bottle case tips too.
Did you happen to notice if there was a bounceback offer?
Thank you for taking the time to share with us, and for all of the wonderful pictures! Wishing you safe travels home. Our flight home isn't till 8:00pm (and we have a 4 hour drive home after o_Osince we cross the border to fly out of Buffalo for cheaper flights). But we have teens, so they should be ok with it.
Sounds like you may have found your Disney 'home' at POFQ too:-)
Aww, thanks so much, I really did enjoy doing this report live. I didn't see a bounce back offer--I'll check in the magical express envelopes when we get home (DH put them somewhere, not sure where). Yes, it will be hard to talk DH into another resort I think--he's all about convenience and that's what he sees here. The kids have already started crying about leaving --Hope cried through dinner last night and. Blake keeps asking where we will be tomorrow. Last year Hope cried daily for a week straight after we got home, so we'll see what happens this year. She already said she wasn't to move to Florida when she grows up so she can go to WDW daily....I think we've created a monster lol!

Wow, a 4 hr ride After a flight? Talk about a long travel day! 2 weeks sounds fantastic! I would love to book a longer stay next time so we can spend more time at the resort, more time at Epcot, etc. one week just isn't long enough by a long shot!

Great TR...I can't wait to try those beignets lol. Too bad about no late check out...I will have to remember to ask for that too!! So glad your kids loved the pool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter