The APBT Dog Thread

faeriegrl

Mouseketeer
Welcome to the Dog Thread for the American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

This thread is to celebrate the joy our dogs bring us. To those who disagree or take offense with this class of dogs, there are other threads to debate such topics.

Now, onto the introductions!

DH and I have previously fostered and our two babies are rescues.

Introducing China (5):

We adopted China shortly before our wedding. I was not educated about the breed but fell in love with China immediately and all of my issues were quickly resolved with big bully kisses. She was a plea deal dog and the criminal that abused her had to give up his rights to her. Thank God! She is an amazingly sweet animal. All that is needed for discipline is a quick look of disappointment. She is a dollbaby.
e905439e.jpg

With her Blocky Dogs collar!
ChinaPolish.jpg

untitled1.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

Introducing Houdini (3):

Houdini was a puppy when we adopted him. NEVER AGAIN. I just have to say I absolutely detest puppies and won't get one again. He was 12 weeks old when we brought him home and he finally gets the potty training thing about two months ago (at 1.5 years!) He was not named due to some great ability to escape from anything. In fact, he is quite the opposite. He is awkward and clumsy. We believe this can be attributed to the fact he has lab in him. But don't worry, I am used to it. I grew up with four labs. We love him just the same. He was named Houdini because my husband didn't know a thing about pit bulls other than the news media's portrayal of a vicious dog. Then his soon-to-be best friend had a pit named Houdini who stole his heart immediately. So our Houdini was named after a great dog, Houdini, Sr., who would give "Marley and Me" a run for his money.
romulus1.jpg

As a puppy
Image-FB81199FB62C11DA.jpg

And the pups with my DH:
_MG_0087_1_1.jpg

When we had our foster, Jasmine:
_MG_0342.jpg

Can't wait to see photos and stories about your bully breeds!

No pictures, but my brother has an American Stafordshire. It is an incredibly sweet and docil dog.

YOUR DOGS ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! My dog was rescued from a dogfighting ring, and the woman who was his foster mom said he was Boxer/Lab. He definitely does not look like a boxer OR a lab!! He is only about 40 lbs and everytime I take him somewhere and someone asks what he is I just say "I don't know" to which people respond with a different guess every time! He was DEATHLY ill when we got him and our vet thinks that could've stunted his growth, if he is, in fact, a boxer/lab.

Our vet also sees some Pit in him and said his foster mom may have said "boxer" to avoid the whole pit bull debate. I don't know about that because her rescue was for " bully breeds" and she did have other dogs she told us were pits.

Whatever he is, he is the best little boy EVER and i LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM and he is snuggling at my feet as I type this! I don't want to go back to school because it means I have to go for months at a time without seeing him :(

Also, as for the negative views on "bully breeds" and dogfighting, I did an AWESOME project for class and my topic was dogfighting. I got a TON of positive feedback from people in my class - they literally had NO idea that this was going on and that these dogs are not born bullies! YAY FOR APBT LOVERS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter