The attraction you used to love, but is now just eh.

I would say Small World. When I was a kid, that ride was magical. As an adult I look around (and up) at the things that need painting and I hate seeing the ceiling. I still like to ride it at least once though! So it’s not that I don’t like it, just a different perspective.

Jungle Cruise. Loved it as a kid. Would actually jump when they "fired" the gun at the hippos. Plus now I can see all the live versions of those animals at AK. I will still ride it, but its not the same. It went from being one of my favorites to just meh.

haunted mansion
This one. I waited for years for DS to be old enough and not afraid to try it with me. I remember it being so innovative and cool in the early 70s and oh boy now DS gets to experience it. I mean it was fine, but with technological advances from the last 50 years, it's just not as impressive as it was. We still do it, but it's not the huge thrill it once was.

Tiki Room is another one. Although I still love the original song, my son said it was lame and not to put in on our touring plan, and I sort of have to agree. I have great memories of going with my wonderful grandmother and singing and laughing with her. If I was at the MK with my mom who still loves it I would go with her on it in a heartbeat. But if I'm just going with DS, I'm not going to go by myself or try to talk him into it.

I still LOVE the Magic Kingdom and enjoy making new memories with DS. But some things kind of do get outdated after 50 year or aren't as cool and innovative as they were 50 years ago. That should not be a huge surprise.

Count me as another one for the new Soarin'. I loved the old one, but the distorted visuals and over-the-top CGI just put me off the new one. Does every scene really need to end with a jump scare or some other startle effect?

Living with the land. We rode it during evening extra magic hours and were the only ones on the boat. So terribly long

I actually really want to try it after dark and never have. I think going through the greenhouse parts in the dark would be neat and different!

For me Mission Space is definitley one of those. Thought it was awesome when I first rode it now it's pretty meh. Going on it with it just being a simulation exercise in the story even just feels cheap versus trying to make it an actual trip storywise. Doesn't even feel like they tried to make it seem more realistic and just cheaped out on effects whereas its very clear you're looking at a monitor and not out a window. At least the other simluation like Star Tours try to make it feel like you're actually flying around.

I can't think of anything I'd put in this category. There are things I disliked or liked much less from the beginning, but nothing that I used to love and now don't. :confused3

I mean, the AK bird show redo is utterly atrocious and we liked the last one, but that's a case of a change in the show -- not in my tastes.

Curious why those who feel this way still frequent a board like this. Obviously to each his own!! I just don't get it, I guess.

Advice.
I originally came on this board in 2014 to share a story about EPCOT on Christmas day of 2013, which was amazing BTW.
We haven't been back to a Disney park since as we became huge fans of Universal and IOA with the Harry Potter stuff. We also frequent Busch Gardens for the roller coasters.
I just recently came back here to ask advice about bringing my 2 year old and pregnant wife to MK. Universal and Busch Gardens can't hold a candle to MK or any Disney park for the little ones, so bust out the Mickey ears momma, we are coming back.

But to be honest, I too feel the whole WDW experience has gotten ridiculous in pricing and the overall experience. Having to set up fast passes 60 days in advance to ensure you can ride a ride at a theme park you pay $100 to enter is just ridiculous to me. I still love the parks. But it's just not the same as it once was.

Advice.
I originally came on this board in 2014 to share a story about EPCOT on Christmas day of 2013, which was amazing BTW.
We haven't been back to a Disney park since as we became huge fans of Universal and IOA with the Harry Potter stuff. We also frequent Busch Gardens for the roller coasters.
I just recently came back here to ask advice about bringing my 2 year old and pregnant wife to MK. Universal and Busch Gardens can't hold a candle to MK or any Disney park for the little ones, so bust out the Mickey ears momma, we are coming back.

But to be honest, I too feel the whole WDW experience has gotten ridiculous in pricing and the overall experience. Having to set up fast passes 60 days in advance to ensure you can ride a ride at a theme park you pay $100 to enter is just ridiculous to me. I still love the parks. But it's just not the same as it once was.
Fair enough. :) Quick Aside: We've been going to WDW several times a year for 13ish years and aren't even a bit tired of it. No one in our family has gotten into Universal. We went to the one in Hollywood, mostly because of The Walking Dead! The Harry Potter stuff was cute. But nothing there was enough to get my kids (11 & 13) interested in taking even one day out of our WDW trip to do Universal in Orlando. And DH didn't love it because all of the back to back simulator rides triggered his motion sickness. So Disney it is, for us! :)

Spaceship Earth - I still love the beginning of this ride, but I LOATHE what they have done to the end. I miss the old AT&T ending with the cityscape, fiber optics and families communicating, it was just so beautiful. Why they ever replaced that wonderful ending with the current tacky ending is beyond me. It seems so "un-Disney" with lack of creativity and imagination.

Illuminations - We honestly don't even bother with it anymore and haven't since approx. 2008. It was okay when it came out, never a fave, but it is just not worth it anymore. In that vein, you would think I would feel the same about Fantasmic, but that show still makes me tear up every dang time. I just love it and always book a dinner package for it.

Ugh, really did not like the changes they made to Spaceship Earth when they brought it back in 2007. Cringeworthy dialogue, and that joke of an ending...
I'm with you. I really enjoyed the previous version with Jeremy Irons narrating. I will admit the descent needed to be updated, but going the technology way in the car was kind of a cop-out.

This changes for me each trip. Some based on what I couldn't fit in last time or haven't made time for in a few trips. I'm not obsessed with getting on PP this fall and that is one of my favorites. But I have a little fatigue as I think we rode it at least 6 times in April. So not as excited right now. . . probably only ride once this trip.

I can’t think of any. There are a couple that are the reverse, for example, I hated HM as a kid and was terrified to ride it, and it’s one of my favorites now. I visit a LOT, so I try to mix up which parks I visit on each trip to keep it fresh. My trip earlier this month focused a lot on DHS due to TSL, but I probably won’t go there much at all on my next trip in December. That trip will likely focus a lot on MK and Epcot for holiday happenings. Then in January I will probably spend more time at AK, since that park is best enjoyed in cooler weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter