The attraction you used to love, but is now just eh.

I can't think of anything I'd put in this category. There are things I disliked or liked much less from the beginning, but nothing that I used to love and now don't. :confused3

I mean, the AK bird show redo is utterly atrocious and we liked the last one, but that's a case of a change in the show -- not in my tastes.
WOW, that's disappointing! I was so looking forward to that show on our next trip. We never missed the old one and we're looking forward to seeing the new one!

PotC. Since they took out the mermaid skeleton and the redhead change I just don't like it. I get their reasoning on the change, but they could have made the scene much better. I don't even care to ride it anymore.

Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor is probably one. It's a pretty similar show each time so after you've heard all of the basic jokes numerous times, it just isn't as funny. There's always some new stuff thrown in but it still gets a little stale.

This was us, until last time, by chance our DD2 had her hair styled like Boo, and our DD1 was in a princess dress with tiara and sitting with DH across the aisle from me and DD2. Both DDs ended up in the "story" that they tell in the beginning. I also really like the audience interaction. If there is good energy in the audience, even the same jokes/pranks are fun.

As an adult who's been to WDW and Disneyland countless times, it's difficult to get hyped up or excited about any one particular ride or attraction. However, as an adult with kids, and being able to be right there with them as they experience everything for the first or second time - that is where the experience pays off for me. Personally, I'm just glad I'm on vacation and not at work.

This! And having young kids means that each trip there are new attractions that they can (or want to) ride. We are on an enforced break from Rock and Roller Coaster and ToT (oldest child is tall enough, but hated it when we took her the first time), and DD2 is probably just tall enough to ride Barnstormer. And this fall we'll be bringing my 82-yo MIL (a recent widow) for her first visit to any Disney park ever.

For me Mission Space is definitely one of those. Thought it was awesome when I first rode it now it's pretty meh. Going on it with it just being a simulation exercise in the story even just feels cheap versus trying to make it an actual trip storywise. Doesn't even feel like they tried to make it seem more realistic and just cheaped out on effects whereas its very clear you're looking at a monitor and not out a window. At least the other simluation like Star Tours try to make it feel like you're actually flying around.

What did they do to Mission Space?? I literally haven't ridden it in 20? years - back when there was only 1 crazy version and really into thrill rides and even I was nauseated after getting off. I guess it will be all new to me, which may not be a bad thing if the old one made me nauseated.

For me - Peter Pan, sometimes, for the reasons people are "meh" about IASW. Tomorrowland Speedway - we gave away our rider switch pass last time - that ride is too **** long and smelly.

And although I still like the new Soarin', I don't find it as compelling as I used to.

WOW, that's disappointing! I was so looking forward to that show on our next trip. We never missed the old one and we're looking forward to seeing the new one!
Maybe there are SOME people out there who liked it, but my understanding is that it was widely panned and they’re already planning on revamping it, thank goodness.

We loved the old show. My son has always loved birds and was so disappointed in this one. Fingers crossed that the next version is better!! :)

The new Soaring... I still ride it multiple times each trip, but don't love the new version the way I did the old. Thanks goodness Puddy, ah hem Patrick, is still the host.
The current version of Spaceship Earth... again, I ride it multiple times each trip, but I still miss Walter Cronkite's narration. And the "technology" of the new ending was old and out of date when it debuted, and it's boring.

We’ve been going 20+ years. We no longer see Country Bear Jamboree or Tiki and we most often skip IASW and COP.

Friends of mine took their just turned 7 year old to DL in June. It was her first trip to any Disney park and IASW was her favorite, they had to ride it twice. On the first ride she looked around in amazement, sighed, and said, "I think God made this".
Love this! I have a soft spot for the nostalgic rides over the thrill rides. Love Everest and the like but to me disney is things like IASW, Country Bears and Tiki Room.

Ugh, really did not like the changes they made to Spaceship Earth when they brought it back in 2007. Cringeworthy dialogue, and that joke of an ending...

Totally agree SE used to be my favorite ride in all of Disney World until that last "make over." Now the journey to the top of the ride seems lackluster and almost boring, while the descent with the video game is just plain stupid. They had the opportunity to add on to what they originally had, maybe in sequences that show what has happened and how advanced technology has become, but instead the went the cheap route with a video game. Sigh... sure do miss that long tunnel with all the lights that floated you back to Earth. Talk about a peaceful end to a ride, giving you time to reflect and think a bit... but, no more.

I am also not fond of the changes at Test Trak. I enjoyed walking through the factory, seeing how cars are "made" and such. No interest at all in designing a car, especially one where the outcome is already programmed into the system.

I still don't understand why Great Movie Ride closed. Get some new film clips, change a few of the scenes along the way. I have a funny feeling that this new "Mickey Run-Away" thing is going to be another video screen cop-out.

Last edited:
RIP GMR. I don't miss the speedway, dumbo or barnstormers. I could absolutely skip the whole circus part (except for the misters). I abhor the Frozen ride (but I have two tiny daughters . Little mermaid HS -it needs an update

PotC. Since they took out the mermaid skeleton and the redhead change I just don't like it. I get their reasoning on the change, but they could have made the scene much better. I don't even care to ride it anymore.

I'm too lazy to look it up with now, so what's the scoop on why the got rid of the mermaid skeleton? I understand the redhead scene change (but was also flexible enough not to get bothered by the older version).

Dan

The Indiana Jones stunt show. I mean....talk about show fatigue.

I agree with OP -- the Indiana Jones Stunt Show is really tired. Especially the crowd gimmick before the show begins with the floral shirt cast member. Definitely time to refresh that skit.

I hate to say it but Muppetvision really needs an update. It is probably still funny and cute for first timers but it’s kind of old for the rest of us.

I'm too lazy to look it up with now, so what's the scoop on why the got rid of the mermaid skeleton? I understand the redhead scene change (but was also flexible enough not to get bothered by the older version).

Dan
I have no idea why the mermaid is gone. It was one of those details we loved but it was gone in July. Yeah, we weren't really bothered by the old redhead scene either but oh well.

I was not looking forward to Country Bear Jamboree last trip... but I took my daughter and she laughed a lot, and loved it. So I'm trying this trip to let my son lead the way. It may seem lame to me but to him it might be the best thing since sliced bread. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter