The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Oh I’m very excited to see it! I’m just worried about my daughter. I’m not 100% sure she is ready to sit for the whole show. I worry she will ruin it for other people. Ie asking questions, talking, which I will legit make her leave. I really do not want to ruin it for other people. Luckily it’s a 2pm Wednesday show, so maybe lots of young kids??

I think this also comes from going to a lot of broadway I have high expectations of etiquette. But all her cousins are going so we are going to.

Last week I told someone to stop texting! Ughhow rude are people!

My daughter will not be wearing them... I’ll mention it to the other people but they already think I’m crazy...

Hey, being concerned about it already puts you ahead of most. If you're really worried, you could maybe have some practices, see how she does, or prepare her for it that way? *shrugs*

When I saw Matilda several years ago on a matinee, a father brought his 3 year old. The show really isn't for little kids like that, so she kept talking and asking what was happening, so he put her on his lap and without whispering, was talking to her the entire time--"look that's Matilda! Oh isn't that kid so funny!". The family behind me had several kids around 10, who were bored and throwing candy around. Like literally, skittles hit my seat and my back/neck several times. So at intermission I talked to an usher and had them move me. It was ridiculous. But if you're concerned, like I said, you're ahead of most people.

I know it's not high on a lot of people's lists, but my tickets to CATS are next week! I'm way more excited than my husband is, but I've danced to pieces from the show and performed a few of the songs. It was one of the first Broadway shows I was introduced to so it holds a special place in my heart.

Hey, being concerned about it already puts you ahead of most. If you're really worried, you could maybe have some practices, see how she does, or prepare her for it that way? *shrugs*

When I saw Matilda several years ago on a matinee, a father brought his 3 year old. The show really isn't for little kids like that, so she kept talking and asking what was happening, so he put her on his lap and without whispering, was talking to her the entire time--"look that's Matilda! Oh isn't that kid so funny!". The family behind me had several kids around 10, who were bored and throwing candy around. Like literally, skittles hit my seat and my back/neck several times. So at intermission I talked to an usher and had them move me. It was ridiculous. But if you're concerned, like I said, you're ahead of most people.

Thank you.

Omg! I would have been so annoyed! I blame the parents how is that ok in anyway??

When I saw Annie the girl in front of me was softly singing and getting excited, this doesn’t bother me. It’s a kids show, I expect that (someone did complain, I thought they were wrong). When I saw Beauty and the beast a young girl 5 maybe? Was singing and getting very excited, this also didn’t bother me.

Just lots of questions at full volume does bother me, or talking, or not paying attention. If you aren’t interested or your kid isn’t and they are being disruptive then you should leave(sorry, not sorry). We do go to a decent amount of shows, not broadway, and she talks a bit, asks questions but we talk about whispering and trying to not ask till the end/intermission.

However a show where every seat is $12 with a screaming infant behind us, I worry about ruining less then, broadway. If that makes sense.

I do also cut a lot more slack and Annie or Frozen at 2pm then To Kill a Mockingbird at8pm on Saturday. I had to tell someone to stop texting during Mockingbird, sorry that is not ok in anyway.

When the kid in front of us at Frozen got restless, the mom handed her an iPhone Max-sized phone, with a game pulled up, with the volume on!!! I leaned over and told the mom that was unacceptable. She put it away but then the kid cried about having the game taken away.

When the kid in front of us at Frozen got restless, the mom handed her an iPhone Max-sized phone, with a game pulled up, with the volume on!!! I leaned over and told the mom that was unacceptable. She put it away but then the kid cried about having the game taken away.

Umm what?!?!?!?

:faint: I want to say I am shocked, but I'm not. :lmao:

I know it's not high on a lot of people's lists, but my tickets to CATS are next week! I'm way more excited than my husband is, but I've danced to pieces from the show and performed a few of the songs. It was one of the first Broadway shows I was introduced to so it holds a special place in my heart.
.....THAT'S STILL RUNNING???!?!?!?? :eek:

LOL the new National Tour is launching in Providence next week :) Our tickets are for the very first show, so the energy should be pretty amazing!
....hey, I know that cats have 9 lives, but that's stretching, dontcha think? popcorn:: [ ;) ]

Anyone try playing Broadway Roulette? What did you get? Did you get a show that you normally wouldn’t buy tickets for and enjoy it? I’m playing in a few weeks and crossing fingers for Hamilton!

Hoping one of you can help me out. This is kind of Broadway related...

My daughter runs audio for her high school theater productions, and this spring they are doing Side Show. I'm trying to come up with something to write in the ad we'll place in the program related to the show, but I just can't come up with anything good. It's not one I'm familiar with, and I've looked at the lyrics and I'm coming up dry. Would any of the musical theater aficionados here have any ideas for me?

Hoping one of you can help me out. This is kind of Broadway related...

My daughter runs audio for her high school theater productions, and this spring they are doing Side Show. I'm trying to come up with something to write in the ad we'll place in the program related to the show, but I just can't come up with anything good. It's not one I'm familiar with, and I've looked at the lyrics and I'm coming up dry. Would any of the musical theater aficionados here have any ideas for me?

Well, the opening song is called "Come Look at the Freaks", so could you do something with "come look at..."?

Saw Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Thursday and Friday. Amazing special effects. We got $40 tickets nearly a year ago. I was kind of having second thoughts as I was looking at the seating chart. We were row E side balcony, and I
thought, “oh, we are so far away it’s going to stink.” Honestly, I think after seeing the show, they were great tickets for the price. Sure, maybe we couldn’t see facial expressions, but we had no problem with seeing anything else, with the possible exception of a water feature near the front of the stage. And the sound was excellent, so didn’t miss hearing a thing. One caveat if you are looking at balcony tickets for this show. The side balconies have a metal fence in front of them, although the center balcony does not. I actually think anything in the first few rows would have a slightly obstructed view because of this.

Next weekend- Hamilton!

Please check out Andrew Rannells doing The Man That Got Away on YouTube. Absolutely stunning.

Please check out Andrew Rannells doing The Man That Got Away on YouTube. Absolutely stunning.

Andrew Rannells was a special guest at BroadwayCon and spoke to a large audience, which let him promote his new book. He then went on nation-wide TV and said obnoxious things about BroadwayCon attendees. Jeepers, don't bite the hand that feeds you! He's on my [insert bad word here] list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter