The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Wow, sounds like a great season. I would love to see Moulin Rouge and Hadestown.

I saw Dear Evan Hansen ( touring ) on the weekend and absolutely loved it!

Wow, sounds like a great season. I would love to see Moulin Rouge and Hadestown.

I saw Dear Evan Hansen ( touring ) on the weekend and absolutely love it!
We also have those two, but I sure wish we had Cher!!!

We have Chicago, Jesus Christ Superstar, Anastasia and Hamilton this coming season. The add on was Come From Away which they just had a year ago.

We are finishing up this season with Finding Neverland next month and Wicked ( add on) in July. Looking forward to seeing Wicked again and this time with my daughters.

We have Chicago, Jesus Christ Superstar, Anastasia and Hamilton this coming season. The add on was Come From Away which they just had a year ago.

We are finishing up this season with Finding Neverland next month and Wicked ( add on) in July. Looking forward to seeing Wicked again and this time with my daughters.

We just had Anastasia last month and next week, we have Jesus Christ Superstar. Our last couple shows after that are My Fair Lady and Frozen.

WooHoo! I just snagged a FREE ticket to see Grand Horizons at the Second Stage Theater. :woohoo:

It's through the Culture Pass program via the New York Public Library. Any resident of New York state, and people who prove they work in NYC or go to school in NYC can get a free library card to the New York Public Library in Manhattan & the Bronx, and/or a Brooklyn Public Library Card, and/or a Queens Public library card.

https://www.nypl.org/library-card

The NYPL has a special arrangement with the Culture Pass program which gives out free admission or tickets to more than 60+ cultural institutions in the 5 boroughs. Most of them are 2-4 free admissions to the many NYC museums, botanical gardens and the Bronx Zoo.

https://www.culturepass.nyc/?utm_so...131_CulturePass&utm_campaign=culturepass_nypl

However, I noticed there were free tickets to Second Stage Theater's two shows. I really wanted to see Grand Horizons, before it ends. I waited till they had a date for tickets for it again, instead of the other show. I simply logged in to the Culture Pass program with my library card number and I snagged one. :thumbsup2

I saw this 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed it! Highly recommend! Can’t wait to hear that you think

I loved Grand Horizons. It was so well written. And HILARIOUS! :rotfl: It's nice to see a show written especially with older actors in mind. It was such a treat to see veteran actors, Jane Alexander and James Cromwell acting so fantastically, in person. From the moment the lights went up, they created such a non-verbal life. It was obvious the characters had been in a long marriage together.

And something caught me by surprise as I hadn't seen a straight play in decades. I usually see musicals, and of course, TV shows and movies. All of those usually have a tight rhythm built into them. Especially musicals. The moment the overture starts, it has a particular rhythm. Even the spoken parts. TV shows & movies have them as they have to finish within a certain time frame, so the film editor makes sure to keep the action tight. (Except the latest Martin Scorsese film, which is 3.5 hours long, and could USE more editing. :crazy2: )

With this play, when Jane & James came on, they created their own rhythm, taking as much time as they needed. No imposed clock on them. It was refreshing. :thumbsup2

And it was nice to be in an audience with mainly older people. As soon as the play started, the audience settled down immediately and focused. No constant shuffling around. And no one's cellphone went off. We all come from an age, when people were taught to have longer attention spans. :thumbsup2

It was a real treat to get to see this for free. The theatre is TINY! Very cozy and intimate. I ended up with the last seat by the side wall, in the 14th row. Yet, I could see almost everything, except one small part of a scene when the actor was standing by the side door, talking for a couple minutes. Yet, nothing major happened that I would have needed to see. So, an "obstructed view" seat wasn't bad.

I loved Grand Horizons. It was so well written. And HILARIOUS! :rotfl: It's nice to see a show written especially with older actors in mind. It was such a treat to see veteran actors, Jane Alexander and James Cromwell acting so fantastically, in person. From the moment the lights went up, they created such a non-verbal life. It was obvious the characters had been in a long marriage together.

And something caught me by surprise as I hadn't seen a straight play in decades. I usually see musicals, and of course, TV shows and movies. All of those usually have a tight rhythm built into them. Especially musicals. The moment the overture starts, it has a particular rhythm. Even the spoken parts. TV shows & movies have them as they have to finish within a certain time frame, so the film editor makes sure to keep the action tight. (Except the latest Martin Scorsese film, which is 3.5 hours long, and could USE more editing. :crazy2: )

With this play, when Jane & James came on, they created their own rhythm, taking as much time as they needed. No imposed clock on them. It was refreshing. :thumbsup2

And it was nice to be in an audience with mainly older people. As soon as the play started, the audience settled down immediately and focused. No constant shuffling around. And no one's cellphone went off. We all come from an age, when people were taught to have longer attention spans. :thumbsup2

It was a real treat to get to see this for free. The theatre is TINY! Very cozy and intimate. I ended up with the last seat by the side wall, in the 14th row. Yet, I could see almost everything, except one small part of a scene when the actor was standing by the side door, talking for a couple minutes. Yet, nothing major happened that I would have needed to see. So, an "obstructed view" seat wasn't bad.

great summary! Very similar to how I felt!!! Such a good production

Local news mentioned that Broadways shows have has lower attendance this past week due to Coronavirus fears.

There are a few shows that will be selling $50 tickets to their shows, starting Thursday at noon, and running through March 29th:

To Kill A Mockingbird
West Side Story
The Book of Mormon
The Lehman Trilogy
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

The title says 6 shows, but only lists 5.

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/new...ay-shows-will-be-only-50-through-march-031020

Local news mentioned that Broadways shows have has lower attendance this past week due to Coronavirus fears.

There are a few shows that will be selling $50 tickets to their shows, starting Thursday at noon, and running through March 29th:

To Kill A Mockingbird
West Side Story
The Book of Mormon
The Lehman Trilogy

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/new...ay-shows-will-be-only-50-through-march-031020
Saw this earlier today too! I’ll be trying for who’s afraid of Virginia Woolf

To Kill A Mockingbird
West Side Story
The Book of Mormon
The Lehman Trilogy

The shows are also not "stagedooring " anymore as a precaution -

WSS must not be doing that well. It just opened...

When I read that show is on the list, I thought, "Oh come on! You're using the Coronavirus as an excuse why people aren't seeing your show, when it's really the bad choreography? You were doing badly before." :lmao:

Still on for our show tomorrow night (in Cleveland) - Jesus Christ Superstar. But the Cleveland Orchestra has cancelled performances, so who knows how much longer it will be before our Playhouse Square is dark too.

Super disappointed. I was supposed to go on a trip with my friend's dance academy to see Wicked. I feel terrible for the students. They were supposed to do a workshop with members of the cast. And all those people without work.😥
My friend just told her son we weren't going and he started crying. I know we are talking about people's lives, but to a 10 year-old something like this is their life.

My friend just told her son we weren't going and he started crying. I know we are talking about people's lives, but to a 10 year-old something like this is their life.
No, they just think it is. Sometimes it is hard being a parent.

Saw Ain’t Too Proud yesterday (lottery tickets again. Yay!) We enjoyed it very much. Non-stop the entire time. Wow! Went to the matinee and it was about 70% full. I heard less coughing than I normally do at the theatre.

Thought for a minute about walking over to Hadestown and getting last minute tx for the evening show but forgot all about it once we left the ATP matinee. Once I was on the train going home, I pulled up the Hadestown ticket page and saw that there were some $69 available! Ugh! If I had only known was about to happen.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter