The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Anyone else buy their tickets for Hugh Jackman in "The Music Man"? I know I know, the prices are insane and it doesn't even open for another 9 months, but still...Hugh Jackman, Sutton Foster... I caved. :)

My DD and I spent our birthday weekend in NYC and saw 2 broadway shows. On Saturday, we went to a matinee of Little Shop of Horrors -- enjoyed it thoroughly. The young man that played Seymour did a great job and Christian Borle is good in all the many roles he played :-). On Sunday, we saw the matinee performance of Hadestown. Even though Eva and Andre were not there, it didn't matter. Their understudies did fabulous jobs and we enjoyed it a lot. Now we need to start thinking about what shows we want to see the next time!!

My DD and I spent our birthday weekend in NYC and saw 2 broadway shows. On Saturday, we went to a matinee of Little Shop of Horrors -- enjoyed it thoroughly. The young man that played Seymour did a great job and Christian Borle is good in all the many roles he played :-). On Sunday, we saw the matinee performance of Hadestown. Even though Eva and Andre were not there, it didn't matter. Their understudies did fabulous jobs and we enjoyed it a lot. Now we need to start thinking about what shows we want to see the next time!!

Sounds like a great weekend. Happy birthday.

We just got back and last Friday we saw Grand Horizons with James Cromwell, Jane Alexander &Michael Urie.
It was great, so glad we picked it.

Anyone else buy their tickets for Hugh Jackman in "The Music Man"? I know I know, the prices are insane and it doesn't even open for another 9 months, but still...Hugh Jackman, Sutton Foster... I caved. :)
I bought mine the day they went on sale. We are seeing it in January 2021. They didn't even have a theater listed yet. I think I purchased an "area" but not specific seats. Basically front mezzanine, which is my go-to for all shows.

I bought mine the day they went on sale. We are seeing it in January 2021. They didn't even have a theater listed yet. I think I purchased an "area" but not specific seats. Basically front mezzanine, which is my go-to for all shows.
At the Winter Garden - Beetlejuice being kicked out for "MM"

I didn’t want to buy tickets til they officially had a theater, to make sure I had seats I wanted since I wasn’t willing to pay the premium seats price

I didn’t want to buy tickets til they officially had a theater, to make sure I had seats I wanted since I wasn’t willing to pay the premium seats price
Agree. Though I was happy with what I paid for our tickets. We've seen Hugh Jackman in concert and I was blown away. I had no idea how talented he was! I think we got a good deal, and I'm sure I could sell our tickets for at least triple the price if we wanted to.

I bought tickets the day they went on sale, also. My daughter is a huge Sutton Foster fan. We're going in January 2021 for her birthday.

Music Man is a much better show. It has stood the test of time after 63 years.

that's kind of subjective - everyone will have their own opinion - not arguing which is a better show - Beetlejuice has a huge fan base and I'm sure MM will as well

WooHoo! I just snagged a FREE ticket to see Grand Horizons at the Second Stage Theater. :woohoo:

It's through the Culture Pass program via the New York Public Library. Any resident of New York state, and people who prove they work in NYC or go to school in NYC can get a free library card to the New York Public Library in Manhattan & the Bronx, and/or a Brooklyn Public Library Card, and/or a Queens Public library card.

https://www.nypl.org/library-card

The NYPL has a special arrangement with the Culture Pass program which gives out free admission or tickets to more than 60+ cultural institutions in the 5 boroughs. Most of them are 2-4 free admissions to the many NYC museums, botanical gardens and the Bronx Zoo.

https://www.culturepass.nyc/?utm_so...131_CulturePass&utm_campaign=culturepass_nypl

However, I noticed there were free tickets to Second Stage Theater's two shows. I really wanted to see Grand Horizons, before it ends. I waited till they had a date for tickets for it again, instead of the other show. I simply logged in to the Culture Pass program with my library card number and I snagged one. :thumbsup2

WooHoo! I just snagged a FREE ticket to see Grand Horizons at the Second Stage Theater. :woohoo:

It's through the Culture Pass program via the New York Public Library. Any resident of New York state, and people who prove they work in NYC or go to school in NYC can get a free library card to the New York Public Library in Manhattan & the Bronx, and/or a Brooklyn Public Library Card, and/or a Queens Public library card.

https://www.nypl.org/library-card

The NYPL has a special arrangement with the Culture Pass program which gives out free admission or tickets to more than 60+ cultural institutions in the 5 boroughs. Most of them are 2-4 free admissions to the many NYC museums, botanical gardens and the Bronx Zoo.

https://www.culturepass.nyc/?utm_so...131_CulturePass&utm_campaign=culturepass_nypl

However, I noticed there were free tickets to Second Stage Theater's two shows. I really wanted to see Grand Horizons, before it ends. I waited till they had a date for tickets for it again, instead of the other show. I simply logged in to the Culture Pass program with my library card number and I snagged one. :thumbsup2
I saw this 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed it! Highly recommend! Can’t wait to hear that you think

Just announced our broadway series for next season (starting in November) - couple of these I hadn't heard of before, but overall, it seems like a pretty good season:

To Kill a Mockingbird (we usually have one play per season)
Pretty Woman
The Cher Show
The Prom
Ain't Too Proud
Moulin Rouge
Hadestown

Plus, it was announced a while back that Hamilton is returning - that must be one of their 'add on' shows, meaning we can get tickets ahead of general public, but it's not part of the season package (it was last time it was here). They also have Come From Away, Hairspray and Dear Evan Hansen coming back as well as other 'add on' shows. We've seen all of them in the past year or two as part of our subscription. I loved Dear Evan Hanson and Come From Away, so it's just a matter of whether we have the time to see them again (I didn't see what time of the year they're coming).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter