The Dark Side, DVC Stay, Hoop Dee Doo & More-APRIL 2015 Trip Report***Completed 8/23***

We did the mini kitchen sink in the MK last summer. I did the Keys to the kingdom tour last year too. It was great! I did it with my mother. My dh and 2 kids had lunch with an imagineer and my youngest went on the Pirate adventure. I am going to do the KTTK when my kids are old enough. Well 2 are old enough now but the third isn't. We are going to take a break from Disney for a bit. I will not go back in the summer and my kids can't miss school. As you know the air fare from our area is crazy around vacation times so... Going 2 summers in a row was a lot for us. We used to be an every 5 year family. I actually went 3 times in 2 years, June 14, Nov 14 and Aug 15. We will wait for the new stuff to be built. We might have back to DL in a few years, we have been there but they were building CarsLand so we haven't seen it.

What a fun trip report! I am ill and lounging on the couch today so spent the morning reading. Our next trip is June of next year. You're giving me some good ideas!

What a fun trip report! I am ill and lounging on the couch today so spent the morning reading. Our next trip is June of next year. You're giving me some good ideas!

Thanks! My kids go back to school in 3 days and I plan on doing some couch lounging and trip report reading myself! I hope you feel better soon!

Last edited:
Day 11--April 19, 2015
Part 3
Skipping Wishes

The rain had stopped by the time we were leaving Fort Wilderness, so we took the boat back to the CR…so pretty.
IMG_0353.jpg

We actually had a FP for the seating area to watch Wishes, but nobody really felt like going back to the MK tonight. Here's what we did instead…
IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

There was nobody around and it was such a nice night so we just hung out here for a little bit. While the kids were playing, I checked us in on our Southwest flight which was 24 hours from now :sad::sad::sad:

I don't think we even went up to the TOTWL to watch Wishes. I believe I took this pic from the walkway...

IMG_0359.jpg

Up next, Time to Say Good-bye...

Day 12--April 20, 2015
Part 1
Now It's Time To Say Good-Bye…

Twelve days down here, and we were still having a great time. That's the sign of a great vacation! But, alas, all good things must come to an end.We woke early and packed up all of our things and went to the airline check-in over at the CR. We gave the rest of our carry-ons to luggage services to hold for us for the day and we went back to the room to clean up and head out. I started getting all sentimental and sappy that this vacation was coming to an end, and I started taking last pics of everything…

Good-bye, Bay Lake
IMG_0363.jpg

Good-bye, pretty little trees
IMG_0364.jpg

Good-bye, favorite sign
IMG_0366.jpg

Good-bye
, Main Street USA
IMG_0367.jpg

Good-bye, Beautiful Castle
IMG_0378.jpg

Good-bye, bridge
IMG_0379.jpg

Good-bye, Small World
IMG_0383.jpg

And our favorite little people from Small World
IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

Good-bye, Splash Mountain
IMG_0399.jpg

To be continued...

Day 12--April 20, 2015
Part 2

Good-bye, Pecos Bill
IMG_0402.jpg

Good-bye, hamburgers and french fries
IMG_0404.jpg

Good-bye, WDW Railroad
IMG_0407.jpg

Good-bye, Plaza Ice Cream Shop
IMG_0409.jpg

and all your delicious treats
IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

Good-bye, Resort Monorail line
IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

To be continued...

Day 12--April 20, 2015
Part 3

As you can see, the day had turned very rainy, with no signs that it was going to let up. We headed back to the CR at around 3:15. Our Magical Express was supposed to pick us up around 5. We were planning to just kind of hang out but then we saw a ME pull up at 3:45 or so and after a quick discussion, decided to ask if we could go on that one instead. I always have anxiety about getting through security and to the plane on time anyway. This way we figured we could just ha
ng out at MCO and get something for dinner, etc. I am actually REALLY glad we decided to do this because the ME made 2 other stops and we really didn't get on our way to MCO until at least 4:30 or so. I'm a nut…I'm sure it would have been plenty of time, but this worked out much better for us, and there were plenty of empty seats on this bus anyway.

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

I think we got Sbarro at the airport and sat and at at the gate and before long, we saw this…
IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

Our plane had arrived! I didn't take any pictures on the plane, but I just have to say, this was the scariest plane ride I have EVER been on! There was so much turbulence that after the very beginning, we didn't see the flight attendants get up even once. The captain told them to stay seated because it would be a bumpy ride, and, BOY! Was he right! DS was VERY nervous and I had to try to keep it together for him because I didn't want him to freak out. We put in a Harry Potter movie but I couldn't concentrate with all the bumping and bouncing. DM and I just kept talking about the trip to try to pass the time and distract ourselves, and I kept saying silent prayers in my head that we would land safely. We were all so thankful when our plane landed about two and a half hours later! And I have to say, I was so impressed with our pilot for keeping the plane in control with all that turbulence!

I guess this is the end of my first ever trip report. Thanks to all who have followed along with me or just joined in! I really enjoyed reliving this experience and hopefully I have helped you all plan your trips in some way! :yay::yay::yay:

See Ya Real Soon!!

I just spent my Sunday morning binge reading your TR! I loved it! I am heading "home" for a 9 day trip (my longest so far) in just under a month and our travel party (myself, DS, DIL, and almost 2 year old granddaughter) is staying at BLT for the first time! Thank you for sharing your journey! Your last day's "goodbye" pics had me tearing up - I HATE the last day even though I still love it:rotfl2:...

I just spent my Sunday morning binge reading your TR! I loved it! I am heading "home" for a 9 day trip (my longest so far) in just under a month and our travel party (myself, DS, DIL, and almost 2 year old granddaughter) is staying at BLT for the first time! Thank you for sharing your journey! Your last day's "goodbye" pics had me tearing up - I HATE the last day even though I still love it:rotfl2:...

Awesome! Thanks so much! You are going to love BLT, especially with the little one (though I don't even have little ones and we loved it too!)!! That last day is always a tough one. The only thing that makes it bearable is having your next trip planned!

Have a great trip! Fall is my absolute favorite time to go…take advantage of those low crowds!!

Awesome! Thanks so much! You are going to love BLT, especially with the little one (though I don't even have little ones and we loved it too!)!! That last day is always a tough one. The only thing that makes it bearable is having your next trip planned!

Have a great trip! Fall is my absolute favorite time to go…take advantage of those low crowds!!

I joined DVC in 2014 and now I always plan to have a trip in the works! I already need to buy more points:laughing::laughing:.

Fall is also my favorite because of the low crowds; now if I could just get the temps a bit more bearable, it would be perfection!:banana:.

Hi there!:) What a great trip report! I loved all of it. Your DD has really pretty hair as well! Looks like a great trip with lots of yummy food!

I'm going to have to try a Kitchen Sink next time I'm at Disney!:yay:

Hi there!:) What a great trip report! I loved all of it. Your DD has really pretty hair as well! Looks like a great trip with lots of yummy food!

I'm going to have to try a Kitchen Sink next time I'm at Disney!:yay:

Thank you! DD is the only one I know whose hair actually looks BETTER in the FL humidity! :rotfl2:

If you can't get to Beaches & Cream, I believe they also have the mini kitchen sink at The Plaza. So yummy!

I joined DVC in 2014 and now I always plan to have a trip in the works! I already need to buy more points:laughing::laughing:.

Fall is also my favorite because of the low crowds; now if I could just get the temps a bit more bearable, it would be perfection!:banana:.

I would LOVE to buy more points someday too, but it's not going to happen anytime soon!

Our October 2010 trip had the most AMAZING weather I've ever had there. Temps in the low 80s and very low humidity. My kids are too old to miss that much school now, but DM and I always talk about going back in October. I think September can still be hot and sticky a little bit, but the crowds are better. It's always something! But it's always fun!

We did HDDR for the first time last Aug. and loved it! DH was picked to be Davey the Angel lol. I felt the same way you did about the food, not a huge fan of the fried chicken and ribs. However, between the corn bread, potatoes, and that AMAZING strawberry shortcake, I was all carbed up and totally happy ::yes::

The last trip day stinks :sad1: We don't even go until Nov. but now I'm getting all sad thinking about our last day! I agree that if you're still having fun after 9 days, it's a great vacation. Most of our Disney trips are 7-8 days, but when we've managed a 10 day we're always still enjoying ourselves when it's time to leave. Guess that's why we all keep going back.......

Really enjoyed your TR! Especially the Universal part as we're taking the boys for the first time in 5 days :goodvibes You would never know this is the first TR you've done! I seriously think I'm finally going to attempt one after our Thanksgiving trip. Hope it comes out half as good as yours did :)

We did HDDR for the first time last Aug. and loved it! DH was picked to be Davey the Angel lol. I felt the same way you did about the food, not a huge fan of the fried chicken and ribs. However, between the corn bread, potatoes, and that AMAZING strawberry shortcake, I was all carbed up and totally happy ::yes::

The last trip day stinks :sad1: We don't even go until Nov. but now I'm getting all sad thinking about our last day! I agree that if you're still having fun after 9 days, it's a great vacation. Most of our Disney trips are 7-8 days, but when we've managed a 10 day we're always still enjoying ourselves when it's time to leave. Guess that's why we all keep going back.......

Really enjoyed your TR! Especially the Universal part as we're taking the boys for the first time in 5 days :goodvibes You would never know this is the first TR you've done! I seriously think I'm finally going to attempt one after our Thanksgiving trip. Hope it comes out half as good as yours did :)

Thanks! Writing and editing got much easier as I went along!

Have a great time in Universal! I wish we were going back!

Thanks for sharing your TR. I loved all the pictures and it looks like you all had a fantastic time.pixiedust:

:) Thank you!! We did!!

Just found your trip report. I enjoyed it very much. Great job on it!

We're headed there in just over 3 months....5 days at the Poly DVC and then 5 days at AKV.

We went to Universal a few years ago----just after the first part of Harry Potter opened. We loved the front of the line pass!!! And we LOVED the Mummy ride!!!

Just found your trip report. I enjoyed it very much. Great job on it!

We're headed there in just over 3 months....5 days at the Poly DVC and then 5 days at AKV.

We went to Universal a few years ago----just after the first part of Harry Potter opened. We loved the front of the line pass!!! And we LOVED the Mummy ride!!!

Thanks so much for reading! I had so much fun writing it and I can't wait to write my next one! We are staying at the Poly DVC in 40 days…woot! I don't know if I will have my trip report done before you leave but if I do, I'll post here! I can't wait to stay there again! We are then doing 4 nights on the Dream and another 2 at BLT!

You should go back to UO to see Diagon Alley…it is THAT amazing! We may head back there again next year ourselves.

Isn't that crazy? I always think of myself as a ride chicken, but you're right…maybe I have built up a tolerance.

The first time I rode Space Mountain was in 1989. I was much younger and much braver! Plus I was there in WDW for the first time ever and I was with friends who were all going so I went. I like the fact that it is dark and I can't really see what's coming. I think that's the scary part for some people, but for me I prefer it! I also like the fact that it doesn't go upside down because I HATE that!

I was afraid of Splash Mountain for many years. We went in 2006 and 2008 and I wouldn't go on. Then I started reading these boards more before our 2010 trip and everyone was saying how awesome the ride it, so I talked myself into going…and LOVED it! Going on that ride over and over and over was one of my favorite memories from that trip!

In 2012, I rode Rock N' Roller Coaster for the first time and I think I hated it, but then I went on a second time just to make sure! HAHA! I REALLY don't like going upside down, but the ride goes so fast that at least it was over quickly!

The only ride I had NOT done prior to this trip was Expedition Everest. My mom and I would stand and watch the kids ride over and over and that huge drop in the front freaked me out a little. And yet, I wanted to try riding it at least once. SO again, before this trip, I started reading these boards and watching youtube videos, and….wait…I'm getting ahead go myself! You'll just have to wait and see how that turned out! Stay tuned!

Anyone willing to ride Expedition Everest is NOT a ride chicken!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter