The Darlings Caved Already! A Sept. '12 PTR -- Sept. 26 - TR link posted!

It's insane that we are going in just a few short days. I work the next 5 and then I'm gone. Like seriously WHERE has the time gone??

I should be finished packing by the end of tomorrow. I have a tiny bit of laundry to do and then put it all together and WHAM! I'm there.

the only discouraging thing is the shape I'm in with my back. It's getting worse! :(

I can't wait to read BOTH of your TRs. You are both going to have an amazing time! pixiedust:

Eeyore - sorry your back is bothering you!

I can't wait to read BOTH of your TRs. You are both going to have an amazing time! pixiedust:

It's gonna be cool cause some of it we will be overlapping and you'll have two sides to the story! :surfweb:

Thanks... it's been bad for the better part of a year but I was sure I could get it under control by now. The thing is... it's gotten worse in the past month or so :worried:

That's so awesome that you got a LM room in AoA!! My reservation is very similar to how yours was - 6 days 7 nights in Pop Century, upgraded to the Dining Plan, without the park hoppers. I just got off the phone with Disney Reservations, asking about potentially switching to AoA, but she said no :( Do you have any idea what your travel agent said to Disney, to get them to switch? My reservation is in November, so maybe that has something to do with it. . . ?

It's insane that we are going in just a few short days. I work the next 5 and then I'm gone. Like seriously WHERE has the time gone??

I should be finished packing by the end of tomorrow. I have a tiny bit of laundry to do and then put it all together and WHAM! I'm there.

the only discouraging thing is the shape I'm in with my back. It's getting worse! :(
7 days for me! 4 for you! We're nearly there for real!

Whoo-hoo!!! :woohoo:pixiedust:

I missed your on-line check-in day, but now you're even closer! You're a week away!!! That's so exciting! Before you know it, you'll be checking into AoA and getting your first glimpse at the LM rooms. :goodvibes
I am so so so excited to see the LM rooms! :lovestruc They look so pretty and new... ahhhh!

It's going to be interesting for sure, two overlapping but still separate trips! We're nearly there! :hyper:

That's so awesome that you got a LM room in AoA!! My reservation is very similar to how yours was - 6 days 7 nights in Pop Century, upgraded to the Dining Plan, without the park hoppers. I just got off the phone with Disney Reservations, asking about potentially switching to AoA, but she said no :( Do you have any idea what your travel agent said to Disney, to get them to switch? My reservation is in November, so maybe that has something to do with it. . . ?
Well I think the LM rooms are all booked up until sometime next spring actually! I only managed to get mine switched to a LM room because I went to my travel agent literally the day after the reservations opened up for LM rooms. It sold out in days!

Guys... can you believe it? I'm just a week away! One week today! In a week from now I'll be landing in Toronto airport and getting through customs and security. I'm jittery just thinking about it!

Johnny and I packed yesterday. Not only is he working a full 40 hour week this week, he's also working Tuesday night and Thursday night with the military and going to a car race on Friday night and all day Saturday. Yup, that's right. So he literally only has today, Monday evening and Wednesday evening to get anything ready. Yesterday he ran to Wal Mart and got a few essentials he needed and he is now 100% packed.

Also yesterday my mother called and asked what we were doing. "Packing!" She asked if she could come over for a visit. "Of course!" She and my father came with a huge box wrapped in gold paper.

"Happy early anniversary!" they said

Wow! They spoil Johnny and I on our anniversary. So we ripped into the box and it was a gorgeous carry on suitcase to match the new big one we bought! :lovestruc They shouldn't have, but it's just so lovely!

Looks like this:

901693472_260.jpg

(When everything is neatly packed and the mess of residual clothes cleaned up, I'll get a picture of the actual set!)

Most of my stuff is packed too, but no underwear. Turns out I really need some new stuff! At least I work in the right place, so tomorrow on my break I'll gather some of my favourites and use my new discount for the first time. Then I'll have everything I need!

We have checked off everything we can at this point. The only things left are things we can't do until the last minute. (Unplug appliances, turn off water, lock windows, etc.) I'm going to spend today scrubbing my house top to bottom so it will be decent while I'm away (my mother will be coming in every second day to feed my fish... I'd really rather not embarrass myself when she walks in the door to see my messy house.)

So with that, I'll get on with my plans!

Day 6
Friday, September 21

Today is mostly a relaxing day and we are planning to take it easy. We will most likely go to Epcot in the morning.

302146_10150330367497989_364887412_n.jpg

We're going to bomb around and do anything we might have missed. Then at 11:30 we're going to head to...

302567_10150330370352989_865954723_n.jpg

We have an 11:50 reservation, but I want to get there for the singing of O Canada! when they open.

We plan to stay in Epcot and make sure we've seen and done everything we want to see and do. If all goes well we will have seen IllumiNations on Wednesday, so if we finish the park we'll head on over to...

402103_10150514279602989_2079590033_n.jpg

Magic Kingdom! And do a few things there, specifically I want to ride rides with no wait while everyone else is lined up to watch Wishes. :thumbsup2

So as you can see this day will very much be a plan-as-you-go type day! A nice relaxing time.

Up next: The plans for the last day in the world! Hard to get sad about when I'm a week away from my trip! :cool1:

Hi Doll!

Life has been crazy busy and I'm just plain exhausted when I get home from work so I have not been on here! I knew your date must be coming up soon so I just had to stop in and wish you the best trip ever and I cannot wait for your TR!!! Please give eeyore04 big hugs and I want you all to have an amazing time XO

:hyper: This is all so exciting! I hope I can get back on here before you guys leave, I'll just have to try extra hard this week :thumbsup2

We did the online check-in last year, and was really fast when we actually checked-in...there was hardly anyone else around at the time mind you, because we got in way later than we were supposed to :rolleyes2, but still...

Isn't it sad writing about the end of you trip when you haven't even been there yet?

Yeah for one week! :cool1: Did you say its actually 3 flights total? I forget. :confused3

I hope you last week of work goes smoothly. Love the new suitcase!

Hi Doll!

Life has been crazy busy and I'm just plain exhausted when I get home from work so I have not been on here! I knew your date must be coming up soon so I just had to stop in and wish you the best trip ever and I cannot wait for your TR!!! Please give eeyore04 big hugs and I want you all to have an amazing time XO
Hey you! I've missed you around here! I know what it's like though, I think everyone goes through that life getting in the way of Dis time sometimes!
Thank you! :goodvibes

:hyper: This is all so exciting! I hope I can get back on here before you guys leave, I'll just have to try extra hard this week :thumbsup2

We did the online check-in last year, and was really fast when we actually checked-in...there was hardly anyone else around at the time mind you, because we got in way later than we were supposed to :rolleyes2, but still...
I'm glad to hear the online check in made it quick for you guys! We debated and debated and debated and in the end decided it certainly couldn't hurt anything, even if it didn't help! Also it was exciting to actually do! :rotfl:

Isn't it sad writing about the end of you trip when you haven't even been there yet?

Yeah for one week! :cool1: Did you say its actually 3 flights total? I forget. :confused3

I hope you last week of work goes smoothly. Love the new suitcase!
On the way down we only have two flights, (Sydney --> Toronto, Toronto --> Orlando) but on the way back we have three, (Orlando --> Toronto, Toronto --> Halifax, Halifax --> Sydney) so you're half right! Hahaha good memory on you. ;)

Hi everyone!
I am just 5 days away from my trip!!

:banana: :hyper: :cool1: :hyper: :banana:

Eeyore04 leaves in two days! It's really here!

Yesterday on my break I got all kinds of new under-essentials and they've been washed, are hanging to dry, and I will be packing them tonight! With that, I will be completely finished packing! :banana:

I'm going to quickly finish off our day to day plans here and be finished with that portion of the PTR!

Day 7
Saturday, September 22

The plan this morning is to sleep in, take it slow, and make sure I wander around the brand new Art of Animation resort grounds taking pictures!

Here are some new Little Mermaid ones from Easy WDW!

mjhgahha4.jpg

mjhgahha13.jpg

mjhgahha8.jpg

mjhgahha10.jpg

mjhgahha22.jpg

This is our last day in the World and we don't have a single thing planned except for...

animal_kingdom_lodge_boma.jpg

Boma! A 10:00am reservation. We decided we wanted breakfast, but it's so hard to get from one resort to another (without paying for a cab) early, so we opted for a late breakfast.

Boma%20Buffet%203.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm... I'm drooling already!

After Boma? Well, we've reserved this day as a "Do what we've missed" day. So anything we missed, any park we want to go back to, anything we just want to do again, this day is reserved for. Our backup plan, if we're bored is to roam around resorts all day! I definitely want to see a night time show on our last night, but which will it be? I guess it depends on what we've already seen!

We have to head back to our room and pack before it gets too late to. I hope we can accomplish everything we want during the day, see a fireworks show AND get packed this evening.

Then off to bed, as early as we can manage it. Why early you ask? Well...

Day 8
Sunday, September 23

3:30am -- UP and at 'em! Our flight leaves at 8:00am and since it's an International flight, ME picks us up 4 hours ahead of our flight time. So at 4:00am we have to be outside with our luggage! (Also unfortunately, we can't check our bags at the hotel. Wish they could get Air Canada to get in on that!)

So it's off to the airport for a 8:00 flight from Orlando to Toronto, arriving at 10:44.

1:40 - take off from Toronto, land in Halifax at 4:38 (local time, adding an hour for the time zone)

5:50 - take off from Halifax, land in Sydney at 6:42. Grab our bags (assuming they're there this time!) and hopefully we will have someone arranged to pick us up! (Hmm, maybe I should work on that!)

I hope to be home by 8pm. We will have already had a long day, and we're both going to have to get up to work the next day!

Then it's just a matter of starting the TR!

So there you have it folks, the day to day plans for my entire trip!

FIVE DAYS!!!!! Hooray!!! Now's when every day feels like it should be "D" day! Your plans sound great. I always try to plan a lazy/do whatever day, too!

4 days until you're in WDW!!!! pixiedust::cool1:

Those pics of the LM section look very cool. For some reason, I love the huge Ursula near the stairs. :laughing:

Your last day plans sound great, it's so smart to leave the end of your trip as "whatever we feel like." gives you plenty of time to relax and enjoy the rest of your time.

Ugh, 3:30 in the morning....:faint:

FIVE DAYS!!!!! Hooray!!! Now's when every day feels like it should be "D" day! Your plans sound great. I always try to plan a lazy/do whatever day, too!
I'm so close I'm panicking that I don't have enough time! :rotfl2: I feel like I have a ton of stuff to do and no time to do any of it!

4 days until you're in WDW!!!! pixiedust::cool1:

Those pics of the LM section look very cool. For some reason, I love the huge Ursula near the stairs. :laughing:

Your last day plans sound great, it's so smart to leave the end of your trip as "whatever we feel like." gives you plenty of time to relax and enjoy the rest of your time.

Ugh, 3:30 in the morning....:faint:

I love the Ursula too! What's with Disney making lovable villains? :rotfl:

Wow.

Wow, wow, wow!

I am just 42 hours away from checking in at Art of Animation!

42 hours!

My cousin, eeyore04 is all settled in at the 60's building in Pop Century. She said they're having an amazing time and are at Cirque du Soleil tonight.

I'm packed. I'm finished work. I've got a ton of things to do around the house tomorrow but I'm basically ready to go. A little more laundry, a few little things, almost ready.

42 hours.

42 hours!

I hope to do one last update tomorrow before I go. I'll have my ipad and hopefully I can get the free wifi working for me (some are reporting it's sketchy in some parts of AoA) so perhaps I can make some mid-trip updates!

For now... I have to stick some last minute laundry in and get to bed, I'm wiped! Tomorrow is going to be a long day, and then it's a very early morning and off to Disney!!

pixiedust:

:cool1: Woo hoo! 42 hours and counting! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! So glad Eeyore in already settled in and having a great time!

Wow, it's almost here!!! YAY!!!!! :dance3: :woohoo: :cool1:

(Hey, before you go, stop by my new PTR! :rolleyes1)

I absolutely cannot wait to see your Art of Animation pics, please takes lots of pics of the LM room! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter