The day after I get back from Disney in April

gap2368

DIS Veteran
I am going to Disney the last week of April and the next day I will start the process of testing for ASD and ADHD ( I had the ADD dx in middle schools many moons ago and lost all records of it). the more I read/ learn about ASD the more I'm like that is me. I have had friend ask me if I have ASD even one saying they were sure. It will be a fun 3 hour office visit followed by some at home questions or this is what I was told the process is like where I am going. I have felt off from others around me for a longtime like something was different so ready to hear what the dr say.....excited scared you know all the emotions

I can't imagine going right from a trip at Disney into the ASD testing right away the next day. I'd have concerns about the accuracy and fatigue because of being over-extended....I'm guessing there is no way to equalize those out by having a few days of rest in-between???

The testing and getting answers is definitely worth it. I was 32 when I got mine and it was a relief as it explained so much, and has helped me make better choices and plan better.

I am going to Disney the last week of April and the next day I will start the process of testing for ASD and ADHD ( I had the ADD dx in middle schools many moons ago and lost all records of it). the more I read/ learn about ASD the more I'm like that is me. I have had friend ask me if I have ASD even one saying they were sure. It will be a fun 3 hour office visit followed by some at home questions or this is what I was told the process is like where I am going. I have felt off from others around me for a longtime like something was different so ready to hear what the dr say.....excited scared you know all the emotions

I understand. I think I would feel exactly the same way; I had to wait a very long time to get my “official” diagnosis, and when I finally got it, I just felt… numb.

Feel all of your feelings, and know that we will be holding a happy thought for you. And have a fantastic time in April!

That’s a great title and a subject that is interesting to explore .
I hope you keep this journey updated ..
For now , I plan to research the topic.
Good luck with all your future plans.

Last edited:
I can't imagine going right from a trip at Disney into the ASD testing right away the next day. I'd have concerns about the accuracy and fatigue because of being over-extended....I'm guessing there is no way to equalize those out by having a few days of rest in-between???

The testing and getting answers is definitely worth it. I was 32 when I got mine and it was a relief as it explained so much, and has helped me make better choices and plan better.
there really is no way of moving it. I am on the wait list for an earler appointment but that seem slim as I will be out of town the first 11 days of April.

I do plan on getting back earlier then I normally would the day I leave I drive so I can leave really anytime and the apparent is in the afternoon

I am also trying to get on SSDI and the attorney has already stated. the paper work so time is also on the hurry

Also I am going to take off that morning of work so I can sleep in and late as I can so hope that helps some too

I understand. I think I would feel exactly the same way; I had to wait a very long time to get my “official” diagnosis, and when I finally got it, I just felt… numb.

Feel all of your feelings, and know that we will be holding a happy thought for you. And have a fantastic time in April!
Thank you. I always look forward to your post on here. you make me smile every time I see you on here

That’s a great title and a subject that is interesting to explore .
I hope you keep this journey updated ..
For now , I plan to research the topic.
Good luck with all your future plans.
I will keep this updated should know sometime in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter