The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

babytrees

<font color=blue>I hate when you've been salivatin
I hope he is feeling better after the doctor sees him later this week, Theresa. Bob is already in bed and snoring away. I hear Kristin's bed calling my name tonight instead! :rotfl:

this is one night I wish I had an "extra" bed.

I turned on our local NBC channel to watch the news, forgetting there was a football game. The Bengals are gonna lose to the Steelers, I do believe!

So we got up this morning and headed to breakfast in Parrot Cay. For the last morning you have a set time and place to eat breakfast, according to the place you had your last night's dinner. If you would like you could also get breakfast at Topsiders. Everybody had to bring their carry on luggage with them, we didn't take much, as we could leave our stuff on the ship.

We had breakfast with Pat and Linda. We had tried to convince Heather and Elizabeth to come to breakfast but they wanted to hit the road so they didn't come. But no one could get off the ship until 8:30am as it took longer to clear customs. They easily could have ate breakfast with us because they couldn't get off the ship anyways.

After our breakfast we headed back to the room, we spent some more time there gathering stuff for when we have to get off the ship. We had to be out by 9am. We went out and wondered for a bit and saw Barecuda Ann and her DH Howard they said their laundry was currently washing. We were going to wash our stuff right after we got back on the ship. We head downstairs to the third floor and head off the ship. We talk to one of the guys and we then turn around and head back onto the ship He said we could head back on for a bit.

We decided we wanted to put our laundry in before we get off, so all we have to do is dry it once we are back on. Well we go back up to the 7th floor to get into our room and try to get in the room and they have locked the doors. We found out they change the locks at 9am. So we head back down to the 3rd floor and head off the ship a second time for the day. They try to direct us to the customs area and we show them our letter. We are told to head up the elevator and into the main terminal. Although it would have been nice to remain on the ship, we were in a basically empty terminal. The cast members were probably still in meetings. Just me, Stephen, Ann and Howard. We got to really explore and enjoy all the details that so many people miss when the terminal is crowded. It is truly a beautiful and detailed place.

One of the cast members took time to explain all the details but I don't remember what everything stands for.

The windows on both sides are to represent the light and where the sun rises and sets
DSC00743.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

The floor is the color of the ocean and has the islands and species you would see on those places
DSC00780.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00752.jpg

DSC00754.jpg

DSC00756.jpg

Disney Logo
DSC00789.jpg

Seats and TVs
DSC00755.jpg

Magic Model
DSC00753.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00760.jpg

Counter Art
DSC00764.jpg

DSC00765.jpg

DSC00766.jpg

DSC00768.jpg

The mouse ear doors to the ship, which are kept locked, you can also see the ceiling that looks like waves
DSC00781.jpg

Connection to the ship
DSC00782.jpg

DCL Logo Window
DSC00787.jpg

Terminal from one end to the other
DSC00786.jpg

My first week on the Magic was officially over and now unto the next week.

ETA: 153,000

last night on the way to CiCi's Cassidy was saying that her friends were talking about their parent's and their ages. She said that there is one whose parents are her great grandparents age:eek: . She definitely has the youngest mama in her group of friends. :cool1:

It did make me feel old when we offered our blanket last night to a family and started to talk. The mom didn't want to say when she graduated from a rival high school...turned out she graduated 2 years before me....so 2-3 years older but her kids were A LOT younger than my kids. :eek:

I was watching Brothers & Sisters. But Arabella decided she should sit on my chest and rub her head in my face. She was purring really loud so I didn't catch all of the show.

I bought a big package of pork chops today and they were SOO good! They were Hormel brand, but they were just plain chops (no sauce or seasoning or anything). I will have to start buying all of our pork chops at Super Target!

I watched all sorts of stuff on Food Network today but it is all so labor intensive! Mix this, chill that, roll it out and make a log and slice it and bake it and sprinkle it.:scared1: I'll just go to the bakery, thank you very much! DH baked the other frozen Sara Lee pie last night. It's an apple one. It is actually very good! Better than the pumpkin, I think. But at $7 each and over an hour to bake I still think we come out ahead buying from the bakery! (I bought the pies B1,G1 and I had a $1 off coupon so I got 2 for $6.)

sounds like the perfect way to celebrate with them, Vicki!

They love when Chuck grills for them. Sometimes he does a pork roast, beef roast & porketta. Yummy! He did a prime rib last year. They enjoyed it so much that Chuck thinks he wants to do it again.

Becky- what a great way to get a milestone!!!:thumbsup2

I've been waiting to post.... did someone get the milestone?

last night on the way to CiCi's Cassidy was saying that her friends were talking about their parent's and their ages. She said that there is one whose parents are her great grandparents age:eek: . She definitely has the youngest mama in her group of friends. :cool1:

It did make me feel old when we offered our blanket last night to a family and started to talk. The mom didn't want to say when she graduated from a rival high school...turned out she graduated 2 years before me....so 2-3 years older but her kids were A LOT younger than my kids. :eek:

Mother will be 60 in February, and my sister will be 16 in March.:scared:

I was watching Brothers & Sisters. But Arabella decided she should sit on my chest and rub her head in my face. She was purring really loud so I didn't catch all of the show.

I bought a big package of pork chops today and they were SOO good! They were Hormel brand, but they were just plain chops (no sauce or seasoning or anything). I will have to start buying all of our pork chops at Super Target!

I watched all sorts of stuff on Food Network today but it is all so labor intensive! Mix this, chill that, roll it out and make a log and slice it and bake it and sprinkle it.:scared1: I'll just go to the bakery, thank you very much! DH baked the other frozen Sara Lee pie last night. It's an apple one. It is actually very good! Better than the pumpkin, I think. But at $7 each and over an hour to bake I still think we come out ahead buying from the bakery! (I bought the pies B1,G1 and I had a $1 off coupon so I got 2 for $6.)

Jim and I realized we hadn't seperated the hamburger and put it in the freezer after Costco....that was $17 in to the trash can!!:headache:

We are doing the turkey this weekend. :goodvibes

Karaoke (all the kids got mics in their goody bags, they all were singing along to the HSM soundtrack) This is Emma and our Godson Bradley.
PICT0079-1.jpg

What a busy day, but lots of fun I'd bet :thumbsup2 Way to go Mommy

NICHOLAS I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

pic8.gif

It's too late for me to come up with one of my own so I'll "borrow" this one.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!

Ditto!!!

It went well, but was entirely too exhausting for me! :rotfl: We baked and decorated, etc from 9:30am - 8:00pm :faint:

We made 8 different kinds of cookies (all in all about 450!). We also made M&M pretzel wreaths, royal icing for the sugar cookies, chocolate covered marshmallows, chocolate covered pretzels, peanut butter fudge and chocolate fudge.

I just hope my aversion to sweets goes away :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

As for the babies, no changes in how I feel -- but I suppose I'm getting quite used to it :rolleyes: I'm anxious to see the ultrasound on Wednesday to make sure things are progressing well!

I kept reading hoping for good news, but no word yet. I hope that Kyle can go with you, that would be awesome :thumbsup2 :wizard:

75 degrees here.

Yesterday, we went to the MK along with eveybody and their families. Hey, that's what happens on short trips.:goodvibes

With creative use of FP and a little bit of patience, we covered a lot of ground.

I wish you could have seen Little Guy's face when he saw Wishes. He and I were doing the "Home Alone" face grab! The castle is so beautiful, it took my breath away.

Off to AK today.:cheer2:

Can't wait to hear more. We are all living vicariously through you at the moment.

:wizard: For Jim!

Janet - I am glad the ice melted! Hopefully Princess won't have to spend her day in the airport. Maybe they will call you soon about the washer!

Stephanie - That sounds wonderful! Glad you are having fun!:goodvibes

Happy Birthday, Nicholas!

Happy Birthday, Emma!

I need to get back to my laundry. DS is still asleep. It took me almost an hour to get him to move from the couch to his bed last night. I would tell him to get up, he would sit up, then he would lay back down. I have to go to the grocery store today because we have no food.

DH had a dream that SW wouldn't let us bring our pins on the plane. Now he wants me to call them.:rolleyes: I am NOT going to call them.

We carried pins in our carry ons with SW, no problem.

I have been searching quite awhile for the right photo album for my niece & nephew to store their autographs and possibly pictures of them with the characters. I found the perfect one today. At TJ Maxx, they had a 4x6 photo album that stores 100 pictures (or autographs). The front cover says "Believe" which is what caught my eye. They were only $2.99 each. They also had a larger version that stores 200 pictures (or autographs) with a frame for a picture in the front. I got three of those - one for each of my girls and me. They were $3.99 each. I figure we have years of pictures we can store while my niece & nephew probably won't return for many years. I really like these!

Sounds like a great find!!!

Well I didn't have as much self control.:lmao: I got 2 snowglobes 50% off & then my 30% discount..$22 each!
I have absolutely no where to put them but I love them!
IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

Very nice, I'm sure you'll find some place to put them. Maybe you need a new shelf for your growing snowglobe collection :rolleyes1

You sound like my mother! :rotfl: We couldn't have knicknacky things because they were "just something else that needed to be dusted."

My mother still says the same thing.

I found out tonight that my parents will be coming down here for Christmas. They will arrive on the 21st and stay until the 28th. So that means I will have to cook! YIKES!

You could always ask them what they'd like to cook for you ;)

Light Scribe... look for this logo on your laptop:

LightScribe_logo.jpg.1121077751.420339.jpg.jpg

I have that logo on my laptop, does that mean I can do that too?

They love when Chuck grills for them. Sometimes he does a pork roast, beef roast & porketta. Yummy! He did a prime rib last year. They enjoyed it so much that Chuck thinks he wants to do it again.

that sounds yummy!!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter