The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We left the room around 6:40. The van driver to the terminal was in the lobby and came running over to help me with my bags. When we got into the terminal I sat down to pack our jackets in my checked bag. I noticed this queue filling up. I wasn't sure what it was but soon learned it was an overflow queue for bag check for Jet Blue.:eek: They kept telling everyone to go outside to the curb but I wasn't going to take out without a coat and we did have pleanty of time. It probably took about 40 minutes to check the bag. We got through security relatively quickly. At least Logan has one line per screening machine unlike the madhouse free for all mess at MCO.

We got some breakfast at Dunkin Donuts and sat down to watch the planes. Did you know every Jet Blue has a name? Our plane was the Sacre Bleu.
DSC04216.jpg

We departed on time and had a nice calm flight. I was able to easily find room for my "magic bag" right above our seat in row 4. I made Joe do homework before he could have his snack. He was excited to watch the planes progress on the map. It seemed like a short flight.

DSC04230.jpg

DSC04233.jpg

We helped a family from our flight find DME. The check in lines were longer than I had seen them before but the queues weren't as long as they were in November. After a short wait we were on an ME bus and on our way to Pop. Joe was disappointed that there was no movie. Pop was the first stop. Check in was quick and our room in the 70's (per Joe's request) was ready. At the Orlando airport the handle on Joe's rolling bag broke. It was a bit of struggle getting to the room with my backpack, rolling "magic bag", his carryon-that was too heavy for him to carry, and the 13 pound box I had UPSed to the resort. I was too lazy to make 2 trips or go find a luggage cart. I don't why I didn't think to ask Joe to take my rolling "magic bag". I looked in the gift shop later in the week and the cheapest rolling bag they had was $100.:scared1:
DSC04238.jpg

Happy Sunday everyone!

Welcome back Bernadette! Sounds like a great trip. I'm enjoying the report

Elin - Have a wonderful time! People in CA wear all kinds of clothes in the winter. I've seen plenty of "winter" clothing, but you could go fall or whatever. When we lived there I tended to wear fall type of clothing until spring as winter stuff was too hot for me.

Jennifer - :wizard: that everyone is doing better ASAP!

Speaking of illnesses, my sister's best friend's 2yo DD could use loads of :wizard: She was admitted to the hospital yesterday as her pulseOx was low due to hindered breathing. Apparently she had pneumonia in both lungs and the right one is really bad. She also has RSV. They also have a 1yo who may very well develop the RSV as well.

Jennifer - Drive safely. I'm sorry that you had to travel at such short notice for the meeting. That's just not right. :(

Chanon - Love the rings! They are lovely.

I know that I read more, but it is all jumbled together as I had to restart my laptop several times over 6 pages. :headache:

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day! I need to go move the laundry then I think I'll bundle up for a walk or something.

Just popping in to say I'm here safely in the grand town of Mansfield, Ohio :rolleyes: I'm off to find some dinner, then back here for the night. It's getting icy!

What about Continental, Northwest Airlines, Airtrain Airways & US Airways? Do any of you know about any of these? I see that US Airways does not have resort checkin for ME and that Airtran doesn't have seat assignment without an extra fee until you checkin. Anything else that you guys know that set these apart?

We changed into shorts and were soon on our way to MGM the sign was changed but they didn't change the quide maps til the next day. We used a 1 day pass from last August toward the renewal of Joe's AP and I purchased a DDE card. I was wondering if my DDE would expire on 1/5/09 or 1/31/09 but was suprised to see it was 2/28/09.
DSC06646.jpg

DSC06647.jpg

DSC06648.jpg

I wanted to see Buzz, Woody, and Jesse before our 4:00 ADR at Sci-Fi. We hit the parade as we walked in so I thought it might be faster to walk through some shops. Joe wanted to pin trade with a very nice CM. Joe did have on his birthday button and we told the CM it was Joe's first ever trade so he gave Joe the pin and then asked Joe to sign his autograph book. Joe gave him a thank you card and the CM gave him 2 Tink pins.

We waited for the Toy Story characters at Al's Toy Barn but only Woody came out. Woody liked Joe's book:
DSC06656.jpg

We went to dinner at Sci Fi. They let me get a burger even though they aren't on the menu. We love this place. I wasn't sure how I would feel sharing a car with another family but it was fine.

DSC06665.jpg

DSC06668.jpg

After dinner we went over to Animation courtyard and saw the Incredibles. Mrs Incredible LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Joe's book. She asked the photopass photographer for a pen so she could write Joe a special message. She wrote: "Happy 7th Birthday Joe! Stay super! Love, Mr & Mrs Incredible." When I got in the photo she squeazed my hand-she just LOVED his book!!!
DSC06679.jpg

MGM was REALLY, REALLY crowded so Joe decided we should skip Osborne lights (he had seen them in Dec 06) and go to MK to see the castle.
DSC06691.jpg

We took the CR bus from MGM rather than the TTC bus so that we could just walk to MK. We met a nice couple on the bus that noticed Joe's birthday button. The bus driver overheard us (we were in the front row) and played a special "Ladies & gentlemen please wish a special guest a Happy Birthday". It was THE voice-you know the monorail or bus guy voice. The whole bus sang Happy Birthday to Joe. It was SO cool-magical!!! Joe was a bit shy but really loved it.

We hit crowds already waiting for Spectro. I asked Joe if he wanted to do that or rides and he chose rides. The castle was still lit up and just beautiful! I'm so glad Joe got a chance to see it. We were waiting in line for a photopass photo when the lights went out for the show. Joe wanted to watch it.
DSC06725.jpg

It felt so great to be at the MK. It was a beautiful night.
DSC06738.jpg

Joe wanted to ride the teacups, then TTA (Joe's favorite) and then we headed over toward BTMRR. Most folks were watching the parade and getting ready for Wishes so there weren't too many people around. Rides were all walk on.
DSC06744.jpg

DSC06760.jpg

DSC06761.jpg

DSC06769.jpg

We rode BTMRR without wait and Joe wanted to go again. On the 2nd ride Wishes started. It was SO cool!!! He wanted to ride again and we got on so quick that Wishes was still going. He wanted to ridge again and by now Wishes was over and the EMH crowds were starting to get on the rides.
DSC06773.jpg

DSC06778.jpg

DSC06784.jpg

I took a few more photos of the castle as we walked out:
DSC06794.jpg

DSC06795.jpg

DSC06802.jpg

I unpacked after we got back to Pop and decorated the window for Joe's birthday.

Vicki Airtran is the carrier I always use to go to Orlando. I do not pay the extra for seat assignments & have never had a problem being seated with the boys. I love that Airtran now participates with ME, so much easier on departure day!

What about Continental, Northwest Airlines, Airtrain Airways & US Airways? Do any of you know about any of these? I see that US Airways does not have resort checkin for ME and that Airtran doesn't have seat assignment without an extra fee until you checkin. Anything else that you guys know that set these apart?

Vicki Airtran is the carrier I always use to go to Orlando. I do not pay the extra for seat assignments & have never had a problem being seated with the boys. I love that Airtran now participates with ME, so much easier on departure day!

If my sister wanted to reserve seats, how much would it cost to reserve them?

Bernadette I am really enjoying your trip report!

I have no idea what park we will be at on our last day. Do you want to eat at a park or a resort? Elizabeth what about you? Give me ideas of where you like to eat & we can go from there :thumbsup2

I just went downstairs to get some meat out of the freezer & everything was thawed. Gary checked the breakers & for some reason the breaker had tripped. I am so upset losing all that food :headache:

Bernadette - I'm enjoying the TR and photos. Keep it coming.

Vicki - I've flown USAirways and haven't had a problem, but they do seem to overbook. I've been there many times when they've asked someone to give up a seat.

We went to BAB today and got our bears. I'll post pictures of them later.

Elin - Have a fantastic time in Cali!!! Best wishes for Patrick.

Bernadette I am really enjoying your trip report!

I have no idea what park we will be at on our last day. Do you want to eat at a park or a resort? Elizabeth what about you? Give me ideas of where you like to eat & we can go from there :thumbsup2

I just went downstairs to get some meat out of the freezer & everything was thawed. Gary checked the breakers & for some reason the breaker had tripped. I am so upset losing all that food :headache:
Oh no. :sad2: Can you cook some things up real quick and prepare meals? At least some stuff would be salvagable then. I'm so sorry.

Everything is still cold, but I am scared to cook any of it(I know I am probably just being to paranoid).

Oh no. :sad2: Can you cook some things up real quick and prepare meals? At least some stuff would be salvagable then. I'm so sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter