The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!

91.gif

I'm scraplifting. Happy Birthday Karen! party: :cake:

Bernadette - Loved your pics! :goodvibes Where were you that you had Goofy, Mickey & Minnie all together? That was cool!

Jennifer - Hope your meeting goes well!

I have 5 other Disney stores that I COULD drive to if mine closes. None of them are more than 20 miles, and most are probably more like 15 miles away. But I don't want to drive that far to get to one.:snooty:

party: :bday: party: Happy Birthday Karen! We'll have cake for you today!

DH just brought Joe to pick up his cake that we'll have later today. Lizzy, Emma & I wrapped his gifts. I think he'll be very happy today. I told him yesterday we wouldn't have cake if he didn't finish his homework. I think he was tired and cranky yesterday. He got up early this morning and finished it before anyone else got up.:thumbsup2 He's getting a small set of Zoobs (thanks Elizabeth for the idea), a set of "Explorer Gloves" with a compas, watch, tweezers...., Nintendo Hot Wheels game and a protractor from my DH.

He wants to design his own "world". He doesn't want to run out of land for his world so it will be floating on the ocean. He's going to have 4 parks-Nature Valley, Magic Valley, Adventure Valley and Newvie Valley. I have a feeling he will be my real Disney fanatic as an adult-he loves all the "classic" rides at Disney like TTA and Carosel of Progress. :love:

So it turns out I have to be in Mansfield, OH (about 3 hours away) for some meeting tomorrow. When did I find out? Yesterday evening. :headache:
:wizard: Safe travels!

I'd love to see your pictures, Bernadette.
I sent you the link. They added just the ONE photo I had deleted yesterday. This morning I noticed that they put in the missing Simba but they also duplicated ALL but 2 photos AGAIN. :headache: I guess I'll have to go delete them again as I had 182 photos taken and I don't need all those extras.:scared:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!

91.gif

How cute!

Bernadette I am looking forward to seeing your pictures! What time do you get in on the 14th in August & where are you staying?
I sent you the link too and am still working on uploading the best of my photos. I was thinking if I just upload them all now I may actually finish the trip report.

We land in Orlando at 12:50 so probably get to hotel and checked in by 3:00pm. I would feel most comfortable with say a 6:00pm ADR. It can be anywhere as we will all have AP's so we can go into a park.

Really beautiful!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip! I got the link, but I haven't looked at the pics yet. I realized yesterday that I have somehow loaded duplicates of hundreds of pics on the computer.:headache: I think I loaded them from the memory card, burned the CDs, then when I was viewing the CDs the pics loaded in again. Or something like that.:rolleyes: It is going to be a gigantic pain to delete all the doubles out.
I think it will be easier for you to delete them from your PC than it will be for me to delete them from that photopass site. It took me about 2 hours yesterday to delete them.

Bernadette, I would love to see your photos.
Link sent.

We had a frost last night so I guess temperatures are back to normal. We have a storm heading in tonight into tomorrow. I'm sure all the snow that we lost will be replenished :cool1: Maybe just maybe we will actually go skiing this year (and snowmobiling too)
You can have the snow! I don't want to commute in it tomorrow.

I love it! :love: :cloud9:
I did think of you when I took it.

Oh, don't even get me started on that. I have to drive 2 hours to get to a Disney store.
:hug: Sorry. It was frustrating when they closed the Disney Store here due to lease disagreements. Then they reopened for a few months only to close again for months for remodeling.

Bernadette - Loved your pics! :goodvibes Where were you that you had Goofy, Mickey & Minnie all together? That was cool!
Thanks! Did you have to look at all those dups? The Goofy, Mickey & Minnie together are the free Disney Visa photo op. It is great because you have the characters all to yourself. I did it with my friend and her nieces in May. I was going to do it in August but the line was too long. They give you a photopass card from the shoot and you go to the photo shop to get your free 5X7. Joe picked one with both of us.

Soo....Bob and I went shopping today...:rolleyes1 and we left with these lovely his and hers items!
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/yellowfish78/Wedding/Wedding Ring/WeddingRing005.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/yellowfish78/Wedding/Wedding Ring/WeddingRing004.jpg
I just had to share these with you guys cuz you're family...:thumbsup2
Chanon love the rings
Joe & I had a wonderful trip! The weather was perfect! We had some very magical moments with a few CM's. Joe LOVED the Hyatt at Logan and he LOVED Pop. We both LOVED, LOVED, LOVED California Grill. I would say Joe had a very magical birthday.

I will upload a few photos and do a trip report.

The parks were a lot more crowded than I expected but the lines actually weren't too bad. There were lots of tour groups. I don't understanding touring the parks in a large group. I have a hard enough time with our party of 5 I can't imagine a group of 30+.

We had some great photopass photos. Let me know if you want the link.
Welcome home Bernadette, Happy Birthday Joe

Happy Birthday Karen
Bernadette, I would love to see your photos.

Unless something major happens, we are lucky to have two Disney Stores here. One at our big mall and one out at the outlets.
we have 2 malls and 2 outlets but the closest is about 30 miles

Work is okay. Crazy busy. The girls are taking their meds okay. we have a follow up in 2 weeks on Jan 26 to check their ears unless Olivia's cough gets worse again then she wants to see her. She had a round of steroids so the Dr is worried that she might have a rebound of the cough mon or tues.

Off to run a couple of errands

Bernadette,

Your pictures are great. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Bernadette - I still haven't printed my August Photopass pics or any of the December pics. Once I print them I'll have to put them in albums. I am tired just thinking about it!:rotfl2:
I told DH I thought that might be the Disney Visa thing. We tried to go in December but we only had one day at Epcot and the line was LOOONNNNG. We were on the way to print our boarding passes so we couldn't have stood in the line even if we wanted to. Well, I guess I could have left DH and DS there, but DS would have balked at that.

Bernadette & Janet - Do we want to plan for a dinner on the 14th? I'll let the 2 of you decide where to go since it's Janet's last night and Bernadette's first! I was planning on CS that night so I can easily do something else! :)

Speaking of cake, I think I'll go have some of Princess's leftover cake! Momboss sent a chunk home with us. :lovestruc

Welcome home Bernadette, Happy Birthday Joe

Work is okay. Crazy busy. The girls are taking their meds okay. we have a follow up in 2 weeks on Jan 26 to check their ears unless Olivia's cough gets worse again then she wants to see her. She had a round of steroids so the Dr is worried that she might have a rebound of the cough mon or tues.
Thank you!

:wizard: Hope the girls continue to improve!!!

Bernadette,

Your pictures are great. Looks like you had a lot of fun.
Thanks! We did!

Bernadette - I still haven't printed my August Photopass pics or any of the December pics. Once I print them I'll have to put them in albums. I am tired just thinking about it!:rotfl2:
I told DH I thought that might be the Disney Visa thing. We tried to go in December but we only had one day at Epcot and the line was LOOONNNNG. We were on the way to print our boarding passes so we couldn't have stood in the line even if we wanted to. Well, I guess I could have left DH and DS there, but DS would have balked at that.

Bernadette & Janet - Do we want to plan for a dinner on the 14th? I'll let the 2 of you decide where to go since it's Janet's last night and Bernadette's first! I was planning on CS that night so I can easily do something else! :)

Speaking of cake, I think I'll go have some of Princess's leftover cake! Momboss sent a chunk home with us. :lovestruc
When we went in August noone was in line around 1:15 I think and they open at 1:30. I didn't know that I should have had an adult get in line while the kids played in the Innovention exhibits. At 1:30 Lizzy had to go to the bathroom and when we got back the line was HUGE. I won't make that mistake again. Joe & I just hit it right. I think there were 2 families in front of us.

I think Janet should decide since it is her last night and we'll have the whole trip ahead of us.

Yummmmmy....Joe's Madagascar cake is very cute.

Elizabeth I don't generally print out photos-just the character ones to put in an album with the cards. I've printed our last 2 family trips (Aug 06/Aug 07) but haven't put them in albums yet. I ordered the prints with my Christmas photos and things have been a bit crazy. I should get those done......

We did buy one of those crystal cubes with Joe's 3D image in it on our trip (it was a bit more $$$ then when Deb did hers:rolleyes1 ). I told Joe it would be his when he's a grown up but that it would have to stay on my dresser for a while. So it wasn't really a souvie for him. The only thing we got for him was a 2008 photo album so I'll have to upload our photos and photopass photos to Kodak to get him prints.

I saw him a few years ago at the Verizon Center in DC. He is one of my favorite country singers.

I was able to get tickets, and I think they are pretty good seats. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the kids, all 3 of them, since the concert is on a Thursday night. I'm hoping that the other respective parent will keep them. I figure since John is off on Fridays he could keep the kids and take them to school. Mine, I think, would not be an issue, but Bob's ex is rather difficult, unless it is something that she wants.

I love George Strait! He's my all-time fav country singer. We were lucky enough to see him multiple times in a small dance hall near our home time while he was still breaking in to the music industry. I hope you guys have a fabulous time!

I am sure there are mickey mouse thongs out there that would make that all work Vicki...

you "crack" me up....:rotfl:

Soo....Bob and I went shopping today...:rolleyes1 and we left with these lovely his and hers items!
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/yellowfish78/Wedding/Wedding Ring/WeddingRing005.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/yellowfish78/Wedding/Wedding Ring/WeddingRing004.jpg
I just had to share these with you guys cuz you're family...:thumbsup2

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Joe & I had a wonderful trip! The weather was perfect! We had some very magical moments with a few CM's. Joe LOVED the Hyatt at Logan and he LOVED Pop. We both LOVED, LOVED, LOVED California Grill. I would say Joe had a very magical birthday.

I will upload a few photos and do a trip report.

The parks were a lot more crowded than I expected but the lines actually weren't too bad. There were lots of tour groups. I don't understanding touring the parks in a large group. I have a hard enough time with our party of 5 I can't imagine a group of 30+.

We had some great photopass photos. Let me know if you want the link.

I'm so glad you had a great time!

5.gif

Karen!

I'm going to borrow your cute post, Elin. BTW -- sorry, but I have no advice -- haven't been to CA in January before. I wear black and brown year-round (they're so slimming!) so I think you can't go wrong there, and with layering. Have a great trip! I hope the concerts go well!

Happy Birthday Karen!

We went out for Randy's birthday last night, and had a great dinner. This place had even smaller portions than normal for fancy places, but it was great food, and after three courses I was full enough. I think we fit in just fine there, as the younger crowd doesn't show up so early. It was lots of fun people watching. The amount of silicone on older women trying to look younger was staggering! :rotfl:

We've been to Church, Randy just took Andrew to baseball, Jake and I are about to leave for the store and need to work on his thank you notes, and we've got THE GAME later today. I'm also going to make a cake for Randy's birthday.

Have a good afternoon everyone! :)

Anyone know anything about US Airways? Are they a good airline? They have some flights out of Green Bay and I am wondering about them. Thanks for any info you might have.

Marci - I am glad you enjoyed your dinner! I need to go to the grocery store. I was hoping to wait until the game started but that isn't going to work. Guess I'll elbow my way through the store!:scared1:

Bernadette - I choose some photos from each trip, burn them to CD, and have them printed at Sam's. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.:rolleyes1

Here is a pic for Joe:

Misc002jpg001.jpg

Of course DS has a big bin full of Zoobs.

I'm so glad you had a great time!

We went out for Randy's birthday last night, and had a great dinner. This place had even smaller portions than normal for fancy places, but it was great food, and after three courses I was full enough. I think we fit in just fine there, as the younger crowd doesn't show up so early. It was lots of fun people watching. The amount of silicone on older women trying to look younger was staggering! :rotfl:

We've been to Church, Randy just took Andrew to baseball, Jake and I are about to leave for the store and need to work on his thank you notes, and we've got THE GAME later today. I'm also going to make a cake for Randy's birthday.
Thanks!

Happy Birthday to Randy. Sounds like lots of cake for the DDA today.

Anyone know anything about US Airways? Are they a good airline? They have some flights out of Green Bay and I am wondering about them. Thanks for any info you might have.
Sorry....never used them.

Marci - I am glad you enjoyed your dinner! I need to go to the grocery store. I was hoping to wait until the game started but that isn't going to work. Guess I'll elbow my way through the store!:scared1:

Bernadette - I choose some photos from each trip, burn them to CD, and have them printed at Sam's. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.:rolleyes1

Here is a pic for Joe:

Misc002jpg001.jpg

Of course DS has a big bin full of Zoobs.
VERY cool!!!!! I can not show it to him yet as he hasn't opened his gifts yet. I'm not sure I want to show it to him because he'll be asking for more Zoobs.:laughing:

I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Elin, Heidi, Robyn- Have a great trip.

Jennifer- Sorry you have to travel for work all of a sudden.

Karen- Happy Birthday

Channon- Love the rings

Jennifer- Hope everyone in your house is feeling better soon.

Bernadette- Great pictures, glad to hear you had a great trip.

To everyone else I hope you are having a great weekend.

We left the house a few minutes later than I was hoping to catch the 2pm boat. We could catch the 3:30 boat but I was thinking 2pm would be better. We came across a roll over accident on the way (hope noone was hurt too bad-must have been going VERY fast on the 30mph road). We had to turn around and go another (longer) way but we still made it to the boat by 1:50.

DSC04139.jpg

It was a lot warmer than the single digits were had been having been still a bit cool and a bit of a raw bite to the day-I think it was in the 30's. I was surprised to see lots of sailboats out in Boston Harbor.
DSC04166.jpg

It was a short walk from the boat to the Hyatt. Check in was pleasant and quick. They didn't tell me they upgraded us to harbor view. The room was nice and Joe really LOVED it.
DSC04169.jpg

We saw the 3:30 boat come into the dock:
DSC04186.jpg

We had some dinner and then Joe did a little homework and wrote in his journal.
DSC04192.jpg

The city was beautiful all lit up at night but Joe had a rough time sleeping. He wanted to go to bed at 5:30 but I kept him up til 7:30. He was way too excited to sleep. He wanted the TV off, music on, me to sleep with him and then finally wanted to watch Cars on my iPod. He fell asleep at 9:30 but was awake from 2:00 to 3:00 and watched some more of Cars til 3:30 and slept til the alarm went off at 6:10.

DSC06643.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter