The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to the urologist this morning. There is nothing physically wrong with Alyssa, but he wants to have her get a spinal xray just to rule that out. When we first got there she had to give a sample, then we met with the dr. and they did an ultrasound of her bladder and kidneys. It turns out that he thinks the problem is that her bladder is not emptying completely, as it was still full during the ultrasound. Because she has always held her urine until the last possible minute (too into playing to go to the potty), she has strengthened her muscle so good that it is cutting off the urinary tube (don't know the technical name for it). Think Kegel exercises. So when she goes it doesn't all come out. He gave us some instructions for getting her relaxed enough when she goes that hopefully it will start emptying more. And of course when urine just sits in the bladder it is more prone to infection. The good news is that her latest sample came back good, so hopefully the infection has cleared up. Also, she was dry last night. At some point in the middle of the night she took her pull up off, she said it was tickling her. It, as well as her bed, was dry! So now I'm thinking maybe going back to no pull up at night because she knows if she has to go she can just go in it instead of getting out of bed. Thanks for all the prayers and pd with this!

:grouphug: and :wizard: to you all.

It's good to know that there is nothing physically wrong with her. Hopefully you can help her relax to empty her bladder. Now that you both have an understanding of what the problem is it will be easier to work toward a resolution.

Deb

So I finally sat down today to crunch the numbers for our summer trip. Let's just say that 3 weeks at WDW isn't going to be cheap even if most of our accomodations are already paid for. Footing the money for 5 premium annual passes is over $2000. Of course we won't have that cost for our Summer 2008 trip :cool1: How much money should I budget for food for the 5 of us. I am really hoping to limit us to one purchased meal a day plus whatever we make in our villa. I'm thinking of budgeting $100 per day which is $2200 for the 22 days. That will need to cover dining out and groceries. Since some days we will not spend $100 and others will cost more I think it might average out :confused3 I will be purchasing a DDE card so that will help or at least cover tips.

Deb

So I finally sat down today to crunch the numbers for our summer trip. Let's just say that 3 weeks at WDW isn't going to be cheap even if most of our accomodations are already paid for. Footing the money for 5 premium annual passes is over $2000. Of course we won't have that cost for our Summer 2008 trip :cool1: How much money should I budget for food for the 5 of us. I am really hoping to limit us to one purchased meal a day plus whatever we make in our villa. I'm thinking of budgeting $100 per day which is $2200 for the 22 days. That will need to cover dining out and groceries. Since some days we will not spend $100 and others will cost more I think it might average out :confused3 I will be purchasing a DDE card so that will help or at least cover tips.

Deb
oh wow. hopefully someone will have an answer for you.

Tammi - I read an article that said having little girls sit backwards on the potty positions them to fully empty their bladders better than sitting frontwards. Maybe worth a try.:confused3 I am glad she is improving!:)
The dr did mention this too, if the toilet was too high for her to rest her feet comfortably on the ground or a stool. Thanks!

so my plans this weekend are to work both days. What is everyone's plans for this weekend?
Tomorrow I am going to a craft festival at our expo center and then I'm taking Bob out to our local dinner theater for his birthday. I also took a picture of he and his daughter together at the circus. I bought a nice frame and put the picture in it and wrapped it. I like to actually give a gift, as well as going out. I have no plans for Sunday. Maybe I can get some stuff done around the house.

Deb
I have no idea how much food would cost. I'm too used to the DDP and not having to worry about it. Good luck calculating.

We went to the urologist this morning. There is nothing physically wrong with Alyssa, but he wants to have her get a spinal xray just to rule that out. When we first got there she had to give a sample, then we met with the dr. and they did an ultrasound of her bladder and kidneys. It turns out that he thinks the problem is that her bladder is not emptying completely, as it was still full during the ultrasound. Because she has always held her urine until the last possible minute (too into playing to go to the potty), she has strengthened her muscle so good that it is cutting off the urinary tube (don't know the technical name for it). Think Kegel exercises. So when she goes it doesn't all come out. He gave us some instructions for getting her relaxed enough when she goes that hopefully it will start emptying more. And of course when urine just sits in the bladder it is more prone to infection. The good news is that her latest sample came back good, so hopefully the infection has cleared up. Also, she was dry last night. At some point in the middle of the night she took her pull up off, she said it was tickling her. It, as well as her bed, was dry! So now I'm thinking maybe going back to no pull up at night because she knows if she has to go she can just go in it instead of getting out of bed. Thanks for all the prayers and pd with this!

:grouphug: and :wizard: to you all.

Tammi, that sounds like great news!!! I am so happy that there wasn't anything more serious.

Hey Deb,

Dont forget to go to allears.net and look at the menus to help you with your planning of food.

It's good to know that there is nothing physically wrong with her. Hopefully you can help her relax to empty her bladder. Now that you both have an understanding of what the problem is it will be easier to work toward a resolution.

Deb

I love what Deb wrote so I am just going to say "ditto!!"

Good Afternoon DDA!

I really wish the sickie bug would leave our house! Poor Leighanna is sick again! I think her allergies are really kicking up. Too bad that the medicine that she is supposed to take won't stay down!

Leighanna had her physical yesterday for kindergarten, despite being sick. She did really well, except for her hearing test, which she failed. They checked her ears and noticed a little fluid. We will retest her again when she is feeling better, and hope for a better result!

Since she was not feeling well, they decided against giving her her immunizations. So now I need to get back in to have that done, along with her hearing test.

They also recommended her to see a nutritionist, because they think that she is too picky of an eater. :confused3 She has certain aversions to food, but we know what she will and will not eat, and have worked around it. She has a high palette in her mouth, and certain texture foods tend to get stuck and make her gag and vomit. I just don't know what a nutritionist will do to get around that!:confused3

Hope all is well with all of you! I still have not had time to think about my ADRs and I really need to get on the ball! Help!

Have a good day everyone!

Deb

the $100 is what I am budgeting for the 4 of us for the days we aren't officially at WDW....we are going to blow that out of the water when we meet up with you all...but well worth the price!! :love: I figure other days are going to be less...probably by quite a lot. You will save quite a bit by cooking at the villa and having snacks on hand. I think it's a good budget.

Have you looked at restaurants.com to order some off site certificates at a cheaper rate??

The dr did mention this too, if the toilet was too high for her to rest her feet comfortably on the ground or a stool. Thanks!

We always had a stool to rest our feet on...my girls also used the same stool...do you have something like that for Alyssa??

the $100 is what I am budgeting for the 4 of us for the days we aren't officially at WDW....we are going to blow that out of the water when we meet up with you all...but well worth the price!! :love: I figure other days are going to be less...probably by quite a lot. You will save quite a bit by cooking at the villa and having snacks on hand. I think it's a good budget.

Have you looked at restaurants.com to order some off site certificates at a cheaper rate??

now that is a good idea

Tia I just noticed how much weight you have lossed. :banana: :cheer2: Congrats.

Thanks! :goodvibes I've had some slower weeks, but I've been pretty happy with how everything is working out so far. Best of all, I think I'm learning some good lifelong lessons along the way.

Good Afternoon DDA!

I really wish the sickie bug would leave our house! Poor Leighanna is sick again! I think her allergies are really kicking up. Too bad that the medicine that she is supposed to take won't stay down!

Leighanna had her physical yesterday for kindergarten, despite being sick. She did really well, except for her hearing test, which she failed. They checked her ears and noticed a little fluid. We will retest her again when she is feeling better, and hope for a better result!

Since she was not feeling well, they decided against giving her her immunizations. So now I need to get back in to have that done, along with her hearing test.

They also recommended her to see a nutritionist, because they think that she is too picky of an eater. :confused3 She has certain aversions to food, but we know what she will and will not eat, and have worked around it. She has a high palette in her mouth, and certain texture foods tend to get stuck and make her gag and vomit. I just don't know what a nutritionist will do to get around that!:confused3

Hope all is well with all of you! I still have not had time to think about my ADRs and I really need to get on the ball! Help!

I am sorry the sickies are still around!!

Abi failed her hearing test once...not at big deal.

The nutritionist might be able to tell you some other foods you might not have tried or ways to get around her palate.

Poor kiddo!!

Vicki- thank you so much for the Eeyore charm. i love it and i already put it on my charm bracelet.

my aunt and uncle came down from new york today for my dads party tomorrow. we visited for a few hours before they scooted their way out so dad wouldn't catch them here. tomorrow i take him to the movies and not sure which one. then on to his party. i cant wait. so i will talk to ya'll Sunday.

Good Afternoon DDA!

Tom I hope the sickie bug leaves you guys soon. Olivia is a picky eater as well. I think its just their age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter