The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chuck & I weren't sure we were going to be able to go to Disney in March due to all the recent car, camera, etc. issues that we've been dealing with. Yesterday, I found out that some of the extra hours I'm putting in qualifies for overtime. Normally my level is exempt from overtime but they put in a special exception. It is possible that there will now be money for Disney in March. Woohoo!!! :woohoo:
That's great news! It's always nice to come upon a little extra cash! :banana:

That's great news! It's always nice to come upon a little extra cash! :banana:

Once again...it's better to land on that Monopoly chance card that states "You're a hard worker...earn extra money" than the one that says "you car breaks down....pay $2000 to the banker to get it fixed!" :thumbsup2

The best thing to do is to pick a theme for your dinner and plan around it. One year, we did Mexican. Then we did Italian. And we had a Frogmoor Stew night. Then we plan the menu, drinks and theming things around it. (Music, decorations, etc.)

Since it's NY eve, you could do an appetizer-type night. Surely your friend's DH could find something to eat. I'd tell that DH to fend for himself. You shouldn't have to plan a menu around him. :mad: If Ken and I go away with another family, we have to both be in agreement that we like the husband, the wife and the kids or else it just won't work.

Thanks Kim, they are great suggestions! We are planning the appetizer night for NY Eve. :thumbsup2

We all get along fine now! ;)

Kim, my moms parents are from Scranton and my dads parents are from Saylorsburg. So the family's go way back also.

As big of a family that I have and there are some I don't know, we very well could be related somehow!

Eric just got into Nascar this year as his driver switched from Formula One. I despise Nascar. My dad watches it religiously and has since I was little. :headache: What is so entertaining about driving around in a circle hours on end?
The crashes is all I can figure.

I need to get moving. I've done some stuff on my list but I have a ton more.

My cousin is headed over later for dinner and to hang out. I haven't seen her in a while so it will be nice to catch up.

Of course, it was supposed to be kid free:rolleyes:

Have a great Saturday!!

Hi Vicki! Glad to hear last week went well for you.

Jen have fun at the beach!

Amy hope Matthew & Alyssa are feeling better soon :wizard:

Tom hope Leighanna is feeling better :wizard:

Heidi good luck with the bathroom floor!

I fell back to sleep at 7 & woke up at 10 :)

I want my tickers back!

So in 1 week at this time I will be sitting in the terminal of the Disney Cruise line waiting patiently to get on the Disney Magic.:thumbsup2 Not so sure about the patient part, but maybe.;)

I am not sure how I am going to convince myself to go back to work after having this 3 day weekend. Then I have 3 days of work and I am outta here.

I still haven't started packing. If you haven't realized it yet, I despise the packing part of vacation. When I went to Florida for college my packing would occur right before I would leave for the airport. Considering I am leaving here at about 5am Friday morning that might be a possibility as I will be too excited to sleep.

I have read and have no clue what is going on. I think my mind is a sponge it is soaking up everything and muttling it into nothing.

Sending prayers, :wizard: :wizard: and :grouphug: :hug: to all of you.

I have the opposite opinion of this. I hate having to push a stroller through the airport, along with trying to lug around carryon items. I would rather have my kids walk, since they will be doing a lot of sitting on the plane. Plus having to fold up the stroller and put it through security....ugh. Then after sitting all that time on the plane they get to walk in the airport again to stretch their little legs. When you get to the resort the stroller is waiting for you. Just thought I would throw out another view.

And my brother has confirmed that Mitchel will not use a stroller. He said, and I quote, "no stroller. my back when he gets tired.." :eek:

We will see how quickly we rent a stroller in one of the parks! :rolleyes1

Robyn forgot to say, I like the slideshows.

Sorry your MIL is being :scared: again. :hug:

I'll remember that when I go to visit my cousin who lives in Allentown!
How wonderful for them! :goodvibes

Please let me know when you will be in Allentown, that is where I drive everyday to work, Or beyond there in Northern Lehigh, Northampton, Palmerton, Lehighton, Roseto, Pen Argyl, etc

I would :love: to meet up with you again.

What a great thing your mom did. I'm filing that away! It's good to see you Vicki!!

My mom is a pretty awesome lady. She drives me crazy at times but truly thinks of others. When we all went off to college (my brother, sister & I), we found little notes in all of our stuff after arriving at the dorm. I don't know when they found time to do it, but Mom had the whole family write little notes to me. They then hid them in everything. I found a note in my bible, a note in several of my jean pockets, notes in my toiletries, etc. I was finding notes for months! One of them didn't get found for over a year.

Over the years, she has left notes in the girls rooms for them to find. Since then the girls left notes for mom once without me knowing about it.

The treasure boxes that I did with all the notes from the DDA was actually an idea my mother had done for my aunt. She had all of us put notes together for my aunt when she was having a bad year.

Chuck & I weren't sure we were going to be able to go to Disney in March due to all the recent car, camera, etc. issues that we've been dealing with. Yesterday, I found out that some of the extra hours I'm putting in qualifies for overtime. Normally my level is exempt from overtime but they put in a special exception. It is possible that there will now be money for Disney in March. Woohoo!!! :woohoo:

great news!

And my brother has confirmed that Mitchel will not use a stroller. He said, and I quote, "no stroller. my back when he gets tired.." :eek:

We will see how quickly we rent a stroller in one of the parks! :rolleyes1
I'm giving it 5 hours.

He has no idea......:sad2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am not from the south either, and am not into NASCAR, but it only took trying to go visit the girls in Richmond ONCE on race weekend to remember the dates!

:rotfl: :rotfl: I always check the race dates to make sure that I'm not going through Charlotte on race day when I'm going to see my folks. Hard lesson to learn! ;)

Kim, my moms parents are from Scranton and my dads parents are from Saylorsburg. So the family's go way back also.

As big of a family that I have and there are some I don't know, we very well could be related somehow!

You never know. :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter