The DIS Dad's Club VIII - The Online Mancave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update Steve. Still praying for them often. Not sure if the right forum is here or through PM or disdads etc... but as things start to settle down for them, it'd be great to know if there is something we can do to help out. I'm guessing other dads here are probably feeling the same way.

QUOTE]

I really appreciate everyone keeping the Schwab family in your prayers and adding them to prayer lists at your churches. That means a lot. I told them that they have people concerned and praying for them all over the nation. They were surprised and impressed that people who do not know them would take such an interest in them. I told them...."It's what we do!" Thanks Dads!!

Attention all lawyer dads!

I can't help but notice our beloved new Dis Dads logo...well at least the ears...bares a striking resemblance to Disney Channels.

Any issues. :confused3

brandpageimages_disney_channel_logo.jpg

Shhhhhh.... There is a Fed on here!!! But veeery interesting though hmmmm.:rolleyes1

Well...my plan is to work in a park icon into each color.

Purple is for MK
Green is for AK
Blue is for EP
Red is for HS
Ahh that makes sense. I was starring at it singing to myself.
Red, Orange, Yellow...Green, Blue, Purple thinking you made an almost rainbow.

Nice job on the gif and the logos too.

Ok guys, finally back...but not caught up.;)

Had a great grand gathering week at WDW. Got back last weekend and have had a very busy week back at work...no time to catch up on the threads.

On trauma call tonight, so finally checkin back in.

Love the decals...would definately need a couple.

:banana:

Welcome back, Phil!

No problem, I was kidding. ;)

I know! :thumbsup2

Ahh that makes sense. I was starring at it singing to myself.
Red, Orange, Yellow...Green, Blue, Purple thinking you made an almost rainbow.

Nice job on the gif and the logos too.

Actually it goes like this...

Red, yellow, green, red, blue blue blue
Red, purple, green, yellow, orange, red red

Blend them up and what do you get?
Ceries, chartous, and aqua
Mauve, beige, and ultra marine, and every colour in between
Hazo ka li ka no cha lum bum

Colour has it's harmony and just like I have said
Red, purple, green, blue, purple, red red

Blend them all and what do you get?
Ing za ri ka fo zi brun brun

Colour has it's harmony and just as I have said
Red, yellow, green, red, blue, pink, grey
And white, and plaid and blue, green, white, yellow and toodinz 'n' and and and
right and and strips with blue and a black and Plaid and a....a

oo and ...vut vut, vait a second, vut vut's going on wid all da colours?
Blue, red, green, green, white, white, black....
vut ever happened to just plain old lavender blue dilly dilly dilly dilly.......dilly
....silly

Attention all lawyer dads!

I can't help but notice our beloved new Dis Dads logo...well at least the ears...bares a striking resemblance to Disney Channels.

Any issues. :confused3

brandpageimages_disney_channel_logo.jpg

I don't see it Nate. They have words in their head...we don't, they have that little thing that looks like an earring (SM) under the ear...we don't and we have a whole head...they don't. Nope don't see it at all.... :rolleyes1

Actually it goes like this...

Blend them up and what do you get?
Hazo ka li ka no cha lum bum

Colour has it's harmony and just like I have said
Red, purple, green, blue, purple, red red

Blend them all and what do you get?
Ing za ri ka fo zi brun brun

Colour has it's harmony and just as I have said
Red, yellow, green, red, blue, pink, grey
And white, and plaid and blue, green, white, yellow and toodinz 'n' and and and
right and and strips with blue and a black and Plaid and a....a

oo and ...vut vut, vait a second, vut vut's going on wid all da colours?
Blue, red, green, green, white, white, black....
vut ever happened to just plain old lavender blue dilly dilly dilly dilly.......dilly
....silly
Wow, I don't know that song at all. I was thinking of the song from Mickey's Mouse Clubhouse....

I don't see it Nate. They have words in their head...we don't, they have that little thing that looks like an earring (SM) under the ear...we don't and we have a whole head...they don't. Nope don't see it at all.... :rolleyes1

There might be a little similarity in the "D" but I think the Disney channel logo is abstract Mickey ears. The disdad logo is actually a though bubble with several other thought bubbles conjoined in it to symbolize group think...

Wow, I don't know that song at all. I was thinking of the song from Mickey's Mouse Clubhouse....

Mouska hey, mouska hi, mouska ho.
Mouska ready, mouska set, here we go!
You're a thinkin and a solvin work it througher.
Mouska you, mouska me, mouska doer.
Oh Toodles, it's time to get to it.
Show us the mouskatools to help us do it.

Toodles has the tools, the mouskatools
So when we need em
Toodles will bring em.
He's here for meedles and youdles
And all we have to say is "Oh, Toodles!"

Sorry, I have this song in my head pretty much all the time and couldn't resist when you mentioned Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We have several episodes on the DVR at all times. It is like ambien for our son. When it is bedtime or naptime, turn on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and that is about the only thing that can keep his attention for long enough to keep him in one place so he can fall asleep.:rotfl2:

I'm trying to work on a way to get my hat to flip up in the air and land back on my head so I can do Goofy's version of the Hot Dog Dance with him when we go to WDW this fall... :lmao::rotfl2:

Mouska hey, mouska hi, mouska ho.
Mouska ready, mouska set, here we go!
You're a thinkin and a solvin work it througher.
Mouska you, mouska me, mouska doer.
Oh Toodles, it's time to get to it.
Show us the mouskatools to help us do it.

Toodles has the tools, the mouskatools
So when we need em
Toodles will bring em.
He's here for meedles and youdles
And all we have to say is "Oh, Toodles!"

Sorry, I have this song in my head pretty much all the time and couldn't resist when you mentioned Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We have several episodes on the DVR at all times. It is like ambien for our son. When it is bedtime or naptime, turn on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and that is about the only thing that can keep his attention for long enough to keep him in one place so he can fall asleep.:rotfl2:

I'm trying to work on a way to get my hat to flip up in the air and land back on my head so I can do Goofy's version of the Hot Dog Dance with him when we go to WDW this fall... :lmao::rotfl2:

For the longest time that is the show our DD would watch. We too always had episodes on the DVR.

That would be awesome.

SHUTDOWN AVERTED!

party::jumping1:party:

Hooray for Fed and Aaron!

Yep, I'm glad that a deal got done and that I'm not going to be on furlough.
On the other hand, this brinksmanship crap is ridiculous. My entire office was scrambling like crazy today, preparing to deal with a shutdown. Now we show up on Monday to "business as usual" (except there may not be money in the being-revised-on-the-fly budget to follow through on what we've been working on for the first half of the year).

It's really tempting to just take a day of leave on Monday.

It's called the Spectrum Song...and Ludwig VonDrake is the singer. From Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color.

I have it on the Classic Disney Vol. 1 CD.

That song was stuck in my head while I was trying to make the animation.

Yep, I'm glad that a deal got done and that I'm not going to be on furlough.
On the other hand, this brinksmanship crap is ridiculous. My entire office was scrambling like crazy today, preparing to deal with a shutdown. Now we show up on Monday to "business as usual" (except there may not be money in the being-revised-on-the-fly budget to follow through on what we've been working on for the first half of the year).

It's really tempting to just take a day of leave on Monday.

Leave??? Just pull a no-show and say you didn't get the memo. :lmao::rotfl2:
Just kidding, glad they worked it out!

My Reds are starting to depress me this evening and I've got a plane to catch tomorrow. I'm going to head to bed before I go spend about 25 hours in Dallas tomorrow/Sunday to see the Sprint Cup race!!! See y'all Sunday or Monday, have a great weekend.

ok guys, i am thinking about doing a "scavenger" hunt with my kids while i am at the world. I want to print out some pictures and have my kids find what is in the pics. my kids will be 9 and 6 so it can't be too hard to find the items.
Do you think this would be a fun activity? What do you think would be some suggestions to have them search for?

ok guys, i am thinking about doing a "scavenger" hunt with my kids while i am at the world. I want to print out some pictures and have my kids find what is in the pics. my kids will be 9 and 6 so it can't be too hard to find the items.
Do you think this would be a fun activity? What do you think would be some suggestions to have them search for?

This is a great idea, Greg! I've heard of people doing this before. On the disABILITIES thread, I think. I'm having trouble searching for it this morning. I remember that people were sharing their ideas so you wouldn't have to start from scratch. It sounds like a lot of fun! :woohoo:

Most resorts have things around, like poly with their Tikis scattered around the grounds. They even have a chocolate LILO and stitch! Very hidden! That is the only resort we know but all resorts have those things! Kind of frowned upon but if you are not staying there you could start your hunt a couple hours before wishes, then watch electric water parade and fireworks from the poly beach! Scavenger hunt/romantic night. Just take the bus or drive to the TTC or drive right up to the gate and tell them about your Ohana reservation :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter