The DIS Dad's Club VIII - The Online Mancave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I had to go check the front page to see if you and Pratt were nemesi after that.

I am trying to egg him into it. Too good for him are the skills of this Jedi, I think.

Although, it is hard to be nemesi, with the only DisDad, I have ever met...

I understand that that'd be a question people would have, but my guess is if their goal is to vacation at places other than Disney there are probably cheaper ways to do it.

I need to find a spare 20K before it becomes a big issue for me though.

trike, i finaly found your trip report.:thumbsup2 i all ways miss the sig. notes all the time for some reason. nice job.:thumbsup2

May as well add me to the list. I have this same disease that afflicts the rest of you. While I am an infrequent poster here on the DIS I am a habitual reader.

A Little bit of good news today. Allison and Jacob are being moved out of PICU and into a regular room together. Allison says she feel a tingling in her legs like they are asleep but still can not move them yet. I am hoping that this is a good sign. She is scheduled to have surgery again on Wednesday to fix the L3 fracture in her back. At some point, I am not sure when, they are going to be moving her to Columbus into a rehab center. Keep the prayers coming. There is a long way to go yet.

This morning at church was very emotional for everyone. You could feel the void left by Richard and his family. Several of the men were trying to do the little things that Richard would do each service. His viewing is scheduled for tomorrow evening and the funeral is going to be Tuesday at our church. It is going to be a big service I am sure. Today there are 2 car washes going on by the Marching Band to help raise money, and the spaghetti dinner is still scheduled for Friday evening. They were ablet o get EVERYTHING donated for Friday by local grocery stores so that whatever is made will be total profit.

Pastor Dave at church this morning kept saying that he has never seen strength in anyone like he has Dale during this whole situation. I agree she is handling everything with strength and grace. Well, I need to get moving and get the kids to AWANA...thanks for listening and praying for the Schwab family!!!

trike, i finaly found your trip report.:thumbsup2 i all ways miss the sig. notes all the time for some reason. nice job.:thumbsup2

Hey Dave, guess what...........PHILS ARE 7-2!!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1:

A Little bit of good news today. Allison and Jacob are being moved out of PICU and into a regular room together. Allison says she feel a tingling in her legs like they are asleep but still can not move them yet. I am hoping that this is a good sign. She is scheduled to have surgery again on Wednesday to fix the L3 fracture in her back. At some point, I am not sure when, they are going to be moving her to Columbus into a rehab center. Keep the prayers coming. There is a long way to go yet.

This morning at church was very emotional for everyone. You could feel the void left by Richard and his family. Several of the men were trying to do the little things that Richard would do each service. His viewing is scheduled for tomorrow evening and the funeral is going to be Tuesday at our church. It is going to be a big service I am sure. Today there are 2 car washes going on by the Marching Band to help raise money, and the spaghetti dinner is still scheduled for Friday evening. They were ablet o get EVERYTHING donated for Friday by local grocery stores so that whatever is made will be total profit.

Pastor Dave at church this morning kept saying that he has never seen strength in anyone like he has Dale during this whole situation. I agree she is handling everything with strength and grace. Well, I need to get moving and get the kids to AWANA...thanks for listening and praying for the Schwab family!!!

Thanks for the update Steve. We will continue to keep them in our thougts and prayers.

Seems I got myself a virus on my work lap top yesterday. My virus software did not pick it up. What ever it is it keeps telling me my computer is infected and I can fix it with some software that I need to download. I figure I will leave it for the guys that make the big bucks tomorrow. I'm sure this will go over great.

I have already started thinking about. My next one to celebrate my weight loss has a hidden mickey in already, but things can change, since it hasn't been started yet.

Congrats, Jason! How much did you lose? And how did you do it? I've been doing the low-carb thing (with some success), but its hard to stick to long-term.

May as well add me to the list. I have this same disease that afflicts the rest of you. While I am an infrequent poster here on the DIS I am a habitual reader.

:welcome: Thanks for crossing over into a poster!

That's great news, Steve. (As you know,) Sensation always comes before movement. Will keep praying for the surgery. Thanks for the update.

Accidental OWNAGE!

Seems I got myself a virus on my work lap top yesterday. My virus software did not pick it up. What ever it is it keeps telling me my computer is infected and I can fix it with some software that I need to download. I figure I will leave it for the guys that make the big bucks tomorrow. I'm sure this will go over great.

My kids got this one too from some streaming video site. A tough one to get rid of but we finally did with help from a friend in IT.

I think I got caught by this too, is the Software Vista Security or something? Took me quite a while to clear it up, I'm just not that good with computers anymore like I used to be.

Thanks guys. I felt a little more pressure than I expected I would when I was answering those questions. I didn't want to put my foot in my mouth or anything.

Just remember if you had, you would have still represented us appropriately. :lmao:

Thanks for the update there Steve. Prayers still going up and as DisDadDoc said, hopefully sensation will be the predecessor to movement.

Its been a busy day here, first day about 80 all year so I took the opportunity to switch the garage / shed with the seasonal stuff, rescreened the kitchen window, removed the bramble rose bushes and now I'm plunked on the couch with the laptop on dis, and the tv on the Masters.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Welcome. A hoosier welcome as well. Any where near Fort Wayne?

Steve thanks for update. We're keeping them in our prayers here. It's really great how your community is helping out.

Just remember if you had, you would have still represented us appropriately. :lmao:
:rotfl::rotfl: Well said.

:welcome: Jump right in, the thread is great. I was an infrequent poster too until i find this particular thread.

DW and I started the spring cleaning/purge that is LONG overdue in the apartment here (probably since DD2 was born). Time to really start getting rid of stuff we don't use or need. Good start, as the hall closet yeilded 3 bags of coats/boots to the donation box. Movie night tonight, watching Tangled. Hope the painkillers can kick in after hauling down an old air conditioner to the garbage, sucker had to weigh like 60 lbs at least.:scared1:

good evening crew.
I think i will modify my scavenger hunt. I will divide the teams into my DW and DD on one team and my DS on team two with my niece, and i will be the judge/ref. I will give each a list with 25 items, they must get a photo of the items to get the points. I was thinking to make it 100 total points but not all items will be worth the same amount. ex., one item will be "A Sherpa" (there are pictures of them on que for everest) will be worth 5 points another will be "a giant guitar" (R&RC) will only be worth 1 point.
i will add that any hidden mickeys are worth two bonus points each.

what do you guys think? i don't want to make it too dificult because my DD is only 6 (that's why she is on my DW's team.

DW and I started the spring cleaning/purge that is LONG overdue in the apartment here (probably since DD2 was born). Time to really start getting rid of stuff we don't use or need. Good start, as the hall closet yeilded 3 bags of coats/boots to the donation box. Movie night tonight, watching Tangled. Hope the painkillers can kick in after hauling down an old air conditioner to the garbage, sucker had to weigh like 60 lbs at least.:scared1:

Y'all need A/C up there?

Okay DisDads, listen up!

I have a little "pay it forward" that I want to offer you.
I appreciate all the info, camaraderie, and entertainment offered here.
I will have a drawing next Sat 4/16/11 for the following:
http://www.steveandamysly.com/tag/monorail/

If you would like to be entered there are only 2 requirements:
1) you must be registered on Disboards.com and a Disdads member at the time of this post
2) you must email me with "Disdads hat" in the subject line and give your name and screen name (pcole2 at gmail.com)

Thanks and good luck!

What a great idea :thumbsup2 I have entered, who else is going to enter? :confused3

good evening crew.
I think i will modify my scavenger hunt. I will divide the teams into my DW and DD on one team and my DS on team two with my niece, and i will be the judge/ref. I will give each a list with 25 items, they must get a photo of the items to get the points. I was thinking to make it 100 total points but not all items will be worth the same amount. ex., one item will be "A Sherpa" (there are pictures of them on que for everest) will be worth 5 points another will be "a giant guitar" (R&RC) will only be worth 1 point.
i will add that any hidden mickeys are worth two bonus points each.

what do you guys think? i don't want to make it too dificult because my DD is only 6 (that's why she is on my DW's team.

This sounds like a great idea!!! I will have to try something like this on our next trip!:thumbsup2

Steve, continued thoughts and prayers to all affected.
It is great to hear that the community has come together :thumbsup2

I am happy to hear some better news. This family seems to have a very good support system. You, your family, and friends are very good people!

Congrats, Jason! How much did you lose? And how did you do it? I've been doing the low-carb thing (with some success), but its hard to stick to long-term.

I am currently down 89 pounds since May of last year. I had lap-band surgery and am working very hard at it. Thanks!

Welcome. A hoosier welcome as well. Any where near Fort Wayne?

Other side of the state. I can make downtown Chicago in 30 minutes when traffic is light.

I'll try to post more often. It looks like we'll be going to WDW in late September.

Just got home - took the kids to see HOP - cute flick.

Well...did the same thing...but me and the kids were actually taking DW out to see HOP.

Tomorrow is her B-day...so we took her out for an evening of shopping...a meal and a movie today...since tomorrow will be school...work...homework...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter