The DIS Dad's Club X: Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you have to start channeling that power in a more constructive way.
Like - It never rains $100 bills over twokids0204's house.
Come on - worth a shot. :thumbsup2 <---- Big Thumb

And it certainly never does that over my house either.

(Like you said… It’s worth takin’ a stab at)

OK Dads - I know some of you guys also hit the beach in Myrtle Beach.

I'm looking for some good ideas for family activities for our trip in 3 weeks. Keep in mind I have two girls under age 4.

We've been there many times in the past....but I'm always looking for successful ideas!

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

Since my wife is from there, yeah, I get to visit a lot...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Broadway on the Beach...Family Kingdom...Ripley's Aquarium (which is at Broadway)...Radd Dews BBQ on Friday or Saturday night...The water park might be a little over the top for your girls...Putt Putt...

At least that's what my 3 year old likes.....

Mustang Week is in Late July, so you miss that one:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Randall (Cinderella's Fella) & Myself and Families are meeting up at Philly Zoo this Sunday if any other Dads can make it:confused3

KEVIN!!! your computer still has that stupid lookin eagle head in your sig.:lmao:
Yeah that will be there forever. I'm a die hard.

Still must have a virus. . . . a nasty one at that.:thumbsup2:rotfl2:

Cheers,
INdy
lol

Welcome back! I'm glad you purged the demons from your computer!

(I'd recommend a great anti-virus that I've been using for years but odds are that you already have one now)
Yeah, I've learned my leason. No more having fun without protection. (I should have learned that after the third bundle of joy)

oh boy, i hope i didnt tick indy off. making a joke about joe pa in that end of the state dont go well. every fall, before the coll. football season starts, they watch joe pa walk across water to go into beaver stadium.:lmao: there not like eagle fans who can take a joke.:lmao:

I've learned to take Eagles jokes with a grain of salt, not so much with Penn State though.....WE ARE>>>>>PENN STATE

anyone going to any of the nascar races in the poconos this year??

I went to Bristol and was suppose to go to Dover. I had to skip the Dover trip because our flag football championship was on the same day. I'm glad I missed it though. We won the championship and my son won Offensive MVP for the season!!!! I was one proud dad that day!:cool1:

What you missed - were your virus updates.

Glad to see the critters are gone.

That was funny. Spit beer all over my new computer on that!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

It's great to be back!

What types of things have y’all already gotten into, and what kind of things make your girls happy?

Here are a few of the newer things going on down there…

There are two sections of carney-rides at either end of “Broadway at the Beach” (the original rides, and several of the ones that used to be at The Pavilion before it closed down). There are also a number of shops & restaurants there as well that would be fairly entertaining to a couple of young girls).

Most of the water parks have very good areas set aside for small kids (and they drop the prices by nearly half starting between 2:00 & 3:00 pm).

MB just opened up a new Farris wheel on the Boardwalk along the shore downtown. It’s supposed to be one of the tallest wheels on the South Atlantic coast (includes large, enclosed, air-conditioned cars).

If either they or you are into pirates… The old Dixie Stampede has just finished changing from the original show to one that is based on a POTC theme (called: “Pirates Voyage” I think) that still includes competitions and of course dinner.
Thanks Rob...I had read the previous post on the pirates dinner...just wonder if it may be too violent for my girls to handle.

We definitely plan on hitting boardwalk...we've done that before.

Since my wife is from there, yeah, I get to visit a lot...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Broadway on the Beach...Family Kingdom...Ripley's Aquarium (which is at Broadway)...Radd Dews BBQ on Friday or Saturday night...The water park might be a little over the top for your girls...Putt Putt...

At least that's what my 3 year old likes...

Mustang Week is in Late July, so you miss that one:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks Fed. We will definitely do the putt putt thing. The aquarium might be something new we can check out.

Radd Dews will be on the list....any other must eat at places?

Isn't it a DisDad Law that when you go on your 50th trip that you have to buy a souvenier for each of the other DisDad members? I'll take a Star Wars Vinylmation or a Pete as Boba Fett action figure! :thumbsup2

On an unrelated note, I just got an email from the director. No need for call backs, I got the part of Amos!!!! :banana::woohoo::dance3:
Still waiting to see if DW got a part. I hope she does, it's one of her favorite musicals...I'd feel bad if I got a part and she didn't.

TL

:dancer: Congratulations On getting the part :dancer:party:

Thanks Rob...I had read the previous post on the pirates dinner...just wonder if it may be too violent for my girls to handle.

We definitely plan on hitting boardwalk...we've done that before.

Thanks Fed. We will definitely do the putt putt thing. The aquarium might be something new we can check out.

Radd Dews will be on the list....any other must eat at places?

Radd Dews is in Conway, so it'll be a bit of drive if you want to try it....

Lee's Inlet Kitchen in Murrell's Inlet is good, as is River City Cafe also in Murrell's (and a new one in Soccastee)...

Are you staying North, South or the middle?

I am looking to do a summer vacation - and unfortuatley we are not doing Disney this year. ::MickeyMo We will return next year after much of the Fantasyland expansion is done.

We are talking about taking a road trip to Washington DC.

Looking for advice from those who have been there... Where to stay? what to do? etc...

How many days should we go? I know there is the Smithsonian museums... are they to boring for kids?

Looking for any advice....

And if there are any DISdads there, would love to meet ya at the White House. :thumbsup2

I am looking to do a summer vacation - and unfortuatley we are not doing Disney this year. ::MickeyMo We will return next year after much of the Fantasyland expansion is done.

Looking for advice from those who have been there... Where to stay? what to do? etc...

How many days should we go? I know there is the Smithsonian museums... are they to boring for kids?

And if there are any DISdads there, would love to meet ya at the White House. :thumbsup2

I'm playing a Travel Agent tonight....I spend a good bit of time in DC and I always stay in Crystal City (across the Potomac in Virginia) Depending on your price Range....the farther out you go, the less expensive it becomes, but Springfield is as far out as I'd stay--avoid Greenbelt, Maryland (like the plague)

...you can take the Metro Trains, which are safe, straight into the Smithsonian Station (go figure) and be right on the mall at the Museums. They'll love the Air and Space Museum and the Museum of Natural History as well...All the monuments are in the same general area, but it's still a lot of walking....

Everything is pretty much in that centralized area except the Zoo--take the Metro to the Zoo stop and follow the directions from there, you can't miss it:thumbsup2

Places I'd stay....depends on your budget..

1. Embassy Suites Old Town Alexandria (directly across the street from Metro stop)

2. Marriott Crystal City or Marriott Crystal Gateway (right next to each other) in Crystal City

3. Last Choice is Embassy Suites Crystal City--simply because it's not convenient to metro.

There's a Hyatt, a Hilton (I think) and another Hotel at Pentagon City that's good to go as well, but I've never stayed there (there's a metro stop at Pentagon City)

Go see the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Lastly....DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRIVE IN DC....you'll thank me later.

Cool vaca! I love DC. I would suggest trying to stay as close to the National Mall as possible, that way most of the sites are a walk or short cab away.

The Smithsonian museums are my favorite part of that area. I think kids would dig the National History museum, there are some really cool exhibits there.

As far as time, I would think 3-4 days would give you plenty of time to see everything you wanted (including a Baseball game or two)... Just my 2 cents...

Heat can't win tonight. Pre-game announcers said no team has won 10 home playoff games in a row and Heat would set a record. Whenever they say that - no record.

Today was errand day. Everything was going fine until I decided to get a haircut. When I was paying, she asked me if I was a senior citizen. What? First time for that. In the thought bubble, "You Beverly, Peanut Buttering, Beverly." I had already tipped her too.

I guess its time for the rocking chair and AARP card. BEVERLY!

Did you at least get the discount?

Be careful not to get all worked up at your age :lmao::rotfl2:

Your empathy and concern are very touching. Almost got emotional there for a minute. (Good comeback though duck)

Did you give her a beat down with your cane to teach her a lesson in respecting her elders?

See above

I'm totally looking forward to gray hair. As the Bible says, "a gray head is a crown of glory" (Pro 16:31) and I'm looking forward to milking that until the day I die. I'm 35 and I keep searching for gray hairs... Sure, my WIFE has PLENTY, but ME? NOOOO! lol

She's gonna beat me for that... :woohoo::eek:

No you don’t and yes she will.

She knows I'm kidding... Trust me, she'd like me to get some so I'll shut up about it.

My grandfather on my mom's side was bald and in my 5th grade "genetics" class I learned that I'm supposed to lose my hair too. I can't wait for that either. I already told my wife that if it happens I'm shaving the rest off, buying a box of sugar-free suckers and making everyone call me "Kojak".

See above

OK Let’s put the brakes on this right now. While I may be older than most of you whippersnappers, I AM NOT A SENIOR CITIZEN. Not that there is anything wrong with being a senior BUT I AM NOT ONE!

To set the record straight, I have most of my hair and very little grey. I still got carded when I was in my 30’s and everyone thinks I am much younger than I am. Granted, I still haven’t put on the weight lost from my hospital visit but I DO NOT LOOK LIKE A SENIOR CITIZEN. In fact that Beverly of a stylist looked older than I did.

Not that I am sensitive about it or anything.

Thunder Canyon? You get soaked on that ride. The water hurts when it hits you!

Yeah, I thought it was like the raft ride at Six Flags Gurnee, IL, went on that one 18 times in a row and I didn't get half as wet as I did on Thunder Canyon.

With water.

Just clarifying...

Right. Water. Of a sort. :laughing:

Just saw this on FB! Congrats!!!!

Thanks! So far, I'm the only person I know with a role in it. It's making me worried that I'm going to have to do the whole show myself. And let me tell you, I do NOT have the figure to pull off some of those outfits....

1) I second, third, and forth the 50th trip rule. I vote you make that a MANLAW!
Oh, and I'll take some Carmel Popcorn from the Karmel Kuche in Germany.

2) CONGRATS on Chicago - looking forward to seeing the big number on youtube

I'll see what I can do. :rotfl2:

:dancer: Congratulations On getting the part :dancer:party:

Danke!

TL

OK Let’s put the brakes on this right now. While I may be older than most of you whippersnappers, I AM NOT A SENIOR CITIZEN. Not that there is anything wrong with being a senior BUT I AM NOT ONE!

To set the record straight, I have most of my hair and very little grey. I still got carded when I was in my 30’s and everyone thinks I am much younger than I am. Granted, I still haven’t put on the weight lost from my hospital visit but I DO NOT LOOK LIKE A SENIOR CITIZEN. In fact that Beverly of a stylist looked older than I did.

Not that I am sensitive about it or anything.

Maybe it was a Senior in High School Discount she wanted to give yo..:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl::rotfl2::laughing::lmao::rotfl:

Sorry, I couldn't even type that with a straight face....

TL

I'm playing a Travel Agent tonight....I spend a good bit of time in DC and I always stay in Crystal City (across the Potomac in Virginia) Depending on your price Range....the farther out you go, the less expensive it becomes, but Springfield is as far out as I'd stay--avoid Greenbelt, Maryland (like the plague)

...you can take the Metro Trains, which are safe, straight into the Smithsonian Station (go figure) and be right on the mall at the Museums. They'll love the Air and Space Museum and the Museum of Natural History as well...All the monuments are in the same general area, but it's still a lot of walking....

Everything is pretty much in that centralized area except the Zoo--take the Metro to the Zoo stop and follow the directions from there, you can't miss it:thumbsup2

Places I'd stay....depends on your budget..

1. Embassy Suites Old Town Alexandria (directly across the street from Metro stop)

2. Marriott Crystal City or Marriott Crystal Gateway (right next to each other) in Crystal City

3. Last Choice is Embassy Suites Crystal City--simply because it's not convenient to metro.

There's a Hyatt, a Hilton (I think) and another Hotel at Pentagon City that's good to go as well, but I've never stayed there (there's a metro stop at Pentagon City)

Go see the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Lastly....DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRIVE IN DC....you'll thank me later.

I'll thank you now... that's some good advice... now to Google Maps to check out these locations.

Cool vaca! I love DC. I would suggest trying to stay as close to the National Mall as possible, that way most of the sites are a walk or short cab away.

The Smithsonian museums are my favorite part of that area. I think kids would dig the National History museum, there are some really cool exhibits there.

As far as time, I would think 3-4 days would give you plenty of time to see everything you wanted (including a Baseball game or two)... Just my 2 cents...

Baseball Game - awesome idea, now off to check the schedule.

Thanks both.

Turkey, is there a paycheck for you in this play or is it volunteer:confused3

Strictly volunteer. It's a college based community theater. More about the experience than anything. The director barely gets paid (and I know because I directed a show out there a couple years ago).

I have done some theatre for pay, and it's a very nice feeling to get that paycheck, but I'm just glad to get back on the stage. I don't have many opportunities anymore.

TL

Heat can't win tonight. Pre-game announcers said no team has won 10 home playoff games in a row and Heat would set a record. Whenever they say that - no record.

They're looking pretty good right now... Though, if they go up 2-0 and then lose the next 4, that wold be pretty poetic...

Good morning.

Magnum PI - Ferrari
The car from Hardcsastle & McCormick
Any of the Transformers (cartoon was in the 80's)
Any of the cars from the Cannonball Run movies

The car from Hardcastle and McCormick is called a Coyote it is a kit car and is owned by someone in NJ also the original Batmobile is ownend by someone in the next town over from me, I have run across these cars over the years at car shows I was in:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter