The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I'm apparently a creature of habit. 2004 and 2005 same place and I saw that I'm wearing the same exact shorts and T-shirt. No, those aren't the only clothes I own, LOL!

I see nothing wrong here. I wear about 10 shirts over and over until they turn into cheese cloth. My wife REALLY enjoys the practice.

Wondering if anyone has a Weboost for their camper/rv. Does it work, your thoughts about it? Thought about getting one when/if we where in a bad cell area. I do have Verizon and ATT.

Wondering if anyone has a Weboost for their camper/rv. Does it work, your thoughts about it? Thought about getting one when/if we where in a bad cell area. I do have Verizon and ATT.

I have a weboost at the house for our internet (we use gotw3...modem that rides on ATT data). It absolutely works. Increased the bars on the modem from 1 bar to 4 bars. I'm a believer.

At least if you cannot get out there RVing, you found some way to destress and enjoy the outdoors.

We are getting ready for the next trip, off to stay at Camp Hatteras for a week. Hoping that while we hear it is busy at the RV campground that we can find some beach space away from others. We are taking our bikes and I know a good ride or two will happen, plus we plan to rent kayaks or canoes to paddle around some.

This past weekend was our oldest daughter's confirmation. There were 28 candidates for confirmation at our mass, and even that made the church feel really full. Afterwards was just a family BBQ, small and nice for everyone to enjoy.

Enjoying some Publix Blackjack Cherry yogurt in the ice cream container I brought home from The Plaza (Main Street) Ice Cream Parlor for Mickey's Kitchen Sink Sundae.

Bama Ed

I'm gonna cross-post this here in the Chit Chat thread and also will post it on the 2020 DISMeet thread.

My news is that I have retired as of last Friday from my employer after 32 years with the company. I got a nice announcement, should get to select a retirement gift and have a small dinner celebration. The timing was not of my choosing but don't cry for me - I will have retiree insurance, don't have to work, and am still planning to come to the October DISMeet (this thread has a slightly different audience). So be excited for me as I am (DW is sorta/kinda.... :confused3).

My decorations budget for my campsite will take a short term hit so I won't be decked out to the gills in our loop in October but will make the best with what I have.

I've already booked my anchor reservation for a trip out west (out past Texas that is) next summer so I will be hitting the road with the Aliner without regard to fitting into vacations days away from work. I'd also like to just "show up unannounced" at regional DISmeets that are springing up.

Cuz ya never know..... :scratchin

Have a drink on me! :drinking1

5 Bear Rug (2).jpg

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I'm gonna cross-post this here in the Chit Chat thread and also will post it on the 2020 DISMeet thread.

My news is that I have retired as of last Friday from my employer after 32 years with the company. I got a nice announcement, should get to select a retirement gift and have a small dinner celebration. The timing was not of my choosing but don't cry for me - I will have retiree insurance, don't have to work, and am still planning to come to the October DISMeet (this thread has a slightly different audience). So be excited for me as I am (DW is sorta/kinda.... :confused3).

My decorations budget for my campsite will take a short term hit so I won't be decked out to the gills in our loop in October but will make the best with what I have.

I've already booked my anchor reservation for a trip out west (out past Texas that is) next summer so I will be hitting the road with the Aliner without regard to fitting into vacations days away from work. I'd also like to just "show up unannounced" at regional DISmeets that are springing up.

Cuz ya never know..... :scratchin

Have a drink on me! :drinking1

View attachment 514528

Bama Ed
Unfortunately, I do feel for you bud. I feel retirement should be at your time, and not theres. But since there is nothing else to do about it, you have my congratulations. Make the most of it. :cheer2:

Retiree insurance is great, unfortunately not the way you wanted it, but hopefully you'll make the best of it.
So congrats and let's all share a drink in October. :drinking::thumbsup2

@bama_ed am still with the congratulations. You get to go camping whenever you like and take your time getting there. I am sure you will make the most of it. I am excited for you.

You get to go camping whenever you like and take your time getting there. I am sure you will make the most of it. I am excited for you.

I thought the same thing, Kris. I said to myself, "now I can camp at Gulf on a Monday-Friday and not worry about burning vacation days" (and avoid the busier weekend demand).

And, I no longer have to tow a long way every day (to reduce the number of days towing) so instead of a max of 600 miles or so a day I might cut that back to 400-450 especially when I head west next summer. Now I can say, "what's the rush"? :confused3

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter