The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Exciting news and I had to share. I got my acceptance into the Boston Marathon. I beat the cutoff by 54 seconds. Trust me I did not care how much i beat it by I just wanted in. I am so excited and getting over a cold at the moment so hoping this is the last time i am sick for another 8 months.

That is awesome.

Exciting news and I had to share. I got my acceptance into the Boston Marathon. I beat the cutoff by 54 seconds. Trust me I did not care how much i beat it by I just wanted in. I am so excited and getting over a cold at the moment so hoping this is the last time i am sick for another 8 months.

Cool! Glad to hear. Will be watching for you.

Thats awesome to get into the marathon!! I can bet youll do all you can to be ready for it.

I am only just trying to get back up to biking 15-20 miles regularly after my accident and foot surgery 2 years ago! I am getting there and it's feels great not to have sore muscles just from walking disney

Kris congrats on getting into Boston Marathon. If you see a guy that makes you think of Rocky Balboa say hi to my brother in law Jay that is how he tends to dress when he runs it

I remember back to my wedding. The actual event was ok, but all the work leading up to... not as much fun.

j

I can't hardly remember back that far, hummmm, 46 years ago on Sunday, wedding in Church, reception in the church basement, then on to honeymoon. Nothing fancy like they have now, also when we bought the wedding ring set, didn't have star diamond, moon diamond or anything different, you went into the jewerly store and looked at wedding sets with X amounts of carats. LOL

Congratulations Kris :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I remember back to my wedding. The actual event was ok, but all the work leading up to... not as much fun.

j

Hallmark Christmas wedding! Plus being small (75 or so) and intimate, I think the work will be worth the reward. Plus we are leaving it to our small wedding party and parents to take care of the clean up as we fly out the next day for a week stay at Wilderness Lodge!!!

It will be a help with melissa on break and I get much of the week off without taking vacation.

Oh wow!! Your pool & hot tub is beautiful. If you lived in Texas you could use it year round. We are having a cold front in a few days & our temp will drop to the low 90’s. Enjoy as long as you can. Is the pool heated?

The pool looks great.

Ours is done and warm (84)..First day we have been home when it was daylight. 90 degrees today. 90s the next 3 days, but then the bottom drops.

Had friends and neighbors over for a little break in party.

20190929_175300-1152x648.jpg

j

Last edited:
getting closer, waterfall and landscaping next. but it is fall and time for some CAMPING

View attachment 439881

View attachment 439882

team bradfield,

I like the look of that long, upper stone patio which is a step above the hot tub. That's the space for "entertaining". Nice design.

Jim, I'm glad you got the pool opened and used this season if only for a few days. I'd appreciate a full picture view of the finished product (the backyard and pool space) if you get a chance.

Bama Ed

They both look great! Enjoy them quick before old man winter shows up.

TeamBradford,

Is that stamped concrete or pavers/blocks? It looks great. We are still deciding what we will do to fill in between the concrete and retaining wall. I still have my composite deck boards from my old pool deck and was planning on putting it up around 2 sides. The elevation and retaining wall won't allow the big block deck like TeamBradford's.

Ed,

Here is a longer shot looking towards the house.
20190929_121605-1152x648.jpg

And one looking back out into the backyard.
20190929_121322-1008x567.jpg

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter