The Disney Grump is taking me on a DREAM vacation! TR Link, pg 30

Welcome home, Michelle! So glad you had a wonderful trip! I am really looking forward to your trip report on the cruise -- there have been noises coming from my spouse about wanting to do a cruise next year instead of a traditional park trip. :eek: He says it is because there is endless food. :laughing:

Congrats on the TA job! I think that will be very fun and interesting!

Hurray for getting a Facebook! I am so excited about that! :banana:

I think there is alot of truth to the fact that the travel industry is not what it once was. I really don't expect to make much this first year, but hopefully I'll start to build a good base and word of mouth will gain me more business. We'll see how it goes! Feel free to PM me if you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks so much for that offer! :flower3:

I'm sure you will get more business than what you think. You seem very outgoing and involved, so I'll bet you will be running into people at school meetings and ballgames on a regular basis who you could offer your services to. I've really thought about it a lot, and I agree with the agents that I have spoken to that the internet has taken away some of their business, but I think it is more about people not knowing that a TAs services are FREE to them. I end up helping people all the time with their Disney trips and it never fails that when I tell them, "Why don't you get a Disney TA to help you with all this, it's free!", they just look at me like I'm crazy! :laughing: I have to convince them that it REALLY is free! So I think if you can get the word out that it costs them nothing and takes all the stress off of them, then why wouldn't they want to go through you. But please keep us posted with how things are going for you! I really do wish you all the best! :thumbsup2

Welcome back! And congrats on the TA job. :goodvibes

Thanks!

WOW!! So much exciting news!! :yay:

A great trip, possibilities for Oct (couldn't help but notice that in your replies:rolleyes1), a TA role and now a FB page??? Yippee!!! :goodvibes

So glad you had such a fun trip. Can't wait to hear about whenever you are able to start.

How was the College of Knowledge? Did you find as an amateur Disney expert and DISer that you already knew a lot of the material?

I think you will like FB! :thumbsup2

Noticed that little October thing did you? :rolleyes: I even shopped resorts yesterday, nothing firm yet though. I'm not sure how big Don is on the idea of me going, but it really helped to have Anita be the one to ask him instead of me :lmao:

Yes, I found that already knew a lot of what the College of Knowledge taught. The most challenging for me were the parts that focused on marketing and sales techniques, because that stuff is all new to me. My degree is in accounting so I'm more used to making sure the debits and credits of a sale are recorded properly, not in making the actual sale itself!

Welcome home, Michelle! So glad you had a wonderful trip! I am really looking forward to your trip report on the cruise -- there have been noises coming from my spouse about wanting to do a cruise next year instead of a traditional park trip. :eek: He says it is because there is endless food. :laughing:

Congrats on the TA job! I think that will be very fun and interesting!

Hurray for getting a Facebook! I am so excited about that! :banana:

Jackie, you guys would LOVE a cruise, seriously - just do it!!!! And yeah, Charles won't go hungry :laughing:

Teacher, Teacher, Brook's not using her indoor voice. :upsidedow

:lmao:

Thanks so much for that offer! :flower3:

I'm sure you will get more business than what you think. You seem very outgoing and involved, so I'll bet you will be running into people at school meetings and ballgames on a regular basis who you could offer your services to. I've really thought about it a lot, and I agree with the agents that I have spoken to that the internet has taken away some of their business, but I think it is more about people not knowing that a TAs services are FREE to them. I end up helping people all the time with their Disney trips and it never fails that when I tell them, "Why don't you get a Disney TA to help you with all this, it's free!", they just look at me like I'm crazy! :laughing: I have to convince them that it REALLY is free! So I think if you can get the word out that it costs them nothing and takes all the stress off of them, then why wouldn't they want to go through you. But please keep us posted with how things are going for you! I really do wish you all the best! :thumbsup2

Yep, another valid point, many people do think you have to pay for a TA's services! A good one will help you with your itinerary, make ADRs for you, and be there for you should any problems arise during your trip, all for no charge.

Thanks for the well wishes, I hope it all works out well!

Michelle ~

I seriously apologize...I have been MIA from the DIS!!! :rolleyes1 However, with that said, school is out this week so I should be able to play catch up on your report and all of the other ones I'm reading! I CAN'T WAIT to hear about your cruise!!! :woohoo:

Michelle ~

I seriously apologize...I have been MIA from the DIS!!! :rolleyes1 However, with that said, school is out this week so I should be able to play catch up on your report and all of the other ones I'm reading!

You and whole bunch of other people. A lot of people are already traveling, and some are finishing up with school. I've been home all week with just odds & ends things to do, so I have had time to notice how many DIS friend have been MIA. I'm glad for the ones who are on their trips now, though, because they're sending back pictures for those of us waiting in the wings. :)

You and whole bunch of other people. A lot of people are already traveling, and some are finishing up with school. I've been home all week with just odds & ends things to do, so I have had time to notice how many DIS friend have been MIA. I'm glad for the ones who are on their trips now, though, because they're sending back pictures for those of us waiting in the wings. :)

I'm glad too...I SO need a DISNEY fix right now! :goodvibes

Welcome home Michelle!! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear all about your cruise and see all of your fantastic pictures!!
Woo hoo for the TA position!! And the FB page?!!! :faint: You are the last of the converts!!! Congratulations on holding out for so long but I am happy you will finally be joining the rest of us!! :hug:
Very interested about this October chatter ;)

Tracy

Welcome home Michelle!! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear all about your cruise and see all of your fantastic pictures!!
Woo hoo for the TA position!! And the FB page?!!! :faint: You are the last of the converts!!! Congratulations on holding out for so long but I am happy you will finally be joining the rest of us!! :hug:

Tracy

Ditto Michelle. The FB thing isn't so bad, although I have some personal friends (not DIS friends) who post when they sneeze. Crazy, because I really DON'T care!

Can't wait for the TR!

Welcome home Michelle!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Congrats on the TA job! I have people tell me all the time that I should do it. Maybe someday!

PM me when you set up your Facebook.:goodvibes

Okay, okay, no need to thank me on selling the whole cruise idea. I know I know I am being modest.... :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

Um ANYWAY, DID I SAY YOU WOULD HAVE AN AWESOME TIME OR DID I SAY YOU WOULD HAVE AN AWESOME TIME??!! I know your company had something to do with it, but I HOPE Don liked the Disney resort without the park, and enjoyed the ship!!! :yay: Because that means he could see himself doing it again, right??!!!

Well regarding the driving, we don't make it a vacation!!! We just get in the car stocked with movies and books on tape, and drive.... and drive and drive and drive and stop for gas, dinner..... b/c we are there the next morning. So that might make it different... of course you are coming a bit farther!!! and my kids are asleep by 9pm after a movie. So a road trip is a very different type of car vacation!!! But I would agree the driving (especially home) isn't as fun... at least it is closer for us.

HOWEVER, I bet you had an awesome time, and I can't wait to hear all about it!!! we leave in 9 days!!! GASP! I am not packing b.c the suitcases would imply we are going somewhere and it is a surprise... so I am going to be a frantic mess next week!!! :laughing:

FB! You better friend me!!!! :laughing: SO COOL on the TA bit! Matt tells me I need to do this b/c I need to put all my Disney fanaticism to good use!!! :laughing: He actually is working on writing some articles, he does publish work on other topics, but he has been collecting data for a series he has pitched about Disney. There is such a glut of travel info and such out there so he is working on a pitch that take a different spin on it all. We'll see. BUT research is research, and darn if we have to make a few trips to Disney this year... :rolleyes1 OCTOBER looks great... I agree... :thumbsup2

Send me a buzz when you get this TR started!!!

Welcome Home! Can't wait to read all about it. Hurray for ur new TA job. I bet you woll like FB :)

Okay I feel sort of dumb but I just noticed you had the PTR going and you're already back!!! I knew you had a trip from your comments on others' threads but somehow I never made it over! Anyway, I read all your links!
Thanks for those!
I'm glad you had a good trip and I will sub to the TR. I'll also be ping you about Facebook. Please be my friend!
Congrats on the TA job! I have considered that as a career change! I am also one of those people who has been basically doing that job for free for friends!

Michelle ~

I seriously apologize...I have been MIA from the DIS!!! :rolleyes1 However, with that said, school is out this week so I should be able to play catch up on your report and all of the other ones I'm reading! I CAN'T WAIT to hear about your cruise!!! :woohoo:

No worries Lynne! Life happens :thumbsup2

Yep, it's a busy time of year for alot of people, heck with my two trips and the end of school, I haven't had near the time on here that I would like!

Your trip is just around the corner too, then you'll be the one sending back pics for us :thumbsup2

I'm glad too...I SO need a DISNEY fix right now! :goodvibes

I need a Disney fix, and I just got back :lmao:

Tracy

You know, you might be right, I was the lone hold out for FB :laughing:

October, hmmmm, it is very tempting......I need a roomie though.......
I asked Mom if she was interested in going again and she is, but that is not a good time for her. She and my stepdad are going away the beginning of October for their anniversary and she can't take off work again that soon :sad2: I may be able to talk a girlfriend of mine into going, but she doesn't 'get' Disney so I'm not sure.....

Ditto Michelle. The FB thing isn't so bad, although I have some personal friends (not DIS friends) who post when they sneeze. Crazy, because I really DON'T care!

Can't wait for the TR!

Well, you won't see me posting my every move, I can promise you that :laughing:

Welcome home Michelle!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Congrats on the TA job! I have people tell me all the time that I should do it. Maybe someday!

PM me when you set up your Facebook.:goodvibes

Thanks Stacy, I'm excited about the TA thing, ready to get moving with it, I just need to finish up a few things that I hope to get done today, and oh yeah, I need to find some clients :laughing:

Okay, okay, no need to thank me on selling the whole cruise idea. I know I know I am being modest.... :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

Um ANYWAY, DID I SAY YOU WOULD HAVE AN AWESOME TIME OR DID I SAY YOU WOULD HAVE AN AWESOME TIME??!! I know your company had something to do with it, but I HOPE Don liked the Disney resort without the park, and enjoyed the ship!!! :yay: Because that means he could see himself doing it again, right??!!!

Well regarding the driving, we don't make it a vacation!!! We just get in the car stocked with movies and books on tape, and drive.... and drive and drive and drive and stop for gas, dinner..... b/c we are there the next morning. So that might make it different... of course you are coming a bit farther!!! and my kids are asleep by 9pm after a movie. So a road trip is a very different type of car vacation!!! But I would agree the driving (especially home) isn't as fun... at least it is closer for us.

HOWEVER, I bet you had an awesome time, and I can't wait to hear all about it!!! we leave in 9 days!!! GASP! I am not packing b.c the suitcases would imply we are going somewhere and it is a surprise... so I am going to be a frantic mess next week!!! :laughing:

FB! You better friend me!!!! :laughing: SO COOL on the TA bit! Matt tells me I need to do this b/c I need to put all my Disney fanaticism to good use!!! :laughing: He actually is working on writing some articles, he does publish work on other topics, but he has been collecting data for a series he has pitched about Disney. There is such a glut of travel info and such out there so he is working on a pitch that take a different spin on it all. We'll see. BUT research is research, and darn if we have to make a few trips to Disney this year... :rolleyes1 OCTOBER looks great... I agree... :thumbsup2

Send me a buzz when you get this TR started!!!

You were sooooo right on the cruise, I want to go again NOW! Don did enjoy Disney without the parks and he loved the cruise as well, I've heard telling several people since we got back what a great time he had :thumbsup2

How long is your drive to Orlando, I can't remember, ours is about 21 hours with stops - that's a long time in the car, it sucked, I'm not anxious to do that again!

Boy that would be just awful for you if you had to travel to Disney this year for Matt's research ;)

Welcome Home! Can't wait to read all about it. Hurray for ur new TA job. I bet you woll like FB :)

Thanks Mary! I'm looking forward to the new challenge

Okay I feel sort of dumb but I just noticed you had the PTR going and you're already back!!! I knew you had a trip from your comments on others' threads but somehow I never made it over! Anyway, I read all your links!
Thanks for those!
I'm glad you had a good trip and I will sub to the TR. I'll also be ping you about Facebook. Please be my friend!
Congrats on the TA job! I have considered that as a career change! I am also one of those people who has been basically doing that job for free for friends!

No worries Sheree, I'll 'see' links to peoples TRs in their siggy's all the time and it doesn't click in my brain :laughing: Glad you are here now, I hope to get the TR started in the next couple of days.

I'll PM you my FB info :thumbsup2

Michelle!! I was soooo excited when you friended me on Facebook!! YAY!! Now you know why I'm not on the DIS as much anymore--being a TA is very time consuming as you will soon find out!! You will do a great job and it is sooo much FUN!! Congrats again!! Please let me know when you start your TR--I'd love to read along!! :goodvibes

Hey Michelle...with all the facebook talk if you want another Disney friend my link is in my signature. Feel free to add me. :)

Michelle!! I was soooo excited when you friended me on Facebook!! YAY!! Now you know why I'm not on the DIS as much anymore--being a TA is very time consuming as you will soon find out!! You will do a great job and it is sooo much FUN!! Congrats again!! Please let me know when you start your TR--I'd love to read along!! :goodvibes

Hey Becky! I'm glad I found you on FB too, I've missed you! I totally understand why you haven't been on here though, you are a very busy lady! I hope (fingers crossed) to get the TR started today :thumbsup2

Hey Michelle...with all the facebook talk if you want another Disney friend my link is in my signature. Feel free to add me. :)

Sent you a request!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter