The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Part 2 Advice needed-

Have you ever tried DL Hotel Club Level?

We’ve never tried any Club Level before. This is booked for 3 nights and sounds fantastic! We also have the option of using our DVC points instead. One is in the original Disneyland Hotel with access to E-Ticket Lounge, the other is about $2k less in the DVC villas that just opened. If it was your only trip to DL would you stick with Club Level?

Thanks again Disneylanders :smickey:

Part 2 Advice needed-

Have you ever tried DL Hotel Club Level?

We’ve never tried any Club Level before. This is booked for 3 nights and sounds fantastic! We also have the option of using our DVC points instead. One is in the original Disneyland Hotel with access to E-Ticket Lounge, the other is about $2k less in the DVC villas that just opened. If it was your only trip to DL would you stick with Club Level?

Thanks again Disneylanders :smickey:
I have stayed Club Level at DLH a few times. We tend to do it when there is a special. I really enjoy the convenience of it. It’s nice to grab a quick breakfast and mimosa in the morning and still make it to the park for early entry. I also enjoy watching the fireworks from the lounge. That said the offerings are simple and if there was a large price difference I wouldn’t do it. Whatever you decide you will have a great trip! Disneyland has its own charm and magic.

I have stayed Club Level at DLH a few times. We tend to do it when there is a special. I really enjoy the convenience of it. It’s nice to grab a quick breakfast and mimosa in the morning and still make it to the park for early entry. I also enjoy watching the fireworks from the lounge. That said the offerings are simple and if there was a large price difference I wouldn’t do it. Whatever you decide you will have a great trip! Disneyland has its own charm and magic.
Thank you. Breakfast is very convenient and a mimosa would be a great start to the day! Good to know that’s available. DH is a ‘live the fullest while you can’ and I love that, just the cost difference is pretty big. Only one night has fireworks during our visit and we’ll likely be in the park. So excited to actually see Disneyland and where it started.

Thank you. Breakfast is very convenient and a mimosa would be a great start to the day! Good to know that’s available. DH is a ‘live the fullest while you can’ and I love that, just the cost difference is pretty big. Only one night has fireworks during our visit and we’ll likely be in the park. So excited to actually see Disneyland and where it started.
We were actually debating a club stay vs one in the new DVC rooms. Ultimately, and we decided that with our park touring style, that we would prefer the experience of the newer room vs the club. I was just envisioning myself thinking more about taking advantage of club offerings and having that impact my time in the park. If you are going to take a more relaxed approach though, I could see the club level being really nice to have a dedicated place to relax with snacks and drinks.

Advice needed.

We’ve never been to Disneyland. Yesterday DH surprised me with a trip this month for my birthday! Awesome :goodvibes

It’s a 4 day visit over Halloween (4 day hopper with Genie+, staying at DL Hotel). Should be enough time to explore all but I really know nothing about DL (unlike WDW). I avoided paying close attention because it always felt like a pipe dream. Generally we know about DL rides. We know very little about shows, parades and stuff like that. Pretty much clueless on logistics and food options.

What’s your favorite DL planning resource? Any that stay up to date on seasonal changes?

It’s exciting to be a newbie. Might never make it back so maybe best not be unprepared? I noticed Guardians changes to a monster theme later in the day. What are some important details and points of interest first-timers might miss?

Thanks for any and all help. Much appreciated!
My favorite planning resource is Disneyland Daily: https://disneylanddaily.com/
She has a lot of sample touring plans that offer good advice (based on your group).

Being in Walt's park is just amazing. You can almost feel him there. Take time to immerse yourself in the details and don't miss the classic Fantasyland dark rides!

I was just envisioning myself thinking more about taking advantage of club offerings and having that impact my time in the park.
Yes most of our time will be in the parks, basically 3 and a half days.

The new DVC rooms look awesome. All we know of the hotel side is the classic Disneyland feel. I don’t want to seem ungrateful but if we’re only using the lounge once a day, I can’t help noticing the much higher $2k cost. We’ll likely try unique park dining where possible.

My favorite planning resource is Disneyland Daily: https://disneylanddaily.com/
She has a lot of sample touring plans that offer good advice (based on your group).

Being in Walt's park is just amazing. You can almost feel him there. Take time to immerse yourself in the details and don't miss the classic Fantasyland dark rides!
That’s great! Thank you. Just what I was looking for with different touring strategies. We can’t wait to try the unique rides like Mr Toad, Snow white and Alice.

Advice needed.

We’ve never been to Disneyland. Yesterday DH surprised me with a trip this month for my birthday! Awesome :goodvibes

It’s a 4 day visit over Halloween (4 day hopper with Genie+, staying at DL Hotel). Should be enough time to explore all but I really know nothing about DL (unlike WDW). I avoided paying close attention because it always felt like a pipe dream. Generally we know about DL rides. We know very little about shows, parades and stuff like that. Pretty much clueless on logistics and food options.

What’s your favorite DL planning resource? Any that stay up to date on seasonal changes?

It’s exciting to be a newbie. Might never make it back so maybe best not be unprepared? I noticed Guardians changes to a monster theme later in the day. What are some important details and points of interest first-timers might miss?

Thanks for any and all help. Much appreciated!
4 days is more then enough to do everything (that is open) so I wouldn't even worry about missing anything. Fireworks are only on weekends.

Logistics is just going to be you walking to wherever you want to go. The monorail is fun to take it there and back. I recommend back if you are rope dropping since you are staying on site so you can get in and closer to the front walking from the park.

I don't like the cop out of "one of the best" so here goes:

Cars land is the best Disney themed land and must be experienced during the day and evening (and if its rainy and dark its the best).

The churro cart at turn into Grizzly peak from Buena Vista is the best.

Corn dog from the Red Wagon is the best.

You are staying at DLH, the best hotel imho and you will have the best time. Walt's ghost guarantees it! You must check out the big thunder railroad model in Frontier Tower.

Restaurants you would want to try for reservations at the Blue Bayou and Napa Rose as those are hard to get (and are the best).

Have a great trip! I can almost guarantee I can guess what souvenir you will be coming back with: VDH

Club level is really not worth it, breakfast and snacks at Tangoroa Terrace is better.

Last edited:
4 days is more then enough to do everything (that is open) so I wouldn't even worry about missing anything. Fireworks are only on weekends.

Logistics is just going to be you walking to wherever you want to go. The monorail is fun to take it there and back. I recommend back if you are rope dropping since you are staying on site so you can get in and closer to the front walking from the park.

I don't like the cop out of "one of the best" so here goes:

Cars land is the best Disney themed land and must be experienced during the day and evening (and if its rainy and dark its the best).

The churro cart at turn into Grizzly peak from Buena Vista is the best.

Corn dog from the Red Wagon is the best.

You are staying at DLH, the best hotel imho and you will have the best time. Walt's ghost guarantees it! You must check out the big thunder railroad model in Frontier Tower.

Restaurants you would want to try for reservations at the Blue Bayou and Napa Rose as those are hard to get (and are the best).

Have a great trip! I can almost guarantee I can guess what souvenir you will be coming back with: VDH

Club level is really not worth it, breakfast and snacks at Tangoroa Terrace is better.
Thank you so much :) I’m taking notes! Every thing here went on our list. Just the kind of things we can’t wait to try.

It’s so funny - we just received a DVC mailing with QR code for $3k magic beginnings at VDH. Not sure we’ll be able to resist. This might go from surprise short trip to Welcome Home by Day 2 lol. I’m trying to hold out for Poly2 but have the feeling we’re gonna fall in love with Disneyland.

This video has a clear view of the DLH hat post-renovation (around the 0:45 mark). Looks like nothing's changed beyond a paint job and updated colors:

I didn't even think to check Youtube! Thank you. I watched a few others and see that Tinkerbell is no longer on the hat. :tink:

Thank you so much :) I’m taking notes! Every thing here went on our list. Just the kind of things we can’t wait to try.

It’s so funny - we just received a DVC mailing with QR code for $3k magic beginnings at VDH. Not sure we’ll be able to resist. This might go from surprise short trip to Welcome Home by Day 2 lol. I’m trying to hold out for Poly2 but have the feeling we’re gonna fall in love with Disneyland.

Me too! Also trying to hold off to see Poly 2 but the branding is too much, its DLH! Walt's hotel (I know it's not but isn't? lol). Magical beginnings might be good finanically, but nothing magical about one less year of going to Disney imho. We have a year to decide (and save) to get the full 50 years so be strong! And let's be honest, we getting both VDH and Poly2, the question is how many points each...lol.

If you are a night park person, make sure you leave a bit early and stop by Trader Sams on the way back and pick up a drink/snack to either enjoy there or take back to your room, that feeling is absolutely magical.

Go into the GCH from the DCA side and finding a seat or a desk upstairs to rest (and buy GCH souvenirs).

DVC lounge in Tomorrow land I am sure you aware, rest there.

For me (and I have small kids, so take it as you will), I will do early admission around the alice, tea cup area (Walt rode in those!). You have about an half an hour to do those rides and maybe get a snack. You want to keep an eye on Toontown and see how the crowd is building up there. Close to park opening you should make your way and the cast members manning the ropes will tell you if Runaway is running, if not, you can do the Small World and see if is fixed. If you want to meet Mickey at his house, the line is deceptive. It snakes very deep so if you go into the house and you are in the actual "house" part you looking at still at a 30-45 min wait.

If the park is getting crowded and hot, get a snack and go over to Tom Sawyer Island, there are picnic tables and shade over there.

At night, take the Trolley "tour" at DCA, its both funny and rare (most people never do it. I am a life long Disneyland fan and only did it as an adult).

If you are a night park person, make sure you leave a bit early and stop by Trader Sams on the way back and pick up a drink/snack to either enjoy there or take back to your room, that feeling is absolutely magical.

Go into the GCH from the DCA side and finding a seat or a desk upstairs to rest (and buy GCH souvenirs).

DVC lounge in Tomorrow land I am sure you aware, rest there.

For me (and I have small kids, so take it as you will), I will do early admission around the alice, tea cup area (Walt rode in those!). You have about an half an hour to do those rides and maybe get a snack. You want to keep an eye on Toontown and see how the crowd is building up there. Close to park opening you should make your way and the cast members manning the ropes will tell you if Runaway is running, if not, you can do the Small World and see if is fixed. If you want to meet Mickey at his house, the line is deceptive. It snakes very deep so if you go into the house and you are in the actual "house" part you looking at still at a 30-45 min wait.

If the park is getting crowded and hot, get a snack and go over to Tom Sawyer Island, there are picnic tables and shade over there.

At night, take the Trolley "tour" at DCA, its both funny and rare (most people never do it. I am a life long Disneyland fan and only did it as an adult).
This is great! All of it's going in to the itinerary. DH is going to love the Trolley.

I don't know if this is still allowed, but 2 years ago we were able to order (alcohol) drinks from Trader Sam's from the phone in our room and go pick them up (they're in plastic cups). That was really handy. I ran down and grabbed the drinks and my daughter, 4-year-old grandson, and I watched the fireworks from our hotel room. I've never heard anyone else having been able to do this but maybe they just don't advertise it. I just called down and asked.

Do we have access to any of the special entrances (Grand or the new one behind the corn dog place)? Would they even be worth it or is through Downtown Disney still the best bet? Also, are there special security lines/entrance gates specifically for EE instead of being stuck in line with everyone going for rope drop? Are those usually at a particular side? So many questions but feeling very unprepared!

Do we have access to any of the special entrances (Grand or the new one behind the corn dog place)? Would they even be worth it or is through Downtown Disney still the best bet? Also, are there special security lines/entrance gates specifically for EE instead of being stuck in line with everyone going for rope drop? Are those usually at a particular side? So many questions but feeling very unprepared!
Both entrances say “Disneyland Resort Guest Key” required. My stay at the DLH (standard room) worked both with PP and Grand entrance, including my day of check out (I was told up till midnight).

The PP entrance works great for *leaving* the park. It might work great for getting in and quickly buying a ILL or using G+, but I didn’t find it helpful getting to stuff, it’s ultimate the same distance and I would rather walk through the Grand and soak it in.

There are not any special security lines or entrances for EE. Everyone is let in, then at DLR EE guests are directed toward the Tomorrowland side of the hub and admitted they’re into Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. Or at DCA allowed past the CMs to the open areas.

There are not any special security lines or entrances for EE. Everyone is let in, then at DLR EE guests are directed toward the Tomorrowland side of the hub and admitted they’re into Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. Or at DCA allowed past the CMs to the open areas.
The PP entrance is kind of like a special EE entrance for DLR guests since you can only access it if you are a DLR guest. Same with the monorail entrance before the park is open. They will only let DLR guests through from 7:30-8am. But that entrance is kind of a waste of EE. I wish they would bring back the EE entrances at the main gates, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter