The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Has anyone recently used the service where your park purchases are sent directly to your Disneyland Hotel room, so you don't need to lug around stuff with you all day? I've never used this service, and I'm not quite sure how it works. We may do a fair amount of shopping (both snacks and merch) during our upcoming April trip, and I may want to take advantage of having our purchases sent directly to the Disneyland Hotel.

When the items arrive at the hotel- is it like within 12 hours of purchase? Do the items go to the front desk for you to pick up later, or are they sent directly to your room somehow? Thanks!

I tried to use this in December when we went. It was at the clothing store inside Disneyland right near the entrance on the right facing down Main Street. They said they couldn't do it. When I said I was surprised they said hey get that a lot. The fine print reads "select stores" and Disney decided they are not one of the stores.

I tried to use this in December when we went. It was at the clothing store inside Disneyland right near the entrance on the right facing down Main Street. They said they couldn't do it. When I said I was surprised they said hey get that a lot. The fine print reads "select stores" and Disney decided they are not one of the stores.
Okay, thanks for your feedback. I think that we may opt out of the package delivery service since another poster said it takes until the next day (!!) to receive the items in the gift shop at the Disneyland Hotel. We'll just slug our purchases back to our room ourselves.

Okay, thanks for your feedback. I think that we may opt out of the package delivery service since another poster said it takes until the next day (!!) to receive the items in the gift shop at the Disneyland Hotel. We'll just slug our purchases back to our room ourselves.

I was the one who said it was a next day delivery and as far as I remember, this is how it has always been even pre-Covid. I don't think they ever had same-day delivery but I might not be remembering correctly...I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong!

If glass showers are important to you, the ratio at the DVC tower is in your favor — most of the non-accessibility rooms are overwhelmingly shower/no tub.
We don't need a glass shower just wondering if there were any at the DLH. Don't want to stay at the DVC.

What is the condition of the rooms in the hotel? They look fine in videos. We are booked at GCH where we stayed last year, but could save a lot of money if we switched to DLH.

I haven’t been tracking DLH, but may do a last minute stay there Apr 4-7. Is there still pool/slide construction? Internet search shows it is scheduled to end March 31.

With early entry now back to alternating parks, what are folks strategy for getting to the main gates? What time are people lining up at the DLH/DTD security gates now?

We were spoiled our last few trips staying at the GCH so I forget what the process is for DLH 😄
I’m curious as well. Will be there in a few weeks, our last trip in early Jan they hadn’t made the change yet.

I’m curious as well. Will be there in a few weeks, our last trip in early Jan they hadn’t made the change yet.
We were getting to security about 6:15-6:30am for 7:30am early entry at the DLH entrance. We were usually 2-4 families back. This was Saturday, 3/9, to Tuesday, 3/12. They were letting us through security about 7am. Non-early entry was let in just a little after us, maybe, but they were held inside the park.

We were getting to security about 6:15-6:30am for 7:30am early entry at the DLH entrance. We were usually 2-4 families back. This was Saturday, 3/9, to Tuesday, 3/12. They were letting us through security about 7am. Non-early entry was let in just a little after us, maybe, but they were held inside the park.
Thanks! How were the crowds in the parts for early entry, since they're now funneling everyone into one park instead of two? We used to be able to do Guardians, Incredicoaster and Midway all on early entry previously, wonder if that's still possible.

First timer to DL...staying at DLH in less than two weeks...is the security you are referring to just outside of the hotel? So, before you walk into Downtown Disney?

Thanks! How were the crowds in the parts for early entry, since they're now funneling everyone into one park instead of two? We used to be able to do Guardians, Incredicoaster and Midway all on early entry previously, wonder if that's still possible.

Our first day at DCA, we did Guardians and Webslingers twice, but I think the park had opened just when we got into Webslingers the 2nd time. Incredicoaster is down for refurbishment. Toy Story was broken off and on. It’s only 30 minutes vs an hour, so you won’t get as much done. The 2nd DCA day was busier, so I think we only did each once.

First timer to DL...staying at DLH in less than two weeks...is the security you are referring to just outside of the hotel? So, before you walk into Downtown Disney?

Across a closed off street is the security. It’s outside Downtown Disney, so that all of the parks and Downtown Disney are in the security bubble. I think only Disneyland Hotel uses this entrance.

Here now - they have the the 2 main pools open plus the DVC pool and hot tub open . The other closure besides the slides , is they have the other hot tub by the slides closed . The main hot tub was packed ! Pools were moderately crowded , but ok . Not sure what kind of refurb they are doing on the slides , but they are gone ! They completely took down the slides , and all that remains is the stairs . Last time we were here during a slide refurb , I do not remember seeing the slides completely removed ? Will monitor this week .......
How was it finding seating at the pool given that all that seating by the slides must be closed? When I was there last summer all the seating at the entire pool deck was full and people were waiting in a line (obviously it was hotter and better pool weather). Also, did they offer the pool at the Grand CA to use? I just read on the plan Disney site that it's an option but haven't heard anyone say they actually did this.

How was it finding seating at the pool given that all that seating by the slides must be closed? When I was there last summer all the seating at the entire pool deck was full and people were waiting in a line (obviously it was hotter and better pool weather). Also, did they offer the pool at the Grand CA to use? I just read on the plan Disney site that it's an option but haven't heard anyone say they actually did this.
It was cold this week. I hardly ever saw many in the pool or loungers. Plus, there’s the new DVC pool, which was barely used. Warmer weather may be different.

We just got back today. We were at the pool Friday morning around 11. No trouble getting chairs. It was the perfect temp but when we left it got chilly. If you did later afternoon I could see that it would be busy.

When the monorail slides are open in general, do they tend to close earlier in the evening than the rest of the pool? We're going this summer and my kids are water-slide crazy and are going to want to do those slides on check-in day. If they close early, we'll make a trip to the pool the first thing we do after getting in the room.

When the monorail slides are open in general, do they tend to close earlier in the evening than the rest of the pool? We're going this summer and my kids are water-slide crazy and are going to want to do those slides on check-in day. If they close early, we'll make a trip to the pool the first thing we do after getting in the room.
I believe they subject to change, I would call ahead, or maybe someone who is there now could tell you. When we were there in Nov it was 8pm for the pools (not sure about the slides). It was too cold in Jan when we went for me to even notice!

We arrive next week! I called today to link my reservation with my sister’s and to request Fantasy tower. When I asked if it’s better to check in via the app or in person he said it didn’t matter. I see that we can check in starting 5 days before our trip. Any tips on check in strategy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter