The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

I can only tell you my impression from DD trying the Tiki dress on 2 weeks ago at DLR, but I believe it runs very small in the chest and is more of a junior size.
Thank you this is very helpful!

Not that I love the idea of not buying directly through Disney, but there is an eBay user "disneyworldpinmagic" that is selling the dresses the closest to retail that I've seen of the postings. For example, they were selling a Tower of Terror dress for 135 whereas many sellers are selling it for $180+ If you can't make it down to the parks and you want to grab one this may be the best option. They have quite a few of the Tiki dress last I saw.

I finally caved and bought a tiki dress on ebay. I've become obsessed with having one and I figure the odds of them having any in stock when I go in September are pretty slim. I found there are more ebay sellers now with reasonable prices - I paid $150 (including shipping) for my tiki dress. If I bought it in store, it would be $125 after tax so that's really not too bad.

@FoxC63 - I know you are looking for sizing info. The listing for my tiki dress (size XL) said the following: Armpit to armpit 19.75" with some extra stretch in the cups, Waist 17.75"

I usually wear a size 14 in a dress (sometimes a 12, sometimes a 16 - women's sizing is so inconsistent!) and I figure this should fit me perfectly.

DO they sell shoes too?
I didn't notice shoes but they have various accessories themed to the different styles

Splurged and got orange bird today I may get another one or one of the her universe ones previewed at d23 if comparable in size and price if they are available come fall

I am prepared that my bank account will be drained when the Her Universe line comes out, especially the haunted mansion dress with the dancing ghosts from the ballroom. I am so glad Disney is doing this!

I finally caved and bought a tiki dress on ebay. I've become obsessed with having one and I figure the odds of them having any in stock when I go in September are pretty slim. I found there are more ebay sellers now with reasonable prices - I paid $150 (including shipping) for my tiki dress. If I bought it in store, it would be $125 after tax so that's really not too bad.

@FoxC63 - I know you are looking for sizing info. The listing for my tiki dress (size XL) said the following: Armpit to armpit 19.75" with some extra stretch in the cups, Waist 17.75"

I usually wear a size 14 in a dress (sometimes a 12, sometimes a 16 - women's sizing is so inconsistent!) and I figure this should fit me perfectly.
I caved too! I bought the Tower of Terror dress; I am not going until December and I know there will be the new Her Universe line at that time, so I was worried the first group of dresses would be phased out.

Also, I know this is for the shop at Disney Springs, but the Disney Vault at Downtown Disney (CA) also has the newer dresses in stock! So cute and I almost bought them all-except I don't wear dresses, like ever!

Also, I know this is for the shop at Disney Springs, but the Disney Vault at Downtown Disney (CA) also has the newer dresses in stock! So cute and I almost bought them all-except I don't wear dresses, like ever!
What are the newer dresses themed after?

I am prepared that my bank account will be drained when the Her Universe line comes out, especially the haunted mansion dress with the dancing ghosts from the ballroom. I am so glad Disney is doing this!

huh? New designs? what? Where?

What are the newer dresses themed after?
Sorry, I meant the ones that were just restocked. They've had the minnie dress, haunted mansion in stock for a while. When I was there on Saturday they also had the cinderella, snow white (red apple), belle (blue with print on the bottom), tea party, orange bird, and I think a few others.

Sorry, I meant the ones that were just restocked. They've had the minnie dress, haunted mansion in stock for a while. When I was there on Saturday they also had the cinderella, snow white (red apple), belle (blue with print on the bottom), tea party, orange bird, and I think a few others.
I haven't seen the Cinderella dress yet, but I bet it is gorgeous like the others!

Cinderella was new with the rerelease of the others the her universe wave will most likely be next reset

I caved too! I bought the Tower of Terror dress; I am not going until December and I know there will be the new Her Universe line at that time, so I was worried the first group of dresses would be phased out.
I thought the same. I'm super excited for the new designs but would like to see the existing batch stick around for awhile too. The Tower of Terror dress is fabulous (and it's pretty much the best ride ever) so good choice. :thumbsup2

Thank you for the measurements. I wish I could try before I buy, if something fits tight I can't make it bigger but if the fit is large I can at least make it smaller. Oh boy, there are a few dresses I would love to buy but we won't be there until the last week of October :sad1:

Have fun with your dress and I hope it fits you perfectly! Post a pic if you can!

In earnest it's about time Disney came out with exceptional pieces for women! I really like the designs and several of their fabric choices. The accessories are wonderful too. Just wish they would make them accessible online!

Last edited:
Wow. Those dresses and accessories are so cute. It makes me want to go buy one and then plan a trip to Disneyland during Dapper Days. I know they do Dapper Days at WDW too, but it seems to be a bigger deal with a higher percentage of participants really getting into it at Disneyland. / This shop, though, could help WDW compliance.

Last edited:
Thank you for the measurements. I wish I could try before I buy, if something fits tight I can't make it bigger but if the fit is large I can at least make it smaller. Oh boy, there are a few dresses I would love to buy but we won't be there until the last week of October :sad1:

Have fun with your dress and I hope it fits you perfectly! Post a pic if you can!
Even with measurements, it's so hard to know until you actually try something on. I hope they'll have stock when you go in October and you'll find something fabulous!

I got my dress today and it's everything I hoped it would be.

dy9kLtM.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter