The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

Ooh.. a skit would be gorgeous, I never thought of that. I appreciate your suggestions. Pardon my sewing ignorance But are the princess seems the ones on the sides? I did look to see if I could tell how easy of difficult it would be to take a little off each side of the waist part, as some who has no idea about this stuff it doesn’t look too hard.

Famous last words right 😊

I think I will get a price on altering it a bit and see what they say. I used a place last year to hem my daughters prom dress and if I remember correctly it was fairly reasonable. Thank for all your help. Yo are very sweet.

The princess seams are on the front and back.

The alterations you need go from the Underbust/Midfrif down to the waist, on the side seams AND on the back princess seams.

You should read this post, includes photos
Fitting a Princess Seam Bodice Dress
Link: https://www.minervacrafts.com/blog/...itting-a-princess-seam-bodice-dress--part-one

Last edited:
Haha. I know it wouldn’t be altered from the back, it was just the best way for me to make it smaller with 1 hand and still be able to take the picture.
My thought and I could be totally wrong would be to cut both of the sides and take a little off each so the castle is still centered.

Take in a little from all the seams, front PS, side seam and back PS. This will keep the dress balanced as well as the motif centered.

Last edited:
The princess seams are on the front.
View attachment 408857

View attachment 408858

The alterations you need go from the Underbust/Midfrif to the waist, on the side seams AND on the back princess seams.
View attachment 408859

You should read this post, includes photos
Fitting a Princess Seam Bodice Dress
Link: https://www.minervacrafts.com/blog/...itting-a-princess-seam-bodice-dress--part-one
Thank you!! Ya. I was very wrong. That’s a lot more work than I thought It would be.
I will still get s price on fixing it but my guess is it is going to be very expensive. We aren’t going on our next Disney trip until the end of August so I have some time to decide. Thanks again for all
Your help.

You just made me realize I did not post photos of my finished dress form. I made two.

#1 / #2

#1: I followed directions when sewing the body.
#2: I opted to sew the princess seams front & back as flat fell, notice how they rise up? This is so I can feel them while draping fabric. The side seams were whipped stitched.

The Arm pattern is from the same company. Instead of pinning it to the shoulder when in use, I added magnets not found at craft stores!

FYI - There two types of Princess Seams. ;)

You just made me realize I did not post photos of my finished dress form. I made two.

#1 / #2
View attachment 408865

#1: I followed directions when sewing the body.
#2: I opted to sew the princess seams front & back as flat fell, notice how they rise up? This is so I can feel them while draping fabric. The side seams were whipped stitched.

The Arm pattern is from the same company. Instead of pinning it to the shoulder when in use, I added magnets not found at craft stores!

FYI - There two types of Princess Seams. ;)
Oh my gosh. You are so talented!! I am so jealous.
If you lived in my area, I would totally pay you to fix my dress😂

The Trader Sam's Surplice Sundress I plan on making into a two piece outfit..

I removed the single stitch and elastic from the top.

The skirt will have to be reworked. I plan on adding a thin waistband and a front button closure. In fact, I've already purchased a new top!
Madewell Texture & Thread Knit Wrap-Tie Top, Color: Tungsten Glow.
How cute is this?!
::yes::

Last edited:
This is my absolute favorite dress, Snow White Apple Dress! I love the print and how the dwarfs look like bites taken from the apple. Very smart!

I bought this originally in Small and it fit but I didn't like the elastic inserts, at all.

This dress has me stumped! It will be a two piece as well but I'm not sure how I want to design the skirt.

Both dresses are Plus3x so I have a lot of fabric to play with.

Disney Parks "The Dress Shop" Zippered Dress Cover

View attachment 408998

Has anyone purchased this or seen it? Please post your photos and review!

The dresses all used to come in these, even online purchases. Now I think only in-store purchases come in them.

Add I'm pretty sure I've replaced all of mine with longer garment bags so the dresses could fully hang. (I say this because I know I have a storage container with several folded up in it.

Last edited:
Disney Parks "The Dress Shop" Zippered Dress Cover

View attachment 408998

Has anyone purchased this or seen it? Please post your photos and review!
When I got my White Orange Bird dress in 2017 it came in this (Disney Springs in store purchase) when I got my Tea Cup Skirt a few months later and my Sally Dress there in 2018 it was just put in a regular bag

The dresses all used to come in these, even online purchases. Now I think only in-store purchases come in them.

Add I'm pretty sure I've replaced all of mine with longer garment bags so the dresses could fully hang. (I say this because I know I have a storage container with several folded up in it.
When I got my White Orange Bird dress in 2017 it came in this (Disney Springs in store purchase) when I got my Tea Cup Skirt a few months later and my Sally Dress there in 2018 it was just put in a regular bag

I've never received this bag for any of my dresses. Nope! And I've been here since the beginning; Tiki dress, Original HM & Orange Bird dress and Snow White Apple dress. I also own Her Universe HM Ballroom, Mickey Sketch, Trader Sam's and Mickey Through the Years dress. Eight dresses purchased and no bag!

I was afraid that would be the answer hahaha. Thanks for the heads up. Oh well my birthday IS coming up....:P

Looks like they are currently sold out. If you really want it you'll have to keep an eye out for them. Good luck! :cat:

EDIT: Back in stock! Go, Go, GO!!!

Last edited:
Disney Cats Collection by Dooney and Bourke

There are 4 silhouettes in this collection. There is a tote bag, a satchel, and a crossbody. There is also an AP exclusive mini dome bag.

Large tote features a magnetic closure, not a zipper. $268

Satchel Features an outside pocket for phone, this bag is bigger than the usual satchel thus the higher price tag $298

Crossbody foldover bag $178

AP Exclusive Price ??? - anyone?

ShopDisney Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/brands/dooney-and-bourke

@VeronicaMarie looks like they're back!

Does anyone have the official crinoline skirt from Disney Dress Shop? Wondering if the quality is any better than the cheap ones you can get from Amazon. We'll be in Orlando in October and wondering if it's worth it to hold out on buying one while there since my size is sold out online.

Does anyone have the official crinoline skirt from Disney Dress Shop? Wondering if the quality is any better than the cheap ones you can get from Amazon. We'll be in Orlando in October and wondering if it's worth it to hold out on buying one while there since my size is sold out online.

Don't buy the cheap crap at Amazon, they shed and tear apart easily. I bought a longer one for my costume and ended up having to throw it away instead of packing it up and taking home.

Disney's are better made and very fluffy. I wash mine in cold water gentle cycle and hang to dry. I've had mine since they sold them and am very pleased. Remember to store on a hanger, inside out. While traveling, pack it in a pint size ziploc freezer bag, works like a charm and saves sooo much space! ;)

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I wanted to know! I already have a cheap one, but it's not really comfortable. I'm happy to hear the official ones are much better.

Would someone be willing to measure the bust/waist of the orange bird dress? I'm wondering what size to buy. Thanks! It will be my first dress like this!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter