The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

I buy a lot of things from Catherine's. My local store has a lot of pretty professional clothes. For vacation, I bought mostly white capris and colorful knit tops.

Lands End has a large selection in their Women's Petite section. The quality is very nice as well.... really soft cotton. My local Sears store carries Lands End. Sometimes I will try on there, and order another color etc. on line.

I am 5'2" and usually wear XL or XXL and size 14-18 depending on the type of clothing. Where can I find summer dresses for short rounds?! I am not a catalog shopper because I like to see how something feels. ( I am very sensitive to some materials) And, to add insult to injury, I tried on a super large sports bra that practically strangled me because it lifted everything up so high! So please, if you have recommendations on where I can find XL petite sized clothing, please advise. Thanks!

I would definitely suggest Old Navy. With your posted sizes, you shouldn't actually have to buy anything from the plus-size range, so you may have a good deal of luck shopping in store (I'm 5'5 and wore a 20/22 and fit just about everything in their XXL sizes).

Also, if you find something you love in the store but it is too long, you can most likely order a petite version online. I know they don't often carry petite in stores, but at least you can get an idea of the general fit and feel and then order what you want online! Good luck!

Thank you all so much! I am writing all this down and trying to plan my shopping trips strategically. :)
I really hate clothes shopping. I can spend hours in a book store, but clothing... even before I hurt my back I disliked the whole selecting and trying on process. My back hurt so much when I got home from Target the other day. Plus, I am ADHD and malls really overwhelm me with too many choices!
I looked online and there are no Dillard's or Catherine's near me. ( I live in NoVA) We have plenty of malls though, and a Lane Bryant not too far away.
Do most of you wear dresses and skirts in the hot weather? I always had thin legs, I am a typical apple, but with aging has come some very unattractive lines and I would prefer to avoid shorts. Thanks again for your help!

Do most of you wear dresses and skirts in the hot weather?

I never wear dresses to the parks because I ride all the rides, and the dresses fly up. I always wear cotton cargo capris to the parks. I have just enough pairs to get through a week of vacation, and I wear them every day that I'm at the parks.

I have seen ladies in the park with dresses, though. I don't know how they keep their dresses from flying up. Maybe they don't ride all of the same rides. Or maybe they figure nobody can really see when it happens. Honestly, I've tried it, and it didn't work for me, and I've wondered how others do it.

The other thing you want to think about if you're not used to wearing dresses is chafing on the inner thighs. With lots and lots of walking, when you get a little bit of sweat there, you'll chafe. You can buy anti-chafing stuff at the drug store.

I literally have "Disney park clothes." I wear a spacer bra (meant to cool), cotton undies (meant to breathe), cotton stretchy cargo pants (meant to breathe), and a woven cotton shirt (again, meant to breath more than a tee shirt). I make sure every article of clothing is medium to light in color so that the sun doesn't warm up the fabric. Then, I top it all off with shoes that have metatarsal supports, which I also select in a medium to light color. Oh, and I almost forgot... I do a very small water-resistant crossbody bag from Dooney that lies flat and has three outer zipper pockets so that my hands are free, I never have to worry about my bag flying off on a ride, and I have lots of room for cards/ID, cash, phone, bandaids, lip balm, meds, alcohol wipes, a couple of magic towels, wet wipes, sunblock wipes, disposable toothbrushes, a pocket-sized poncho, and park maps. (everything is trial sized or individually-wrapped so that it all fits and lays flat) I have a strap that keeps my sunglasses connected to me even on a crazy ride. I also never wear flip flops so that I never have to worry about a shoe coming off on a ride.

I've spent a lot of time in the parks over the years, and I've figured out what works for me, and I stick to it. But everyone is different, and I see lots of people who have spent as much time or much more time in the parks than I have, and they're doing things differently -- what works for them.

A friend and co-worker of mine(who shares my Disney Addiction) just got back earlier this week. She was turned away for not fitting. She was heart broken and claims she will never go back to WDW. I hope they make some modifications so more people are able to ride.

I was there a couple of weeks ago. I didn't fit, and it was quite upsetting. I had somewhat prepared myself as I'd read the various posts about it not being size friendly. I've never had any problems on any other ride at WDW. I tried to put on a brave face for DD and DH, but I'll admit to some tears watching them pull away from the station.

I realized pretty much as soon as I sat down that it wasn't going to work, so I quickly stepped back out and a very nice CM directed me off to the side. When the train pulled away, he came over to speak to me. He apologized and gave me a family FP for any attraction in Magic Kingdom (except A&E).

I did ask him if there were any plans for modified cars in the future. He said no, that the mechanics of the swinging cars would not allow for it.

Personally, I think this is incorrect. They could have seats that do not have the middle divider with one lap bar across the seat, like BTMRR. These could be intended for one person (sitting in the middle of the seat), and there shouldn't be any problem with the weight distribution. Maybe have one seat per train? Wouldn't reduce the ride capacity by much.

Disney really surprised and disappointed me with this one. :sad:

Just to add for comparison purposes: I'm 5'5", 30/32 size, with most in my butt, hips & thighs (and it's the thighs that were the problem).

Was it close? I'm 5'5 and a 26/28, but leaning toward 28.

I'm here now but haven't been able to snag a fast pass. I'm not going to wait in line for 2 hours and be turned away. Frankly, I can't wait in any line for 2 hours.

It seems like I've had more close calls on this trip...hmm...I think it's because my nephews are here, and I don't want embarrassed.

Expedition Everest and primeval whirl (with a 13 year old) was a little tight. The sum of all thrills was barely a no go. I rode dumbo and barnstormer by myself.

Now I'm looking at the surrey bikes that say 3 to a seat. What do these 3 people look like?

I'm here now but haven't been able to snag a fast pass. I'm not going to wait in line for 2 hours and be turned away. Frankly, I can't wait in any line for 2 hours.

It seems like I've had more close calls on this trip...hmm...I think it's because my nephews are here, and I don't want embarrassed.

Expedition Everest and primeval whirl (with a 13 year old) was a little tight. The sum of all thrills was barely a no go. I rode dumbo and barnstormer by myself.

Now I'm looking at the surrey bikes that say 3 to a seat. What do these 3 people look like?

Unfortunately, not even close for me. Don't want to spoil things for you, but if I were you, I wouldn't wait the 2 hours. If you had a FP, then I'd say give it a try because they would at least make good on the FP.

Now I am worried about SDMT. I am 5'8 and a 16/18. Always had chubby thighs. I fit in a normal plane seat without an extender. Think I will be ok?

Just a note about Surrey Bikes. My Pooh sized husband and I (also Pooh Sized) did the bikes on our honeymoon. It was an awful experience. I'm 5'3 and barely could reach the pedals, so the weight of both of us and the bike fell solely on him. I couldn't find a seat adjuster, so I have to assume that they are not adjustable. I just don't think they are what you have in your mind to be. Just my two cents. Hope you are having fun though!

Hubby and I have ridden the bikes before. I barely reached the pedals. Not the most comfortable thing...but ok.

We first rode at Ft wilderness. OMG! We barely got the thing to move. We rode at boardwalk on another trip and only the hills were bad.

Just know that unless you are pretty athletic, it may be hard for the more pooh sized to literally pull their own weight.

Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions for places to buy clothing. My DD and I did a mall trip and there were sales everywhere! Coldwater Creek is sadly going out of business, but I got a lot of stuff there. ( for work too) But my absolute favorites of everything I bought were the clothes I got at Talbots. What wonderfully soft and comfy material. They were having a good sale, otherwise I never would have paid the original prices for anything I bought!
One Kohl's trip, and perhaps Lane Bryant, and I should be done with the clothing part of my to do list. So much to do! Thanks again for the advice- especially mentioning the chafing issues. Body Glide is on my list! p.s. Also, my one of my best finds was a Land's End bathing suit at Sears. Thankfully they had a few in larger sizes. I went with the 20 so I didn't have to fight with it to get it on and off! :)

I was at islands of adventure yesterday and did not fit the test seats for Forbidden Journey or Dragon Challenge. I'm 5'5 and 253, 49" bust and 44" waist, size 18/20W. It's got to be body composition because I've read so many larger people fit in the ride (and saw many larger people getting off as I waited for my daughter). If I had to guess it was a combination of my chest and a broad shoulder width preventing the harness from coming down. I had room to spare in for FJ test seat as far as my bum goes, but DC was tight on my hips.

Rode everything I tried at WDW.

I was disappointed in US because I hadn't even considered that I wouldn't fit. It was a little embarrassing to try the test seat but other people tried them after I did and at least I knew. I was pretty distraught for one kid of about 16. He was with his family and he sat in the seat at FJ and didn't fit. He took off very upset. I felt so badly for him. He wasn't even that large, but he was tall (over 6') and very solidly built, but proportional. I took it from his family's discussion that he had already encountered the same on other rides. :(

Guin. Did you try the modified seats at FJ?

Does anybody's feet, legs and ankles swell? We just got back. I was semi good with my eating, walked 54 miles and gained 9 pounds. I'm hoping and praying that is from the swelling and muscle gain. If I'm gaining 9 pounds in a week, there better be some cheesecake involved. Two cokes and an ice cream cone better not do that.

Good news: on my last trip I couldn't get through the turnstiles at Carousel of Progress but could do it this time!!!

Do most of you wear dresses and skirts in the hot weather? I always had thin legs, I am a typical apple, but with aging has come some very unattractive lines and I would prefer to avoid shorts. Thanks again for your help!

I'm apple shaped as well. Typically, my favorite and most comfortable park wear is a pair of calf length leggings and a billowy tunic style top. Most of the comfort of a dress, but with more modesty! I'm still struggling to figure out what I'm going to wear this year though, since I bought a bunch of Alice in Wonderland themed shirts and want to wear them. I need to do some shopping in the coming weeks.

Jack Skellington, maybe?

Does anybody's feet, legs and ankles swell? We just got back. I was semi good with my eating, walked 54 miles and gained 9 pounds. I'm hoping and praying that is from the swelling and muscle gain. If I'm gaining 9 pounds in a week, there better be some cheesecake involved. Two cokes and an ice cream cone better not do that. Good news: on my last trip I couldn't get through the turnstiles at Carousel of Progress but could do it this time!!!
That happens to me too!! Last time I was there I had to adjust my sandal straps (and I had been wearing them for months at home without a problem) and they were still cutting into my ankles!! I ended up finding some Midol at our resort and took that, after all that was the best way I could think of to get ride of "bloating & irritability"!! :) Also, congrats on the turnstiles!! :)

That happens to me too!! Last time I was there I had to adjust my sandal straps (and I had been wearing them for months at home without a problem) and they were still cutting into my ankles!! I ended up finding some Midol at our resort and took that, after all that was the best way I could think of to get ride of "bloating & irritability"!! :) Also, congrats on the turnstiles!! :)

Sometimes, this can be a sign of serious medical risks. However, if it's only happening at Disneyland when you are walking and walking and walking and walking, then it's probably your blood vessels opening up to push more blood through. Best cure: a dip in the pool. Cool down your body, especially your feet, and the swelling should go down. You could also do a cool foot bath or even ice packs.

Hi everyone! I'm Marie and I'm pooh sized.

I'm coming home to Disneyworld in 2 weeks I haven't been since 2012 and I am so so worried that I can't being myself to start getting excited.

I'm 5ft9 I weigh 240lbs and I am a total hourglass. I am a size 16 dress but I require a size 20 bottoms! All of my weight and size are in my hips and thighs. I have a small waist and no breasts so just wondered if I should be as worried as I am.

I have been ok with every ride but was worried about SDMT as have large thighs and also Mission:Space.

Can anyone let me know if I would be ok?

Thank you :) Marie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter