The General "Are You Interested" Thread

I think this idea is good. I have mixed feelings though, I'd have to wait a couple of days before I make my conclusion. I've never seen The Wolf Among Us, but I love OUaT.

It's not based off of either of them so you don't have to know them to sign up. I was just giving an example. :)

I just got back from the Magic Kingdom so I'll finish typing it up soon!

Now that I'm back from camp :-)cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:) I've been meaning to start a thread for an RP idea I've been playing around with for a while-

Set in modern day NYC, you play as descendants of Disney characters who live in the same building and do different jobs in the city. Would that interest anyone?

Now that I'm back from camp :-)cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:) I've been meaning to start a thread for an RP idea I've been playing around with for a while-

Set in modern day NYC, you play as descendants of Disney characters who live in the same building and do different jobs in the city. Would that interest anyone?

Unfortunately, that sounds very similar to other ideas people have put forward

These are just general ideas for stories or RPs that I would like feedback on if it's no trouble:

4. There’s an Original Idea I had that I named House of Misfits. Basically it would be about this group of kids from between 11 and 19 that were experimented on scientists, escaped, and decided to stay together and moved into this house where they pretended to be a family. I could incorporate Maximum Ride into this, or perhaps Fairlies from Kingdom Keepers, but that’s also not really necessary.

5. As someone who enjoys theatre, I had the idea for a traveling theatre company. There could be actors, singers, dancers, and of course the crew: light, sound, set, costume, prop, stage managers, directors, etc. etc. Plus we could go to all the cool places and big cities and do the cool shows.

6. Then I thought of the idea of a group of treasure hunters that could travel through time at will. Imagine doing a heist, like stealing some of the treasures from the Romanov family during the Bolshevik Revolution, and then escaping with the treasures through time. You’d never get caught because you’d never be found. You could travel to all the really cool eras. You could even recruit from those eras. Not anyone famous or whatever, but say you went to the Victorian era, and along with the treasure you took with you a random adventurous victorian era girl who felt trapped and bored with the socialite life.

7. Another idea would be based of Pirates of the Caribbean, in the POTC universe, about a crew of pirates, possibly the crew of the Black Pearl or maybe the Flying Dutchman Post-At World’s End.

8. Another idea I had is partially inspired by the Percy Jackson books. Basically it would be a camp for demigods (tentatively called Camp Divine) of basically any ancient pantheon, so Greek, Roman, Norse, Hawaiian/Polynesian, Egyptian, even the Celtic ones. You would have to be responsible for researching your own gods and goddesses and coming up with reasonable and not overpowered skills for them because I can not do all that research and make sure things are running smoothly. I’d probably just make sure the god/goddess was real when someone signed up and then take their word for it.

I really like the treasure hunter idea and the Percy Jackson esque one!
The treasure hunter thing would be nice because that way people could join in the middle easily without having to catch up on everything, or someone could leave...
And I'm just a sucker for mythology so that sounds really cool!

(also you all know I'd love the theater one....)

I really like the treasure hunter idea and the Percy Jackson esque one!
The treasure hunter thing would be nice because that way people could join in the middle easily without having to catch up on everything, or someone could leave...
And I'm just a sucker for mythology so that sounds really cool!

(also you all know I'd love the theater one....)

I hadn't thought of that with the treasure hunter one. It also works for the theater one too.

So I brought this up because of Newsies' thread.

This is what I originally wrote concerning the thespian thing:

"As someone who enjoys theatre, I had the idea for a traveling theatre company. There could be actors, singers, dancers, and of course the crew: light, sound, set, costume, prop, stage managers, directors, etc. etc. Plus we could go to all the cool places and big cities and do the cool shows."

This is what I wrote concerning mixing the Famous rp with my idea:

"It was my idea I just let her use it so if you want I could do it as well. Maybe this time around they could be invited in order to make new Disney movies/Broadway shows or something.
I think it's rather simple, they leave to go work on a new project and come back when they finish touring or filming or writing or whichever."

And also

"For the Thespian one, think of plays and maybe musicals you'd like the group to do.
We could find Shmoop or Spark Notes on shows and post the links so those who haven't read or seen the show can understand what's going on.
And for Thespian, leaving could mean not doing productions for a while, going home to see family, etc."

So, here's my new proposal:

Disney has recruited new talent to make new Disney movies and new Disney Broadway shows. The stage people (actors and crew) will focus on Broadway. Movie and TV actors will focus on the movies. Instrumental musicians will be working on music for either one, and singers will also go either way. Dancers will be focusing on Broadway. The writers will be working on scripts and screen writing. Artists (like the make visual art kind) can do stage crew for Broadway or animation. Disney has placed these talented people looking to make their breaks in a special resort made just for them. Each person or sibling set has their own room. They will do their work and there is the option to take classes (like school or college classes) as well, and of course there is hanging out and interactions and such.

Approve? Disapprove?

Being on a plane also allowed me to come up with fresh new ideas, so I can give those too if you want.

I would be totally on board with that, but I do kind of like the idea of having them be traveling. Maybe we could keep the Disney side of it, and the resort could be like their home base or something, and then every so often a certain show will tour? Or something like that so we're not all in one place the whole time.

And then so if I understand right, we have different groups of people working on different projects, like some people would be working on a Broadway show, another group might be writing a screenplay, and another would be making a movie?

I really like it! I would also like to hear your new ideas as well though for other RP's. But for the Disney one, SILV APPROVES! :thumbsup2 I do suggest that maybe once an actor/actress is done with a movie, then they could go do a Broadway show as well and vice versa if they wanted and with the others as well.

Well yeah, they can do multiple projects, those were simply suggestions. and multiple projects are for variety of course!

And the other ideas, as per request by Silv-

Memories Lost Short Version: About people 8+ that have lost part of or their whole memories so they're in the hospital (I'm thinking New York) and it's about them trying to regain their memories or become able to start a new life, and there's classes and activities and group therapy sessions and stuff.

Camp Shakespeare Short Version: 6-17 year olds that have died are now in a summer camp in the afterlife. 18 year olds are camp counselors. They could have died anywhere from like 500 years ago to the present. It's called that because there's a lot of young people in Shakespeare tragedies that die (Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, Cordelia from King Lear, etc.)

Dragonshift Short Version: There's this country called Draco, and they really like dragons. People who unlock the dragon spirit within become Firebrands, who work for the prince and can turn into dragons and their dragonfire has special abilities depending on what color you chose. Characters in Dragonshift should probably be older, like the Agents of SHIELD thread that was going on for a bit there.

Hourglass Academy Short Version: The school building is literally a time machine, and the staff takes the students time traveling to teach. The staff and students can be from the present or can be from the past and joined the school and left their own time.

And the other ideas, as per request by Silv-

Memories Lost Short Version: About people 8+ that have lost part of or their whole memories so they're in the hospital (I'm thinking New York) and it's about them trying to regain their memories or become able to start a new life, and there's classes and activities and group therapy sessions and stuff.

Camp Shakespeare Short Version: 6-17 year olds that have died are now in a summer camp in the afterlife. 18 year olds are camp counselors. They could have died anywhere from like 500 years ago to the present. It's called that because there's a lot of young people in Shakespeare tragedies that die (Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, Cordelia from King Lear, etc.)

Dragonshift Short Version: There's this country called Draco, and they really like dragons. People who unlock the dragon spirit within become Firebrands, who work for the prince and can turn into dragons and their dragonfire has special abilities depending on what color you chose. Characters in Dragonshift should probably be older, like the Agents of SHIELD thread that was going on for a bit there.

Hourglass Academy Short Version: The school building is literally a time machine, and the staff takes the students time traveling to teach. The staff and students can be from the present or can be from the past and joined the school and left their own time.

Out of just those, I like the first idea the best. But out of those and the Disney one, I still really like the Disney one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter