The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

It's the standby line that is tracked, since Remy doesn't do standby, there's no data for them to track.

This has definitely changed in the last 48 hours. For ROTR at least they 100% had a LL availability and return time chart. You could see that some days there was availability at the 9am offsite point, and most dates there weren't.

You can even see it on the cached version of the page here
https://webcache.googleusercontent....seoftheresistance/+&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Checked the all this morning at 8:30 am. Still LL availability for Slinky and Rise. Wondering if the crowds less today? Or…is it that they might not release everything at 7am and if you are willing to refresh the app every so often and be patient you will probably find what you’re looking for?

We are visiting between December 17th - 19th and plan to try the exact same HS evening stacking strategy we did back in mid-November to test if the LL’s are really selling out quicker or if we just need to refresh a little more before taking the first things we see.

at HS today. Definitely much quieter than our last 2 visits last week. Currently in line for Alien Saucers. This is our 6th ride today! Rope dropped for Smugglers and they opened that at 8:00.

I am trying to advise a friend on Genie+ for her future trip but the "closed the stacking loophole" discussions have confused me.

Our experience with Genie+ was pre-loophole. Example:
- 7a booked Slinky for 7:55p as only time available
- At 11a I would be eligible to make a new LL (2 hour rule)
- 11a book ToT for 12p
-Tap into ToT 12p and be immediately eligible to make another LL while Slinky LL hangs out later in the day.
- For remainder of day be able to use my tap/reserve LL eligibility, until Slinky at 7:55p

Am I understanding correctly that NOW the tap/reserve while holding a later LL no longer works?? This is how it now would be:

- 7a booked Slinky for 7:55p (as only time available)
- At 11a I would be eligible to make a new LL (2 hour rule)
- 11a book ToT for 12p
- Tap into ToT 12p and NOT eligible until 2 hour cool down (1p) expires OR I use Slinky at 7:55p
- I'm stuck waiting 2 hour cooldown period all day because my Slinky LL is so late.
I believe your first scenario is correct. You should still be able to book a new LL after you use it at 12. Because that was the last thing you booked.
Here at DHS now. rotr was down when we walked in this morning at 8:45. So far I feel like the park is less crowded also than it had been last week.
We do not have genie plus for today because we are hopping to epcot at 2 and we wouldn’t get enough LL in before our hop time. We actually only bought it 4 of our 10 days because of the way I had previously set our park and dining reservations before G+ full details were released. It does not work very well on crowded days if you are park hopping to a park where it is less necessary (Epcot) because of how fast the times go in the first park.
We did use it well for a DHS evening, a MK evening and DHS and MK full day visits. All the other days we did standby by except for FoP and Remy and Rise. This meant we missed Navi and Safari but we were ok with that. We got on TT with a 40 min wait somehow yesterday afternoon. We were going to get G+ that day but DH decided that it wasn’t worth the $75 that it would have ended up costing to get it (went to MK in the am and wouldn’t have been able to use bc we would have had to book TT at 7 and by 11 everything at MK would be past our leaving time). Disney still got my money as we got some souvenirs and holiday food booth stuff!

also the deluxe resort extra hours were great and rope dropping was much more effective than genie plus. I suppose rope dropping and then trying to build a stack at MK while u go back for a break would work. But we like to go to Epcot a lot at night so it doesn’t help there. If DHS slows down it might be possible to stack there. We did that on Nov 20 while we traveled but it’s been too busy to do so since.

I’ve found that the code happens on wifi for us. Since I’ve kept off the wifi here I haven’t had the code.

edited to add: I was WRONG. DHS very busy. Wait times are significant. But we are happy with what we’ve done so far this morning (rnrc, mfsr, slinky and ToT and docking bay 7 lunch).

Last edited:
Wouldn't you be eligible after you tap into ToT? Since that was your 11am selection?
If I understand my own example correctly, not eligible after ToT because of Slinky being so late. Everyone that books at 7a is eligible after 2 hours to book their next LL. But then paths diverge - if you do not have a late LL hanging out in the future you can utilize tap/reserve method. If you DO have a LL in the future you wait 2 hours for each booking until catching up and tapping into that future LL that was made at 7a.

I have two different opposing responses to my original post. 🙃 I think I already know the answer to this, but maybe hopefully wishing Disney had an official release on this stacking business?

If I understand my own example correctly, not eligible after ToT because of Slinky being so late. Everyone that books at 7a is eligible after 2 hours to book their next LL. But then paths diverge - if you do not have a late LL hanging out in the future you can utilize tap/reserve method. If you DO have a LL in the future you wait 2 hours for each booking until catching up and tapping into that future LL that was made at 7a.

I have two different opposing responses to my original post. 🙃 I think I already know the answer to this, but maybe hopefully wishing Disney had an official release on this stacking business?
Yuck. Haha. Hopefully someone there now can provide more detail. I really thought it was about the most recent selection, but I could be wrong 🤣. I visit in 3 weeks, hopefully I understand it better by then. Lol. I guess the good news is you can definitely try again after 2 hours.

Do you have to be in the park (EPCOT) to book REMI ILL$ at 11am if staying offsite? Travel day and won't be in park until early afternoon.

Yuck. Haha. Hopefully someone there now can provide more detail. I really thought it was about the most recent selection, but I could be wrong 🤣. I visit in 3 weeks, hopefully I understand it better by then. Lol. I guess the good news is you can definitely try again after 2 hours.

I think you are correct on this.

11:00 eligible for LL, so select ToT for 12:00
12:00 tap into ToT (2 taps), eligible NOW for next LL (because tap-in is prior to the 2-hour cool-off, which would be at 1:00)

For each LL booking, you are next eligible:
(1) in 2 hours (cool-off), OR
(2) LL tap-in of the most recently booked attraction if the tap-in is prior to 2 hours cool-off from that booking

The evening SDD which was booked at 7am is irrelevant at 11am. Stacking is still allowed. (It's only the "rolling" stacks, which I think of as double-stacking or triple-stacking, that no longer work.)

I wish Disney would read through this thread to see just how confused the people who spend all of this time researching and preparing for their trips are. But it's clear when they sell Genie+, even when the only LL left for the day is Muppet Vision 3D, they don't give a 💩 about experience when they're making record profits 😢

Was fascinating to watch the slower progression of times for DHS this morning between 7 and 730am. After being a little freaked out all last week, now concerned about our 7am LL grab on Friday. We had decided to skip SDD and grab MFSR, but our flight departs at 7:25am and today the return times were too early for us! A good 'problem' to have if that means crowds are much lower.

Just checked at 11:05am and MFSR is available for 7:15pm return, so I guess we're back to SDD first and MFSR next.

I'm going to need to set alarms all week at 7am and 11am to check MDE to nail down our plan. Then prepare to be boarding a plane when I need to grab that 7am LL. :eek: (I may have to make sure to get a paper boarding pass at the airport, can you imagine being in a SW lineup and have to stop to scan your boarding pass RIGHT AT 7AM! LOL)

My 4 family members are linked to my account (they don't use MDE at all at the moment and don't have their own accounts). I always managed fast passes for everyone in the past so....
  • If I want to buy Genie+ for just 2 of the 4 for one day - can I do this?
  • At what time can I first purchase it? Or can I wake up at say 6:30am and get it for 2 of us and then book rides at 7am? (we are onsite)
  • If persons 3 and 4 decide they want Genie+ can I add them later that day? I realize they will have missed out on booking things early - and may not get or want the same things I had booked for myself
  • Would it be easier to share my password with them to login in as me on MDE app and they manage themselves this way or if they made their own accounts ...how would I link them back to me? (they are my husband and my young adult sons). I'm a bit concerned someone will get confused and cancel someone else's bookings thinking it is their own, etc.
We tend to split up and go different ways so I don't want to have to manage everyone if I can help it!

If it works like MP at DLR did (And I have seen several users who have done both and say that it does), then you would be able to book the next one right after scanning into ToT. Once you have “paid” the price for the late booking of SDD by waiting the two hours before booking ToT, that SDD LL is “paid” and doesn’t figure into any future booking windows.

Alright. Today I am arriving to MK around 3(on bus now). I'm doing the Christmas party tonight but I've decided to let go of reason and book all the things..

so at 7am I booked space and SDMT for this evening. With genie I've stacked Winnie the Pooh and jingle cruise. I then have a dessert party.

I deff think there is a huge value in using genie for an evening arrival or for park hopping. I could have more rides booked if I didn't have other plans..

Alright. Today I am arriving to MK around 3(on bus now). I'm doing the Christmas party tonight but I've decided to let go of reason and book all the things..

so at 7am I booked space and SDMT for this evening. With genie I've stacked Winnie the Pooh and jingle cruise. I then have a dessert party.

I deff think there is a huge value in using genie for an evening arrival or for park hopping. I could have more rides booked if I didn't have other plans..

a better use of genie would have been Peter Pan but I got distracted by shiny things at world of Disney.

My 4 family members are linked to my account (they don't use MDE at all at the moment and don't have their own accounts). I always managed fast passes for everyone in the past so....
  • If I want to buy Genie+ for just 2 of the 4 for one day - can I do this? YES
  • At what time can I first purchase it? Or can I wake up at say 6:30am and get it for 2 of us and then book rides at 7am? (we are onsite) You can purchase after midnight. Get it done anytime before the 7am cluster
  • If persons 3 and 4 decide they want Genie+ can I add them later that day? I realize they will have missed out on booking things early - and may not get or want the same things I had booked for myself. YES, but it will most likely be a waste for them
  • Would it be easier to share my password with them to login in as me on MDE app and they manage themselves this way or if they made their own accounts ...how would I link them back to me? (they are my husband and my young adult sons). I'm a bit concerned someone will get confused and cancel someone else's bookings thinking it is their own, etc. Either way works.
We tend to split up and go different ways so I don't want to have to manage everyone if I can help it!

That's what we're hoping for Friday, our travel/arrival. Today I was able to 'model' DHS getting the 2 ILL$ and SDD at 7am. Then MFSR, ToT, RnRC at 11, 1, 3. We'd arrive at DHS around 3pm with 5 headliners. Then we'll head to the MK AH party.

Of course, I don't know how Friday compares to today's crowds, so .... who knows!

Today I was able to 'model' DHS getting the 2 ILL$ and SDD at 7am. Then MFSR, ToT, RnRC at 11, 1, 3
This is very ambitious, but I wish you the best of luck!

We were there last week and yes, I know Thanksgiving is a week unto itself, but getting a ROTR LL and a SDD LL is a tall order. You really have to decide which one you want the most. Getting the LL for SDD only requires a few clicks but the IAS for ROTR requires a few more. All those seconds matter.

You should have no problem grabbing IAS for MMRR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter