The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

DH and I will be coming off of a cruise before our 1st day and will be selecting our G+ and ILL$ from the port in the morning. We want to go to AK in the evening and only get them for the evening. Is it possible to select times? I feel like I’m seeing that times are given to you and you have little to no control over it.

Thanks!

DH and I will be coming off of a cruise before our 1st day and will be selecting our G+ and ILL$ from the port in the morning. We want to go to AK in the evening and only get them for the evening. Is it possible to select times? I feel like I’m seeing that times are given to you and you have little to no control over it.

Thanks!
You'll be able to select times for ILL$ (FOP, and depending on when you're going, EE), but the rides for G+ are first available. No choice of time.

You'll be able to select times for ILL$ (FOP, and depending on when you're going, EE), but the rides for G+ are first available. No choice of time.
Thanks so much for your answer. Is there any way to change the time of a G+ pass once you get it or are you stuck with whatever you get? We are going in July and plan go back to the resort in the afternoon for a swim/rest. We won’t want them for the afternoon but will want them for the mornings and evenings.

I know people do stack them for the evenings, so how do they get evening times? Thanks!

No, you used to be able to do this, but Disney closed this loophole. You can only make another selection based on your last selection. Since your last selection was at 11, your next selection is either when you're able to tap into that pick if it's less than 2 hours away or at 1pm based on the 2 hour window.

You'd be better off tapping into your first selection at 1030 and making your next selection at that time.
Thanks for clarifying this. We never used Genie+ like this so it was hard to grasp what the change actually was. We always booked around 7 am for something early and stacked evening only (during lunch break).

Thanks so much for your answer. Is there any way to change the time of a G+ pass once you get it or are you stuck with whatever you get? We are going in July and plan go back to the resort in the afternoon for a swim/rest. We won’t want them for the afternoon but will want them for the mornings and evenings.

I know people do stack them for the evenings, so how do they get evening times? Thanks!
At 12:00, book something 3:30-4:30
at 2:00, book something 4:15-5:15
don‘t ride the first stacked ride
at 4:00, book 5:15-6:15 and then ride the 3:30-4:30

don’t overlap if utilizing rider switch or going from one side of the park to another. 120 mins start after you book, so could be 2:05 if it took 5 mins to decide then it’s 4:05 for next booking.

At 12:00, book something 3:30-4:30
at 2:00, book something 4:15-5:15
don‘t ride the first stacked ride
at 4:00, book 5:15-6:15 and then ride the 3:30-4:30

don’t overlap if utilizing rider switch or going from one side of the park to another. 120 mins start after you book, so could be 2:05 if it took 5 mins to decide then it’s 4:05 for next booking.

Here's how this could have worked yesterday at Magic Kingdom to stack for the evening --

12:00, return time for Jungle Cruise 6:30-7:30
2:00, return time for Peter Pan 6:15-7:15
4:00, return time for Big Thunder 7:00-8:00, or Haunted Mansion 7:45-8:45, or Pirates 6:30-7:30

(Data from thrill-data.com)

Since you can only access LL once per attraction per day, you wouldn't want to get LLs in the morning for anything you planned to stack for the evening. You could do your 12:00 through 4:00 stacking while lounging around the resort pool.

Hi everyone! I need a sanity check. In one of the disney groups I participate in on FaceBook - someone wrote a summary of everything that they booked last week. They summarized 13 ILL over 4.5 days. Am I missing something? I thought it was only TWO ILL per day. Does that change if you park hop? I need a disney sanity check!

Hi everyone! I need a sanity check. In one of the disney groups I participate in on FaceBook - someone wrote a summary of everything that they booked last week. They summarized 13 ILL over 4.5 days. Am I missing something? I thought it was only TWO ILL per day. Does that change if you park hop? I need a disney sanity check!

ILL are the extra pay rides. There are currently only 7 of them, and you can only get 2 per day.

Genie+ is separate, and there is no limit to the number of LLs you can get with Genie+ (except you can't get the same one more than once in a day). Those posts had to be talking about LL accress through Genie+ (not ILL access).

ILL are the extra pay rides. There are currently only 7 of them, and you can only get 2 per day.

Genie+ is separate, and there is no limit to the number of LLs you can get with Genie+ (except you can't get the same one more than once in a day). Those posts had to be talking about LL accress through Genie+ (not ILL access).

No - she outlined every ride and I counted 13 ILL. I had a feeling she was over inflating what she was able to do.

Thanks for the sanity check though. It is only two ILL per day.

They dropped some for the holiday. Did it fall during the holiday?

Genie+ has dumbed down the overall experience. Folks that like to plan can't plan as they have no clue what will be available when. It's pretty clear for planners it was - paper fastpasses then reserved fastpasses (3) then Covid Disney times (standby only) and now this is the worst. The trend is the overall experience continues to get worse.

Here's how this could have worked yesterday at Magic Kingdom to stack for the evening --

12:00, return time for Jungle Cruise 6:30-7:30
2:00, return time for Peter Pan 6:15-7:15
4:00, return time for Big Thunder 7:00-8:00, or Haunted Mansion 7:45-8:45, or Pirates 6:30-7:30

(Data from thrill-data.com)

Since you can only access LL once per attraction per day, you wouldn't want to get LLs in the morning for anything you planned to stack for the evening. You could do your 12:00 through 4:00 stacking while lounging around the resort pool.

This might be the single most helpful post I have seen concerning stacking so far. Ride times do not have to be consecutive or 2 hours apart. All that matters is that the reservation is made 2 hours apart. I assumed it was like fast pass where it wouldn't allow shared times over an hour, except 2 hours now. If I am understanding you accurately that makes G+ a far better value if youre willing to get on and get those reservations. This is super useful to know as we have G+ on our tickets and will have a half day (evening) at MK on arrival.

This might be the single most helpful post I have seen concerning stacking so far. Ride times do not have to be consecutive or 2 hours apart. All that matters is that the reservation is made 2 hours apart. I assumed it was like fast pass where it wouldn't allow shared times over an hour, except 2 hours now. If I am understanding you accurately that makes G+ a far better value if youre willing to get on and get those reservations. This is super useful to know as we have G+ on our tickets and will have a half day (evening) at MK on arrival.

If you aren't going to be in a park during the morning, you can start stacking even earlier and have even more LLs stacked by late afternoon/evening.

Seriously, I have read about 100 blogs and never had anyone explained the ability to stack rides with concurrent windows in the afternoon/ evening. This is my new plan. Ride standby early and just book LL for (almost) everything after lunch til we leave. Thank you so much for this advice. Game changer!

question.. can I purchase LL for Remy from the airport in Philly at 7am (staying on property checking in that day at 1030am) have park passes for Epcot day 1...or do I have to wait until we land and in Orlando?

question.. can I purchase LL for Remy from the airport in Philly at 7am (staying on property checking in that day at 1030am) have park passes for Epcot day 1...or do I have to wait until we land and in Orlando?

You can buy it at the airport— I’ve done so myself. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter