The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Yes, at least they were on my trip in March (blue umbrellas). For us, they asked what I originally chose and changed it to that (some people had screenshots but I didn’t think to do that, but it wasn’t an issue). I’ve heard of others who got anytime passes, but I wouldn’t expect that. The other option I’ve heard and observed working is to show your ADR reservation to the CM at the ride when you show up late. It’s easier to fit your party on a ride then a full restaurant. We did get a very kind CM who let us on JC early (17 mins) when I showed her a Steakhouse 71 reservation but she said it was a one off and they prefer you to either change things at the blue umbrellas or show up late.
So please go wait in line at a blue umbrella so they can help you get the time you booked to skip a different line.

Lol, I think Genie isn’t long for this world if even Disney realizes they need to include a disclaimer about how people maybe shouldn’t buy it because it’s useless unless you are expert-level at manipulating it:

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/04/disney-warns-against-genie-app-ld1/
Although I agree with you about the complexity, I don't think that's what this warning is saying. It's there so people don't complain after the fact when they buy G+ in the afternoon when there is no more LL availability.

I noticed again today that there weren’t as many times for ROTR at 7:17 as there usually have been. The first return times that showed up were a little later and they didn’t last that long.

But, at about 7:20, earlier times appeared (starting at 8:30 AM) and lasted longer.

So, the last two days, the window that had been opening at 7:17 has been opening around 7:20.
I was helping someone at Epcot today and noticed the same thing with Remy. There were two “mini drops” around 7:10 and 7:17 but less options and they went quicker. The big drop we’re used to didn’t happen until closer to 7:25. Sorry, didn’t note exact time when it started (confirming things) but there was still lots available at 7:25.
Took a look at thrill-data, and it looks like that has happened the last 4 days.

I was helping someone at Epcot today and noticed the same thing with Remy. There were two “mini drops” around 7:10 and 7:17 but less options and they went quicker. The big drop we’re used to didn’t happen until closer to 7:25. Sorry, didn’t note exact time when it started (confirming things) but there was still lots available at 7:25.
Took a look at thrill-data, and it looks like that has happened the last 4 days.

Wish they didn't change things up the day before I leave!

If I want ROTR for the evening is it best to get it at the 7am drop and not wait for the 7:17 drop?

If I want ROTR for the evening is it best to get it at the 7am drop and not wait for the 7:17 drop?
I would. At 7am, for an evening slot, you’re likely to get what you initially choose (or very close).
Disney has been “tinkering” with the extra drop times the past few days. The good news is that they’re still doing extra drops (in case you miss/skip the 7am for whatever reason). The bad news is the timing has been inconsistent (not the usual 7:17). I’ve seen 7:08/10 and closer to 7:20.

I would. At 7am, for an evening slot, you’re likely to get what you initially choose (or very close).
Disney has been “tinkering” with the extra drop times the past few days. The good news is that they’re still doing extra drops (in case you miss/skip the 7am for whatever reason). The bad news is the timing has been inconsistent (not the usual 7:17). I’ve seen 7:08/10 and closer to 7:20.
Thank you!

Question on using Genie+ to book a LL for a stage show, like Beauty and the Beast for example. I see that the return times are 30 min prior to the show, but does this mean there's no "grace period" if we happen to be running a bit behind from a meal or another attraction? I guess what I'm trying to ask is, when do they start letting guests into the theater and when's the latest we could show up to the LL line and still be let in, like for a 4pm show?

Heading to the parks tomorrow.
Question about Genie+. Since the only selection that matters for determining eligibility for another LL reservation is the most recent one, if you tap in for the most recent one, can you select another even if you have a few selected earlier that were not used?

Question about Genie+. Since the only selection that matters for determining eligibility for another LL reservation is the most recent one, if you tap in for the most recent one, can you select another even if you have a few selected earlier that were not used?
Yes, you can.

Yes. It’s based on most recent booking.

It follows your second booking - ie. you make your first booking for AK and AK opens at 8am. You can make your second booking for whatever park you’d like at either 10am OR after you’ve tapped into that first LL at AK. Then you use the 2 hour rule, so since it will be after 2pm before you use your next LL, set your alarm for two hours and make another.
I just want to share this was not my experience when I was there last week. My park reservation was for AK which opened at 7:30am. I booked a LL with Genie+ at 7am for Kilimanjaro Safaris for 8am-9am. After tapping in I tried to make a LL at MK which was opening at 9am that day and I was not eligible to book one. I was able to book Navi though!

Question on using Genie+ to book a LL for a stage show, like Beauty and the Beast for example. I see that the return times are 30 min prior to the show, but does this mean there's no "grace period" if we happen to be running a bit behind from a meal or another attraction? I guess what I'm trying to ask is, when do they start letting guests into the theater and when's the latest we could show up to the LL line and still be let in, like for a 4pm show?
There is a grace period, but I can’t remember what it is (thinking until 10mins before). Hopefully someone else can confirm.

I just want to share this was not my experience when I was there last week. My park reservation was for AK which opened at 7:30am. I booked a LL with Genie+ at 7am for Kilimanjaro Safaris for 8am-9am. After tapping in I tried to make a LL at MK which was opening at 9am that day and I was not eligible to book one. I was able to book Navi though!
Hmmm... do you known if you would have been able to get one after 9:00 but before 11:00? I'm really curious about that.

So take this scenario.

Let's say AK opens at 8:00 and HS opens at 9:00. I have AK reservations and plan to hop to HS.

So at 7:00 a.m. I get a Kilimanjaro Safari's booking for, say 8:30. I tap in and try to book Tower of Terror - according to your experience, that won't work.

But what if I wait until 9:05 to try ToT? It seems like that should work according to the rules.

If not, however, I'm assuming that I certainly could at 10:30 - i.e. two hours after I tapped into Safari. Is that true?

I'm thinking it would be at least somewhat advantageous because I assume you get waves of HS bookings at 7:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 1:00 p.m. With the above strategy, I'd be a half hour ahead of "the wave." I couldn't get more bookings (either way I'd only get three) but I'd be somewhat more likely to do OK at my third HS booking (i.e. better time or better availability).

Is that right, or am I off target?

We’ll, I was hit with a significant time change between payment and confirmation. So annoying. The positive is I was able to secure SDMT for a party of 10. The negative was the time changed from 4pm to 8pm when I received the confirmation. Probably will just keep it and we can all ride after dinner and before fireworks (or during fireworks?).
Serves me right for not waiting until a later drop. Any chance to argue this at Guest Relations and where is the least crowded in the Magic Kingdom (or is it just city hall)?

We’ll, I was hit with a significant time change between payment and confirmation. So annoying. The positive is I was able to secure SDMT for a party of 10. The negative was the time changed from 4pm to 8pm when I received the confirmation. Probably will just keep it and we can all ride after dinner and before fireworks (or during fireworks?).
Serves me right for not waiting until a later drop. Any chance to argue this at Guest Relations and where is the least crowded in the Magic Kingdom (or is it just city hall)?
It’s worth a shot, if the line isn’t too long

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter