The Golf Cart Thread

Im not sure what happend...I was riveting the plexiglass to the frame and after the 5th one, I noticed the crack!!! Im gonna call around and see how much a new piece of plexi is...but I heard its pretty hefty in price considering its just a piece of plastic.....then Id have to remove the rivets, which seems wont be the easiest thing in the world to do. I may just blow it off for a while till after I get some HP in the motor.

let me know the dimensions of it and what price they give you before you go out and buy another piece...have connections in that area...

Hey Rog nice cart. A little trick I learned working on helicopters. If the crack is not too large you can drill a small hole at the point where the crack ends. Just be gentle and dont push or the crack will run. Drilling will stop it from growing further. Its called stop drilling.

Im not sure what happend...I was riveting the plexiglass to the frame and after the 5th one, I noticed the crack!!! Im gonna call around and see how much a new piece of plexi is...but I heard its pretty hefty in price considering its just a piece of plastic.....then Id have to remove the rivets, which seems wont be the easiest thing in the world to do. I may just blow it off for a while till after I get some HP in the motor.

remember we had that bet, and you won, so pm me your address and i'll send you the motor you won.

let me know the dimensions of it and what price they give you before you go out and buy another piece...have connections in that area...
Thanks Jen...thats good to know. I'll let you know when I start dealing with it!

Hey Rog nice cart. A little trick I learned working on helicopters. If the crack is not too large you can drill a small hole at the point where the crack ends. Just be gentle and dont push or the crack will run. Drilling will stop it from growing further. Its called stop drilling.
Never heard of that but what a great idea, makes perfect sense.

remember we had that bet, and you won, so pm me your address and i'll send you the motor you won.
I never make bets, And I NEVER WIN anything!!!! If YOU got a 10.2hp, I wanna 10.2 too!!!! (actually I'd wanna 10.3.....just to out do ya!!!!;) ) Check your PM box.

Thanks Jen...thats good to know. I'll let you know when I start dealing with it!

Never heard of that but what a great idea, makes perfect sense.

I never make bets, And I NEVER WIN anything!!!! If YOU got a 10.2hp, I wanna 10.2 too!!!! (actually I'd wanna 10.3.....just to out do ya!!!!;) ) Check your PM box.

Rog, Glad we were able to help out. Good Luck with that awesome Cart. You really are multi talented!:worship:

I added the windshield and roll bar today (cracked the windshield before I even finished installing it, but it'll do for now

Hey , Nobody even mentioned the great American stand-by ,,,Lime Green "Duct Tape" !! That'll fix that crack !!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

DucT tape? DucT tape??

ducktape.jpg

:lmao:

I like the Robocop Rims better, although chrome is nice.

I like it both ways. Its 2 different looks.

Nice looking ride Rog.

We've added a few shiny items to our's.

Before:
DSC03127.jpg

After:
DSC03142.jpg

Man, its unbelievable what a little chrome can do, huh??? It sure brightened it right on up:thumbsup2 The hubs and rockers make it look razor sharp, Rob!!

Here's mine -
cart308.jpg

1996 - 36 volt Yamaha, pretty much stock but the paint and chrome. Although I do have working brake lights and blinkers.

Brad...I really like the paint color, very cool.......makes me crave mint/chocolate chip ice cream for some reason!!! I love the rockers on Yami's...so thick and big and tough looking....almost like running boards!

Anyone know where I can find some cart size lake pipes like these? Ive serched the net high and low and got nuttin'!!! This guy found them though!!!!
MyCobra019.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter