The Good News Is......

Some good news I got today... I got a work promotion that I applied for back in Feb before the pandemic hit!

I spent nearly six weeks thinking I was going to lose my job or be hit with salary cuts. So I imagined the funding for the position would likely be eliminated.

And then last week we were told furloughs and salary cuts were avoided. And then that happy news was followed by an email this evening saying I got the gig! Happy days! My job is now more secure than ever.

Although I do need some Disney to recover from those weeks of stress. Phew!

Some good news I got today... I got a work promotion that I applied for back in Feb before the pandemic hit!

I spent nearly six weeks thinking I was going to lose my job or be hit with salary cuts. So I imagined the funding for the position would likely be eliminated.

And then last week we were told furloughs and salary cuts were avoided. And then that happy news was followed by an email this evening saying I got the gig! Happy days! My job is now more secure than ever.

Although I do need some Disney to recover from those weeks of stress. Phew!
Congratulations!

My country, Ireland is officially moving to Phase 3 of reopening on Monday.
Our population is approx 5 million
Currently on June 26 our stats are https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

11 new cases confirmed in the last 24 hours
3 deaths in the last 24 hours
12 Covid 19 patients in ICU
24 Covid 19 patients in hospital

This is our graph of Covid 19 Daily Confirmed Cases March to June

daily confirmed cases.jpg

With this next reopening stage
  • Face coverings are mandatory on public transport
  • Places of worship can allow up to 100 people
  • No restriction of travel on the island of Ireland
  • There will be a Green List of countries where it will be safe to travel without quarantine published on the 9th July
  • Up to 50 people can gather indoors and up to 200 people can gather outdoors
The following can all reopen
  • adult education
  • childcare
  • summer camps
  • youth clubs
  • museums
  • galleries
  • theatres
  • cinemas
  • hairdressers and barbers
  • beauty salons
  • driving schools and driving testing
  • cafes, restaurants and bars which serve food
  • hotels and holiday parks

@BadPinkTink

Yay Ireland!

(BTW, the 'middle' of your graph looks like a Disney Castle!)

oh so it does, :) didnt notice that.

I feel so sorry for Disboarders who live in America, my heart goes out to all of you trying to stay safe. I just wish you were at the stage we are at.

Some other good news, I have booked a mini staycation weekend in July, now that hotels are reopening. Hard Rock Hotel opened here in Dublin in February and I had planned a staycation weekend before all this craziness. When I checked their website a few days ago they now have a 20% discount reopening offer, and my credit card just happened to be beside my laptop :cool2:

Dara Beauty at Gardenwalk has re-opened. It's a bit like Bibbidi Boppity Boutique however they are not doing makeovers at this time. They have a lot of cute Disney products and official merchandise from the overseas parks. It's not Disneyland, but I'll take whatever magic I can get.

For anyone looking for good rain gear for the parks (e.g. waterproof, windproof, packable, etc.), the big summer sales are on! Check online for REI, Lands End, LL Bean, Columbia, etc. Cold, rainy weather doesn't happen too often at DLR, but when it does, good gear can really make a difference.

The good news is... My Disney buddy finally got her school schedule for 2021 and she knows now for sure that she will finish in February, so we can rebook our cancelled Aug/Sep trip to the US to March 2021 :D

Original trip: SFO-DL-LAX-WDW-DCL
We did decide that the original 3 week trip was probably a bit too ambitious. We are now sticking to the West Coast, and it will either be totake more time to see more of SFO and LAX or shorter city visits with the cruise still in the mix.

Option 1: SFO-LAX-DL
Option 2: SFO-DL-SAN-DCL

I saw on the crowd calendars (for what it's worth) it will be packed from Mid-March. I take it because Spring breaks are starting from Mid March?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter