The Good News Is......

My 14 year old son is super bummed about no NBA games and no March Madness. He looked like he was going to start crying when I picked him up from school and he told me the tournament had been cancelled. Then he found an unopened Panda Express fortune cookie in the car and read his fortune. Seek Contentment. He thought about it and made a conscious decision to think of good things. He and his friend had a "Nostalgia Day" and watched Phineas and Ferb and played OG Wii games. Lots of laughter ensued...music to my ears.

Then I had an ad pop up for a $29 rate at Castle Inn and Suites -- family suite. I thought it was for during the DLR closure, but nope. It was for Jan 3, 2021 on Booking.com. So weird! Kinda fun to get that bit of a high I get when I come across a great hotel or flight deal while planning a trip. Granted, I've never found anything as great as that.

Good news is... reading this thread and being reminded about great things one can do/look forward to...

I gotta register for Disney+ soon because there is still an offer for it while it hasn’t launched in Germany...

and the AP magnets a couple pages back reminded me about buying DL magnets on my next trip!
I never did because there was no prominent place to put them... but it I completely forgot my file cabinet that’s now (after redecorating my room ) in a good position to see it right next to my desk... so now I am looking forward to spending lots of money on nice DL magnets...

I'm finally taking the time to clean out my closet of clothes I don't wear...
Same here -- and calling for a pick up since the donation will be a pretty big one. Hope the clothes get lots of use in their new homes.

FROZEN 2 IS ON DISNEY + A DAY EARLY!!!
Yay! I know the odds are slim to none, but I want another cold snap to hit so I can wear my Anna cape at least once before next winter. If not, I'm planning to wear it to Expo so I don't freeze in the concrete bunker, aka the basement, while waiting for big events.

Shot of Baileys
1/2 cup milk
3 scoops mint chocolate chip ice cream
Drizzle with chocolate syrup
Whipped cream
Thank you! Thinking this will also work with Kahlua for Cinco de Mayo...

The good news is...

Right now, our family is all healthy, DH & I can both work from home, the kids' school is closed for the next week, and I'm going to have more time to dig some holes for trees in my back yard.
Don't forget to leave enough room for the lawn flamingos!

... and the AP magnets a couple pages back reminded me about buying DL magnets on my next trip!...
Also take a good look at the magnets for sale in the Disney Stores in Europe. The magnets sold there are very different from the ones sold here. We found great magnet sets at the Disney Stores in Europe that were never sold in the U.S., e.g. a Ratatouille set (!) that everyone here asks about. Never saw that one in the parks or the mall. If you have a good idea of the European inventory, you'll know what will be special to you when you see it in the parks.

The good news is......
Airlines and hotels are creating better refund and cancellation policies and some of that might just stick around after this is over.

Restaurants and other locations are taking measures to be cleaner and hopefully some of that will stick around afterwards.

The government is finally trying to pass mandatory paid sick leave laws.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter