The Groovy New Pop Century FAQ Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read somewhere that tipping of Mousekeeping is customary.
Is this true, and if so, how much is appropriate?

this is a matter of great debate. so I will just tell you what we do. :hippie: NO matter what hotel we stay in we always leave a tip. I believe I read somewhere that's it's customary to tip $1 per person per day. We have four people in our room so I try to leave $4 a day. That's just what we do..it's up to you.. If you do decide to leave a tip there are really cute "mousekeeping envelopes" that you can download to put the tip in. It's on themouseforless.com website, they have alot of really cute downloads.

have fun:wizard:

Thanks for the advice and thanks for the link for the envelopes!
I printed some off :) I will let DD9 look after these when we are at our hotel :)

I was just on the phone with a WDW agent attempting to book my trip through AAA (yup, I was on the phone, not the AAA person...because pretty much all she knew was that Disney World was that place with Epcot :sad2: )

Anyway, the person on the phone said that they just changed which rooms are preferred. He told me (so this is NOT official) that now ALL poolside rooms in the 50's section are considered preferred :eek: - not just the ones closest to the main building. I didn't ask specifically which rooms were now preferred in the 70's or if there were changes in the 60's. All rooms in the 80's and 90's are still standard.

Just thought you all might like to have this info in case it changes whether or not you want a preferred room. Also, maybe someone can confirm or deny this. The cast member seemed pretty knowledgeable, but you never know!

I was just on the phone with a WDW agent attempting to book my trip through AAA (yup, I was on the phone, not the AAA person...because pretty much all she knew was that Disney World was that place with Epcot :sad2: )

Anyway, the person on the phone said that they just changed which rooms are preferred. He told me (so this is NOT official) that now ALL poolside rooms in the 50's section are considered preferred :eek: - not just the ones closest to the main building. I didn't ask specifically which rooms were now preferred in the 70's or if there were changes in the 60's. All rooms in the 80's and 90's are still standard.

Just thought you all might like to have this info in case it changes whether or not you want a preferred room. Also, maybe someone can confirm or deny this. The cast member seemed pretty knowledgeable, but you never know!

Wow, that is very interesting. Can't wait to see if others get the same information to confirm it. Certainly not a good change. We had first floor room right outside the 50's pool last time. It was a great location but I wouldn't request it again if I had to pay an extra $10 a night for it.

Liz,
Which standard room do you think is the closest to the food court now? Could I request a certain room in advance or do I have to accept what they give us. We arrive Oct. 22. Thanks for any answer.

I hope this isn't considered a hijack - but does anyone know if the rates were raised at Pop for 2008 for a standard room? Thanks:love:

Interesting post, kitten818. As someone who pays for preferred location because I need to be close to the main building (medical issues), I would not be pleased if that placed me further from the main building but poolside. I am okay with poolside but I pay for the closer proximity. It will be interesting to see if this is the new preferred.
Thanks for posting!

Liz,
Which standard room do you think is the closest to the food court now? Could I request a certain room in advance or do I have to accept what they give us. We arrive Oct. 22. Thanks for any answer.

I don't know about the situation with the 70's buildings but if they are still standard it would be close. As far as the 50's, the rooms on the parking lot side would still be close to the food court. Hope that helps! Have a great trip!

I've read here and on other sites that Pop is pretty convenient as far as rooms being a short walk to bus stop. I was listening to a podcast the other day and there was a rant that it was at least a 20 min. walk from bus stop to room. They were in the 50's lakeside. He's a young guy. I think Tyler once said that it was 10 minute walk to anywhere at Pop.

So was the guy on the podcast seriously out-of-shape or does Tyler have really long legs?

I've read here and on other sites that Pop is pretty convenient as far as rooms being a short walk to bus stop. I was listening to a podcast the other day and there was a rant that it was at least a 20 min. walk from bus stop to room. They were in the 50's lakeside. He's a young guy. I think Tyler once said that it was 10 minute walk to anywhere at Pop.

So was the guy on the podcast seriously out-of-shape or does Tyler have really long legs?

I'm certainly not someone in terrific shape or athletic. I walked all around Pop from one end to another and would agree with the 10 min. assessment by Tyler.

Good 2 know. We usuall stay at SOG and use Poly transportation quite a bit. Now that's a really long walk at the end of a long day and the last leg is uphill. Thanks!!

If it took him 20 minutes, he must have been walking on his hands.

I say 5 minutes for most people, maybe 10 at the outside.

5 MORE DAYS AND WE WILL BE CHECKING INTO THE POP AND READY TO START THE BEST VACATION EVER. 4 MORE DAYS AND WE LEAVE HOME TO START OUR JOURNEY, I AM SO EXCITED.:yay: :yay: :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo:

We aren't coming for a few more weeks and I was wondering if the Mickey Mystery Pin Machine has gone in yet at POP??? We love pins at our house and that just seems like such a cool idea they came up with as the pin trading site says there will be one at POP....also has anyone tried it is it easy enough for a 9yr old to do and succeed at for 5bucks and 3 tries??? Thanks for any answers I wasn't to sure where to put this.

Are you talking about the machine with the plastic bubbles? I know it's a pin machine- didn't realize that's what it was. It's right in the merchandise area of Pop, next to one of the cashier's.

We aren't coming for a few more weeks and I was wondering if the Mickey Mystery Pin Machine has gone in yet at POP??? We love pins at our house and that just seems like such a cool idea they came up with as the pin trading site says there will be one at POP....also has anyone tried it is it easy enough for a 9yr old to do and succeed at for 5bucks and 3 tries??? Thanks for any answers I wasn't to sure where to put this.

Yep it's right there by the cashiers in the center between the store and cafeteria. I did not play it but overheard one lady say it was hard but she did get a pin after her 5th try. It is a winding slope with a ball where you have to try to get the ball down the slope to the whole at the bottom without it falling off the end. The pins didn't look like anything special to me but your daughter might like them.

IMHO, it is cheaper to just buy an pin that you like from the store but if the thrill of winning them is what you like then go for it.

HTH

can't wait....a little over a month and we'll be there... We were there a year ago right now..:cheer2: :cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter