This video will be removed around 2:00 PM EST.

The Groovy New Pop Century FAQ Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back from POP last week. I noted my building requests on my reservation and faxed in a request 3 days before we left. We got what we requested & a perfect location for a standard view room. It was 60's, ground floor, lakeview. It was a corner room, nice & quiet, very close to the main pool & food court. Room 4137 :)

Am staying at Pop Century Dec.10-17. I was wondering if they have shower caps in the room. Last time I was there was in 1995 and stayed at Carribean Beach and they always had a shower cap in the bathroom for me. Just wondering if they have them at Pop Century or do I need to bring one.
Thanks
Dian :santa:

are there some sections that were recently updated and some tht weren't?

Have not heard of any refurb as the POP, but wonder if they paint rooms as needed - we were in a room that desperatedly needed a light refurb in Feb, but when in May the room was in much better shape.

The resort opened in December 2003 and it is so busy some light refurb in the rooms would surely be needed if not done on an 'as needed' basis.

Have not heard of any refurb as the POP, but wonder if they paint rooms as needed - we were in a room that desperatedly needed a light refurb in Feb, but when in May the room was in much better shape.

The resort opened in December 2003 and it is so busy some light refurb in the rooms would surely be needed if not done on an 'as needed' basis.

When I was there in mid Sept, they were repainting the entire outside of one of the buildings. I forget which one. But I have not clue about the inside...

When I was there in mid Sept, they were repainting the entire outside of one of the buildings. I forget which one. But I have not clue about the inside...

it was the bowling pin building we were in the pool area watching them paint it.

What is the best building to stay in ? Which building has the larger room? Which building has the most to do? I will be staying there in May of 2008 We will be a group of seven and we are asking for ajoining rooms.

What is the best building to stay in ? Which building has the larger room? Which building has the most to do? I will be staying there in May of 2008 We will be a group of seven and we are asking for ajoining rooms.

Hi! Best building is a matter of personal choice - many prefer 60's, 70's and some parts of the 50's.

All the rooms are the same size (216 sq ft) :)

Are you hoping for rooms nearby or connecting - every other would have a connecting door to the rooms. Will be hard to get if going during a busy time, unless it is a family with more children than adults.

We hoped for 6 connecting or adjoining rooms in Dec 2005 and they gave us connecting rooms: jukebox, building 2, 50's), which was great. Every other room connected :)

POP is not like AS where they sometimes have special things going at the pool..i.e. movies in busy seasons etc. You might prefer buildings closer to the food court, main pool etc - if so, book a preferred room.

Am thinking you'll have a better chance of ajoining rooms for friends if not in a preferred building.

Have a great trip!!!

Does anyone know if all the rooms now have the new radios with the white noise feature built in? Just wondering if I still need to pack my white noise machine. Thank you!

All the rooms are the same size. I'm not sure what you mean by which building has the most to do..but there are pools near the 60's, 80/90's and 50's . The goofy pop jets are near the 70's as is the twister game. I thin kthe playground is near the 70's too. I have heard they have activities i nthe lobby or near the main pool at times, but I was never at the resort during the day to see them.

I will be staying with two boys ages 10 and 12 at the time of the trip and was wondering what there may be to do at the hotel that they would love or must do or must see. I heard the Arcade (SP) was great. We plan on going back to the hotel in the afternoon to take a nap or swin to unwind and they go back to the park in the evening. Thanks for all the useful info on this thread.

The arcade is in the Classic hall. I think there are ping pong tables near the 60's pool.

Ok...i was last there 12/05 and I want my same room. I out there somewhere is post with a room configuration map...how the rooms are numbered. Does anyone know what I am talking about? I want to request the same room we had in 05.

Here it is. It is on page 2 of this thread.

All the info you need...

This and other cool stuff is available via the links in my sig...

PopCenturyRoomLayout.jpg

Ok...i was last there 12/05 and I want my same room. I out there somewhere is post with a room configuration map...how the rooms are numbered. Does anyone know what I am talking about? I want to request the same room we had in 05.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter