The Groovy New Pop Century FAQ Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!! our schools closed 1 week for spring break..that's it...does your school go all year??

No I think a strong Teachers Union has a lot to do with it!! School goes from week after Labor Day till late June!!Believe me working parents do NOT like the long Spring/Easter break!!

oh...our school start the week before labor day and get out usually the first full week of june...I'd rather get out early june w/no extra break than late june..IMO.. oh well....17 days until we take the in law's to POP...wohoo :thumbsup2

GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

The schools are only closed for a long weekend at Easter in March and are closed for 2 weeks in April. So actually this year Easter shouln't be as crowded!!
I assumed most schools were on spring break the week of Easter (that's the case for most in Virginia). It's nice to know that some of the schools are closed at a different time since I'm going Easter week. Hopefully the crowds are too bad this way!

I assumed most schools were on spring break the week of Easter (that's the case for most in Virginia). It's nice to know that some of the schools are closed at a different time since I'm going Easter week. Hopefully the crowds are too bad this way!

Schools are all staggared with when they get off for spring break. We used to have a floating week off always the week after Easter and then they decided to make it the same week every year the last week of March and this year that falls Easter week. Every school I know of here in IL has that week off. Hopefully we are the only state to get that week off every year. Typically you can tell all the busy weeks by the rate disney charges.

Just looked up Disney rates for 08 and peak season is 2/14-3/26 with higher holiday prices 3/16-3/27which means they expect more people staying 3/16-3/27 for Easter so anyone with Easter break in April can pay regular season rates which is nice. This is for the Value resorts that I looked up incase it is different at different levels.

You might. I know it used to be that you paid the same price from the day you checked in, but I heard that was changing. Not sure when it goes into affect. Did you get package? It's all priced together then now, and you might not even know it. I know when I got a package last year, I really had no clue what I was paying per night.

Hi all, I'm sorry if this has been post before, but does anyone know if the pools at POP are heated. We are going the end of Nov and am uncertain if I should pack bathing suits if the weather is not going to be fairly warm. We plan on staying in the 60's if it matters. Thanks very much!

We're staying at POP for the first time March 2-8/08...just wondering which buildings/rooms have the best views of Illuminations...(I'm sure it's on this thread somewhere, but I couldn't seem to find it as quickly as I wanted to...:rolleyes1 )

We're staying at POP for the first time March 2-8/08...just wondering which buildings/rooms have the best views of Illuminations...(I'm sure it's on this thread somewhere, but I couldn't seem to find it as quickly as I wanted to...:rolleyes1 )

#3415...or any room in tramp or jukebox (50's buildings) building facing lake..these are no preferred rooms by the way...IMO...preferred is not worth the extra money.

Even if you don't have the "Illuminations View" you can go to the top floor of the Lake side of the Jukebox building for a great view. We were on the third floor facing the parking lot, but I would head up there every night with my frozen coke, and there were usually a couple of other people heading up there. Of course, we just did a little oohing and ahhing and didn't make a party of it, so I'm sure nobody minded.

Forgive me if this has been asked, I couldn't read the whole thread! We are staying, probably, at the POP for 2 nights before we stay at the BCV. We are trying to decide between the POP and All Stars. We wondered if we stayed at POP, could we walk to All Stars? Thanks!

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Our kids are 9 and 13.
The Pro's to POP were that there are not large groups there. The Pro's to All Stars is that you can walk to all of them...we think?

Well I changed our reservations today.. instead of Dec 23-31 we'll be there Dec 19-31. I saw a link earlier that someone sent me i'm not sure if its in this msg or not but it was a listing of the times of the stories in Epcot for christmas stories of their santas. Does anyone have it still or know where I can find it. Also if there is a link of where I can see whats going on from Dec 19-23 now thanks a lot.

Does anyone know what page of this thread the map of connecting rooms are?

Thanks!!

Does anyone know what page of this thread the map of connecting rooms are?

Thanks!!

It is on page 2.

Here it is.

PopCenturyRoomLayout.jpg

The only thing I wondered about is that we were in in 2126 and 2127 (jukebox bldg.) and although they were connecting, 27 was not a disability access room, that I remember. It had a regular tub and all.

So I think the connecting symbols are correct, but not sure on everything else.

This last trip we were in 1154/1155, and it was a really good location. Lady Bldg. Wing facing back towards Jukebox bldg. Right around the bldg. from the pool and laundry, right on the parking lot (we drove) and only one wing away from Classic Hall (Therefore not preferred, but almost as close.)

Happy planning! :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter