The home of the ORIGINAL SWAN-DOLPHIN CHEERLEADERS (and SSB,too!)!!!!!!!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:sunny: :sunny:
We had a great overnight getaway and nice day off from work today. On the way over to my sister's house she called and said my other sister (the one form Colorado) had left a message to not unpack ...because they (Colorado sister) had gotten upgraded to a huge 2BR suite overlooking the marina at the Wentworth by the Sea. This the the Marriott affiliated resort we spent our 10th anniversary at a few years ago. The suite was actually a townhouse style unit bigger than the condo DD and I lived in after my divorce :lmao: My BIL travels frequently on business and his company does some work for Marriott so they stay in Marriotts usually so he is an Elite member with allt he points/rewards stuff. They booked a standard room w/points and ended up with the suite because the std rooms in the main hotel were all full (lots of weddings and functions at this place. So anyway, we all went out for dinner, sis and BIL from Rye went home, and we stayed the night in the fancy unit - I have to say the MArriott version of heavenly beds are pretty awesonme :thumbsup2 We had tea on the balcony then had breakfast and the Dinghy Dock Cafe and gawked at the yachts and other boats in the marina...swam in the pool, and relaxed under umbrellas, did late checkout, , went to the flower gardens at Prescott Park in Portsmouth, then back to my sister's in Rye...had chowder, said our goodbyes (Colorado sis has a flight out of Logan tonight) and headed back here for our Friday ngiht Mexican. I'm pooped, but in a good way.
Weekend's going to be a scorcher though :sunny: :sunny:

Hi Ann... sounds great :thumbsup2

hi SSB, so how was it being AT the game? pretty dull watching on TV... except for the last minute comeback :teeth:

Sounds nice, Ann. Don't you love those unexpected upgrades?? Makes your sojourn so much more pleasant, don't you think??

Bob--Are you home, now??? What are your travel plans for December (I'm sure you have or will have, some)?

It's been a stormy night here today. Flash flooding and power outages. Luckily, no problems like that for us.

Off to Holiday World for the week-end in the morning. See you Sunday night.

Have fun Sue!!

WOW have you seen our weather forecast? :scared1:
I think we'll have to run to WDW just to cool off :thumbsup2

Deb I was thinking the same thing about how hot it was/is here....might as well be in WDW!!! Rather be this hot down there than here!! ;)

Sue... :rotfl: ...I did think of you ..and sojourns and such.... and BIL being "Elite" and all :lmao: BIL s so quiet and sis is...well she's just my sis...so very down to earth.....when they saw the unit she made him call over to the desk to make sure that they were really actually getting this unit for the number of points of a standard room. KInd of like DH made me do back the very first trip to the Dolphin in early 2001 when we brought stepson and DD....and got an amazing upgrade suite thanks to some magic and Mr SwanDolphin....DH kept saying "this CAN'T" be right, are you SURE this is right??...." :lmao:

Hey SSB....how IS SwanDolphin?? Or as DD calls him "Mr DuckFishMan" :rotfl: ;) :teeth:

you know, we were just discussing where else we could go for a few days... :scratchin ... you know instead of wasting a lot of travel time for such a short stay :confused3 and you know what we came up with?

NOWHERE!!! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:
there's no place better than WDW :goodvibes

Hello Old Friends!!!! Remember me :rolleyes:

ON NOOOOOOOO!!!! It seems I missed the always kind Ann's birthday!!! :hug: Happy Birthday Friend!!!

And Happy Birthday Jerry!!!!

Sue, I love your pictures....Beautiful dresses....You look beautiful in all of the pix!!! And what a nice couple you make...
Oh my gosh....I was just showing George the pictures and he starts asking a million questions about what ship, where did you go, on and on.... :crazy:

Well, I did not get to read back all of the pages that I have missed since May, so hope all are well.

Hi everyone....although not here in written word in a long time, you have all been in my heart and thoughts..... :grouphug: I have missed you all.... :grouphug:

Thought I would pop my head in and say Hello :) I recognize some old friends here :) SSB, a pleasure, as always, to see you in Pittsburgh :sunny:

Hey there Patrick...a blast from the DIS-days gone by!! :wave2: Very nice to "see" you here!!

And Teri...we miss you here...hope all is well!! :hug:

Happy Sunday...it is :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: and HOT HOT HOT....the big NASCAR race is at Loudon about 9 miles from here today...lots of traffic and people in the area and boy am I glad we don't go to the race anymore. We went the first few years the track was open mid 1990's I think it was. We did have one race day that the weather was like this...sunny and hot and humid. It was NOT fun. We stopped going after that! WE can watch it on TV in the cool house if we want to see it LOL Which I really don't bother with much anymore.

NHAnn said:
Hey there Patrick...a blast from the DIS-days gone by!! :wave2: Very nice to "see" you here!!

And Teri...we miss you here...hope all is well!! :hug:

Happy Sunday...it is :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: and HOT HOT HOT....the big NASCAR race is at Loudon about 9 miles from here today...lots of traffic and people in the area and boy am I glad we don't go to the race anymore. We went the first few years the track was open mid 1990's I think it was. We did have one race day that the weather was like this...sunny and hot and humid. It was NOT fun. We stopped going after that! WE can watch it on TV in the cool house if we want to see it LOL Which I really don't bother with much anymore.

Thanks Ann, I hope to pop in a little more often :)

I hope so too patrick.......this is a great group of people and You just added more to the list.....
Glad that you all had a great time watching people hit balls. :thumbsup2

hello Patrick :wave2:
and hello Teri .... long time no see
don't be such strangers :)

pumba said:
I hope so too patrick.......this is a great group of people and You just added more to the list.....
Glad that you all had a great time watching people hit balls. :thumbsup2
:rotfl2:

stupid me... I was floating in the pool today and my mp3 player fell in the water :sad2: and it was there about 1/2 hour before I knew.... guess what? it doesn't play anymore :rolleyes1
don't know if I have time to get a new one and load it up before Saturday... I like to listen to it on the plane ..... bummer :furious:

Debbie....you must be doing the single dance!! Actually you have been doing it for several days now I guess. Sigh...I am so jealous...I want to be going with you. Where did you decide to book for the first night ?

DH booked his Colorado flights for October today. SWA now has a connection to DEN via BWI. Reminds me that I want to book October too.........but not to Denver ;).

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Mickeyfaniam said:
stupid me... I was floating in the pool today and my mp3 player fell in the water :sad2: and it was there about 1/2 hour before I knew.... guess what? it doesn't play anymore :rolleyes1
don't know if I have time to get a new one and load it up before Saturday... I like to listen to it on the plane ..... bummer :furious:

You had an electronic device in the POOL?? uhhhh-ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

I always take my music to the pool with me :teeth: .

I put it down on the side of the pool and then when I got out, I went to pull out the garden hose to water my garden and I forgot that the player was on the side of the pool.... the hose dragged it in and I never saw go down. :rolleyes2

NHAnn said:
Debbie....you must be doing the single dance!! Actually you have been doing it for several days now I guess. Sigh...I am so jealous...I want to be going with you. Where did you decide to book for the first night?
1st... I'm leaving Sat morning... so its Saturday night that I couldn't get at the S/D (sold out) ;)
We booked the 1st night (sat nite) at the BestWestern @ DTD ... I may change it to the Hilton. Never stayed at either :confused3
Actually thinking of AKL too.... but I'm thinking we just won't be there long enough before moving to the Swan :goodvibes

Just popping in to say good night. Hope ya'll had a great weekend! :sunny:

NHAnn said:
DH booked his Colorado flights for October today. SWA now has a connection to DEN via BWI. Reminds me that I want to book October too.........but not to Denver ;).
I'll let you know my thoughts on Oct after this weekend... I'll see if all seems to be too rushed and too fast and is the travel time worth it for such a short stay....
and how much mess I come home to :rolleyes1

Good afternoon. Oxymoron? Isn't that some sort of cleaner????? ;)

Debbie--it's time for your trip already??? I am JEALOUS.(Where's a good jealous smilie when you need it??)

I don't think December is ever going to get here so that I can say I'm going to the world. :( :hourglass

Now for your puzzler of the day---how can one spend 9 days in the Caribbean and not get sunburned, yet go to Indiana for 2 days and get burned??? :furious:

Patrick and Teri--good to see you guys!

:) Ummm, Mom, you went to the tanning bed before you went to the Carribean, you haven't been in the sun or tanning bed in the couple of weeks since you've been back. That's how. :rolleyes2

I am in Lexington tonight visiting my friend who just had the teeny tiny baby the 3rd. Haven't been able to see the baby but we are having fun, its kinda like a slumber party w/ Melissa, me, and her sister. Her poor husband, he probably wishes he were up flying tonight instead of home.

Well, better hop off here, don't wanna be a rude guest. Hope ya'll are doing great tonight! :sunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter