The information about Condo meeting is on Member site

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
With an audience? Can it be virtual? Just thinking about December 10. :)

I can't imagine that the condo meeting wouldn't be required by law. As for doing it virtually, I doubt Disney would even consider it unless "we" demanded it. It's a nice thought, but they are not required by law to do it, and they gain no advantage by going to the trouble or expense.

Florida law requires an annual meeting of the "unit owners." With a normal condominium, the meeting must be within 45 miles of the location of the condominium, which would arguably rule out a virtual meeting, but for timeshares, the annual meeting is not subject to any distance or single place requirements, Fl Stats 718.112(2)(d), which would arguably rule in allowing a virtual meeting if DVC decided to go that route.

It is something DVC might consider if the members had any voting rights because you need a majority of the members with voting rights to attend to achieve a quorum. But since DVC members have no voting power except in unique circumstances -- under the POS you assign all voting rights to DVD except in certain unusual circumstances like adopting an annual budget that is greater than a 15% increase over the prior year -- it is highly unlikely DVC would consider going through the headache and cost of a virtual meeting.

Last edited:
Ok...so that means what? I think you are saying that no DVC members need attend.

Ok...so that means what? I think you are saying that no DVC members need attend.

That is how I am reading it. They hold it with limit on attendance for social distancing requirements.

I could see them having a sign up like MM? Or just say first come first serve that day and when seats are filled, it’s closed.

Exactly, they need to set a meeting to which members are invited to attend, but for votes on budgets, etc., at or shortly before such a large meeting, you only need in attendance of those with voting power, which, for DVC, are those DVD officers that DVD chooses for voting on anything.The actual votes on anything at the annual meeting take place in a pre-meeting that members do not attend and then the member meeting is mostly fluff and telling members anything new that DVD/DVC wants to tell them.

Wyndham held its owner meeting virtually on Sept. 2, and from the discussion on TUG* it sounded like it was pretty disappointing. Nothing of substance - barely even mentioned their new modified VIP program that's expected to begin November 1. If DVC also offers a virtual meeting, I'd try to watch - but I wouldn't expect much from it, after attending a couple in person.

*TUG = Timeshare Users Group, www.tugbbs.com/forums

Right now it is scheduled for the Contemporary Convention Center. Previous years you had to sign up to attend.

I wish they'd go to a virtual format to give everyone a chance to see what happens at the meetings. I've attended a few over the years. And while they are tightly scripted, a virtual Q&A would be a nice addition, especially for newer members who aren't familiar with the workings of DVC/DVD. The virtual format would give DVC/DVD a chance to make new announcements on changes , updates, status of resorts, like Reflections.

I wish they'd go to a virtual format to give everyone a chance to see what happens at the meetings. I've attended a few over the years. And while they are tightly scripted, a virtual Q&A would be a nice addition, especially for newer members who aren't familiar with the workings of DVC/DVD. The virtual format would give DVC/DVD a chance to make new announcements on changes , updates, status of resorts, like Reflections.
While I agree a virtual meeting would be nice for a broader part of the membership to see what they’re like, I’m not convinced of its value.

Beyond being tightly scripted, there are tight controls on questions they would address, so I imagine an online format would allow them to control that further. Additionally, the dog and pony offered very little of substance. Back in Dec. 2018, they talked about soap dispensers and Murphy beds extensively, but gave zero information of value around the much-anticipated Riviera Resort details (why I took the time to attend), said nothing of the 2019 point charts, and made no mention of the seismic shift in resale restrictions.

Nothing material was discussed, but there was a lot of smoke being blown about how much they value the membership.

And no cookie virtually: hard pass.

I have been to a few and will be there this year. However, I have friends coming that day for a 5 night stay. We have EPCOT park that day, and I can always meet them there.

When did they announce the Annual meeting ?
I would appreciate the info to be included with first post if possible.
Thanks
I attended last year for first time and think it is important to attend if you are planning a visit. Usually all of the guides are in attendance for a friendly hello!

The date was set a long time ago. But nothing new about whether there will be changes due to current situation.

When did they announce the Annual meeting ?
I would appreciate the info to be included with first post if possible.
Thanks
I attended last year for first time and think it is important to attend if you are planning a visit. Usually all of the guides are in attendance for a friendly hello!
They did announce it last year at the meeting. Plus I read it on the member website.

So, sign up has begun!
RSVP Online for the 2020 Annual Meetings
Registration is now open for the 2020 Annual Meetings for Disney Vacation Club Condominium Associations, taking place Thursday, December 10, 2020 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort Convention Center. With COVID-19 health and safety measures in place, an RSVP and your agreement to the COVID-19 waiver are required to attend the meetings, and both must be completed by November 20, 2020. Learn more or register to attend.

So, sign up has begun!
RSVP Online for the 2020 Annual Meetings
Registration is now open for the 2020 Annual Meetings for Disney Vacation Club Condominium Associations, taking place Thursday, December 10, 2020 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort Convention Center. With COVID-19 health and safety measures in place, an RSVP and your agreement to the COVID-19 waiver are required to attend the meetings, and both must be completed by November 20, 2020. Learn more or register to attend.
So - DVC isn't entering the modern world of 2020 by offering a virtual meeting. Too bad - it's so scripted, it's made for an online presentation.

I wouldn't expect all the guides there. Social distancing issue, plus many are still on furlough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter