The July 17-20th shutdown is over. Everything is Great Now!

Given the recent push from dvc my less then pleasant prediction is they are going to revamp the system to more clearly separate whether using direct or resale points when booking. This won’t restrict what you can book room wise beyond what’s in riviera but I could see a systems being used in future to restrict perks to guests staying in dvc only to those who use direct points to book (especially if rumors of fast pass tiers play out).

The excitement is building...only six more days until DVC Christmas! :woohoo:

Get your wish lists in, only 3 more shopping days left before the shutdown!

I've been trying to change a reservation that requires me to borrow 2 more points. Everything goes well until I get to the borrow point screen. The point total I have available to borrow is incorrect since I already borrowed some points. Once I enter 2 points to borrow and confirm, it immediately goes to the dwarfs, doesn't even make an attempt to actually process anything.

I've been trying to change a reservation that requires me to borrow 2 more points. Everything goes well until I get to the borrow point screen. The point total I have available to borrow is incorrect since I already borrowed some points. Once I enter 2 points to borrow and confirm, it immediately goes to the dwarfs, doesn't even make an attempt to actually process anything.
This sounds like that typical random glitch that happens with some resale owners when they try to borrow. Some are hoping that the shutdown fixes that problem. I think the only option you have right now is to call MS.

This sounds like that typical random glitch that happens with some resale owners when they try to borrow. Some are hoping that the shutdown fixes that problem. I think the only option you have right now is to call MS.

I was just able to make this initial booking and borrow points last week. Now when I just want to change the arrival by a day, it's giving me all sorts of fits. Just very frustrating.

The more likely changes will be:

1. On the updated site, resale purchasers will not be able to make reservations online, and, when they call MS, no one will ever answer the phone.

2. The online reservation system will show that all studios are already filled at exactly 8:00 a.m. eastern, 11 months out from any given date of arrival.

3. The standard Grand Villa will no longer be shown as an option to reserve at Aulani since no member has ever been able to get one at 11-months out.

4. The per point purchase prices for all resorts will be raised 20%, but Disney will add a new, sweet, $5 per point discount for new purchases and add-ons made within the next three months.

5. There will be new point charts for the WDW DVC Resorts, but not the ones being mentioned in relation to the seven-season point charts that improperly raised total points per year. Instead, there will be new 7-month point charts, independent of the 11-month charts, under which all rooms at SSR. OKW, and Kidani, will require lower points per night than the 11-month charts show, and all other resorts will have a 20% increase per night over what the 11-month charts show.

6. There will be new member benefits in the form of special member dinners and character shows at a couple of the parks that will cost only $350 person, but blue card members will get a $20 discount.

7. Any blue card members will be able to purchase discounted APs again, but the new, discounted prices will be 15% higher than what they are now.

:badpc: Why :badpc: do :badpc: you :badpc: give :badpc: them :badpc: such :badpc: terrible :badpc: ideas!? :headache::scared:

Maybe the 7 dwarves will get an update, and look even older and more tired since they've been "working on it" for a loooooooong, long time.

:laughing:They probably have laryngitis too, given all the hi-hoooooo!

I went in this morning and saved PDFs of all the things in my account. Points transaction records, reservations, annual dues payments, etc. Hopefully I don't need them to prove any points; I'm hoping all the information doesn't get corrupted in whatever they're doing to the system. I just....struggle to trust Disney's IT. It's still baffling that they can have rides like Flight of Passage yet a terrible website. :confused3

I have been in and out of the site much more than typical over the past month as we try to get rid of expiring points. It seems it just gets worse and worse. Last night I changed the contact information and guest information in a reservation and then got the dreaded dwarfs when trying to save.

I would love to see the ability to have our family members retained as regulars instead of me having to add everyone each time we book, as if it were the first time.
It's so small, but this is my #1 hope for when the site comes back online. We can do it on the Disney World site when booking cash rooms, why not on the DVC site?

Love all the funny responses.

Having only 2 resale contracts of 130 points, we’d always planned to borrow every other year. Never been able to do that without calling bc of the 7 dwarves issue I’ve come to dread. Then calling takes foreverrrr bc they have to get manager to approve me to borrow my own points Bc the system gives the CM an error that requires manager approval?? What foolishness is this.

So my 1st wish is they fix the borrowing glitch. 2nd is let me buy 24 extra points/year online and book at same time. Don’t make me call in for this stuff when you should be able to do on a website in the year 2021!

The 502 error can be cleared in fairly short order by clearing the specific cookie. In Chrome, you can open the debugger to do this by hitting F12 (Google the specific steps needed, but this is generally the quickest method).

They are probably running training on how to respond to all the people baffled that they closed the site for 3 days to get a slightly duller shade of blue on some screens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter