The LUCKY Muffin Spoke to Me - Halloween at WDW & Summer 2011 at DLR - 01/09/11

HeatherBelle614

Always wishing on a star!
Hi, I'm Heather!

Me - 25 y/o, Dallas area born and raised; graduated from college with a degree in Political Science (focus in International Law) and have worked for a law firm (which I adore) for 2 years this August as a "break between undergrad and law school"; studying for the LSAT and working on applying for law school to begin in Fall 2011. Grew up going to WDW with my parents (grandparents lived in Sarasota area) and quickly made sure that DH was pulled in to the WDW obsession right around our first date over 4 years ago.

DH - Brad, 26 y/o non-Dallas resident (from Pa, and is OCD about the Steelers); degree in Teaching & English Literature, but is currently working in a behavioral class at an elementary school, and works weekends at a retail job (we don't get to do much together); he had only been to WDW once before our honeymoon and doesn't remember any of that trip; then, I talked him in to WDW for our honeymoon 2 years ago; he fell in love (with WDW, I already had him) then and we took my parents on a Christmas trip December 2009; so, this will be our second wedding anniversary and his third trip with me. (He walks around singing "Big Blue World" from the Nemo show at AK.)

This is DH and me on our honeymoon:

PTRImages.jpg

Juuust kidding! That was on our honeymoon, though (and Eeyore is one of my fav characters.) Eeyore shoved DH to the side and got down on his knee. I proclaimed my love for him, and he will always be my secret fiance. (DH swears revenge on "that donkey" even today.)

Ok, really, this is DH and me on our honeymoon:

5529_545886452455_44402339_32180968.jpg

I have been talking about a Halloween trip since I can't remember when, and we just decided this last week to book it! We've got our airfare, resort, and MNSSHP tickets ready to go!

The Other Stats:
When: October 23 - October 30
Where: (changed from 7 nights at CBR) 4 nights AKV, studio, savannah view AND 3 nights SSR, studio

Firsts:
MNSSHP (October 24)
Deluxe/DVC Stay
F&W Festival

The WDW (Halloween Trip) Updates:
Update 1 - The Muffin
Update 2 - Planning D'Oh/MNSSHP Tickets
Update 3 - We are now staying WHERE???
Update 4 - Ha, ha, no ADRs? Ha, ha, DH.
Update 5 - Haunted Carriage Ride!
Update 6 - The Great Debate - OPINIONS, please!!!
Update 7 - The Final Decision
Update 8 - Paying Things Off and Another ADR!
Update 9 - The Plans
Update 10 - Thinking Pooh Bear Style w/ the Tummy, of Course!
Update 11 - The Guessing Game
Update 12 - Some Really, Really "Awesomeness" News!!!
Update 13 - Chefs ADR Decision & a PTR Opinion Poll
Update 14 - WDW Purchases and a Surprise in the Mail!
Update 15 - To QSDP or to not QSDP, that is the question!
Update 16 - That's Life!
Update 17 - WDW Update Coming Soon/Meet the Kids
Update 18 - Life Update & WDW Change
Update 19 - Car Wreck
Update 20 - Life Update
Update 21 - 5 More Days!!
Update 22 - We're Home!

And, as of July 2010, we are officially going to DISNEYLAND in June 2011. I've decided to keep all of the planning to one PTR, so please check out these links for the DLR part of this PTR!

The DLR (Summer 2011 Trip) Updates:
Update 1 - The Basics

(DisneyWife) er, Anna here. LOL. I love the pre-trippie. I :lovestruc Eeyore too.

Anna

Here I am!

Yay! <3 you!!

(DisneyWife) er, Anna here. LOL. I love the pre-trippie. I :lovestruc Eeyore too.

Anna

Stitch is my other fav furry; well, and Marie. I don't think I'd ever be able to pick a top favorite out of those three.

I saw your ticker for HP; we're going over there for a day, too!! I've done some research for transportation and such. (We spent part of our December trip at a US resort; we love it over there, too.)

Hi Heather! Subscribing to your trip report too!

Love the Eeyore story and the fact that your DH wants revenge! My DH hates Pluto for some reason... :confused3

Cannot wait to hear what your chocolate chip muffin said!

Peggy

Hi Heather! Subscribing to your trip report too!

Love the Eeyore story and the fact that your DH wants revenge! My DH hates Pluto for some reason... :confused3

Cannot wait to hear what your chocolate chip muffin said!

Peggy

Yay! Hi!

Haha; too funny. Did Pluto flirt with you one time? Silly, silly DHs.

Is Belle your favorite princess, too?

Yay! Hi!

Haha; too funny. Did Pluto flirt with you one time? Silly, silly DHs.

Is Belle your favorite princess, too?

Yes, yours too?

Oh, and I love the Beast. I once waited an hour and a half for him. I ended up being the first in line and the first thing he did was hug me. I felt like I was 5! I'll have to post my pic with him.

Do you have your resort picked out yet? I really do love POFQ.... it's just so small and quaint.

Peggy

Yes, yours too?

Oh, and I love the Beast. I once waited an hour and a half for him. I ended up being the first in line and the first thing he did was hug me. I felt like I was 5! I'll have to post my pic with him.

Do you have your resort picked out yet? I really do love POFQ.... it's just so small and quaint.

Peggy

I adore Belle; she's always been my favorite! Please share your Beast picture!

Have you heard of the new spin-off movie that is coming out based on a book? It's called Beastly. (I'm not sure if I can post the website link on here, so just Google Beastly, and one of the first links should be the official movie website.) It looks a bit corny, but I'm sure I'll adore it either way. DH just bought the book for me, so I will let you know how it is (if you'd like!) The author just released another spin-off of Sleeping Beauty that I'm going to get if I like Beastly.

We have picked our resort! I absolutely love POFQ, too; we wanted to do something different since we stayed there on our honeymoon and this is only DH's third time to stay on property. I'll share my plans in my next post (where I'll explain that my muffin this morning did give me a sign and I'm not crazy. Haha.)

Ok, so I thought I should describe my thread title before people think I'm absolutely mad.

I had been debating this Halloween trip since last Halloween; I think I have trip anxiety. I always play "well, what if this or that happens" through my head, and then don't end up booking. A couple of weeks ago, I started pricing out resorts with a PIN that I received.

Then, I started playing the "which resort" game - value or mod. (Mainly, since I am in the process of applying to law school and that gets pricey, I was debating which resort to pick.) DH and I have stayed at POFQ and POP! together, but he's never even seen my favorite resort from when I was little - CBR. So, I booked it!

And once again, I started my own debate (I think maybe this internal debate thing has something to do with my career choice) whether or not I'd still like CBR after they put Nemo in the room decor. Don't get me wrong, I love Nemo, but I wanted something more of an adult feel if I was going to go for Moderate.

I posted on the boards and got some great responses about CBR, and one DIS'er told me to buy a bottle of wine, lay on a hammock, and watch the fireworks at Epcot one night. I was sold right then and there!

So, DH and I started looking at flights on Thursday, and I couldn't hit the purchase button. We tried again on Friday, and the same thing happened. Long, long story short, but the last time I flew, our plane nearly went down. We had to emergency land and they damaged out the plane we were on; it was the most traumatic experience and I've been terrified of flying since then.

DH was patient with me Thursday and Friday, so we tried again on Saturday. I realized that my hesitation was the flight that we would have to take on our return day (Friday - October 29) because it was at night (which is when that other incident happened.) But, there weren't any non-stop flights (other than the night flight) coming back here on Friday for the price we wanted. (There's no way I'd be getting off a plane and on to another my first time back in the air; I'm already nervous as it is.)

At that point, DH looks at me and says, "Well, lets add on Friday night and check-out Saturday (October 30) so we can take a morning, non-stop flight back home." Uhm, yes!! (See, he's learned my WDW obsession well and knows just what to say!)

I called WDW to add on Friday night, which started the whole maybe I should downgrade since we're adding an extra night and paying a bit more for the Saturday flight debate, and DH promptly said no, keep CBR! It's only a $240.00 difference between Value and CBR with our PIN, so I made him swear no anniversary or birthday gifts this year, and we'll be even.

Booked flights, and voila! We'll be arriving in Orlando on the morning of October 23 and leaving the morning of October 30.

After that, DH had to leave for work, so I sent him off with a muffin we had bought at the grocery store the night before. I got some things done around the house, and went to get a muffin for breakfast.

And there, on the outside of my wrapper, was a (smashed chocolate chip) hidden Mickey looking right back at me! I took it as a sign from the Mouse himself that I'd made the right decisions! (Sorry the pic is a little blurry, it wouldn't focus on the Mickey, but hopefully you can see him!)

May2010.jpg

Since it is Mother's Day, I also wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful, Disney-loving moms out there!

We're taking my mom to see Peter Pan (the play is in town) and to dinner tonight!

Here is my mom (with us, and my dad) on our trip last December. (It was cold and early!)

13961_558984548765_44402339_3264581.jpg

I do see the hidden Mickey!!! The muffin did speak to you!

Our friends love CBR. Although, I haven't tried it there myself yet. Your DH is very good to you suggesting to stay one more night. I'm sorry you had such a traumatic experience, it would scare me too. Let's hope for Disney Magic over the plane and everything will be good.

Are you hoping for any specific area to stay in at CBR? The buildings are divided into island names, right?

Peggy

Yay!!! Can'T wait to hear all about it!

Still chuckling that you already knew what I was going to say about my muffin.

I do see the hidden Mickey!!! The muffin did speak to you!

Our friends love CBR. Although, I haven't tried it there myself yet. Your DH is very good to you suggesting to stay one more night. I'm sorry you had such a traumatic experience, it would scare me too. Let's hope for Disney Magic over the plane and everything will be good.

Are you hoping for any specific area to stay in at CBR? The buildings are divided into island names, right?

Peggy

I'll probably be calling my doctor for some special magic for the plane. Haha. She's already told me to let her know next time I fly and we'll talk about if I feel like I need anything. But, I plan on going to a park as soon as we get there and don't want to be loopy. (I don't take any anxiety meds normally, so I don't know how they'd make me feel.)

They are separated in to islands; I'm not sure which one we're going to pick yet, though. We did standard view, so I'll need to go ask around on the resort boards!

Ok, so I thought I should describe my thread title before people think I'm absolutely mad.

I had been debating this Halloween trip since last Halloween; I think I have trip anxiety. I always play "well, what if this or that happens" through my head, and then don't end up booking. A couple of weeks ago, I started pricing out resorts with a PIN that I received.

Then, I started playing the "which resort" game - value or mod. (Mainly, since I am in the process of apply to law school and that gets pricey, I was debating which resort to pick.) DH and I have stayed at POFQ and POP! together, but he's never even seen my favorite resort from when I was little - CBR. So, I booked it!

And once again, I started my own debate (I think maybe this internal debate thing has something to do with my career choice) whether or not I'd still like CBR after they put Nemo in the room decor. Don't get me wrong, I love Nemo, but I wanted something more of an adult feel if I was going to go for Moderate.

I posted on the boards and got some great responses about CBR, and one DIS'er told me to buy a bottle of wine, lay on a hammock, and watch the fireworks at Epcot one night. I was sold right then and there!

So, DH and I started looking at flights on Thursday, and I couldn't hit the purchase button. We tried again on Friday, and the same thing happened. Long, long story short, but the last time I flew, our plane nearly went down. We had to emergency land and they damaged out the plane we were on; it was the most traumatic experience and I've been terrified of flying since then.

DH was patient with me Thursday and Friday, so we tried again on Saturday. I realized that my hesitation was the flight that we would have to take on our return day (Friday - October 29) because it was at night (which is when that other incident happened.) But, there weren't any non-stop flights (other than the night flight) coming back here on Friday for the price we wanted. (There's no way I'd be getting off a plane and on to another my first time back in the air; I'm already nervous as it is.)

At that point, DH looks at me and says, "Well, lets add on Friday night and check-out Saturday (October 30) so we can take a morning, non-stop flight back home." Uhm, yes!! (See, he's learned my WDW obsession well and knows just what to say!)

I called WDW to add on Friday night, which started the whole maybe I should downgrade since we're adding an extra night and paying a bit more for the Saturday flight debate, and DH promptly said no, keep CBR! It's only a $240.00 difference between Value and CBR with our PIN, so I made him swear no anniversary or birthday gifts this year, and we'll be even.

Booked flights, and voila! We'll be arriving in Orlando on the morning of October 23 and leaving the morning of October 30.

After that, DH had to leave for work, so I sent him off with a muffin we had bought at the grocery store the night before. I got some things done around the house, and went to get a muffin for breakfast.

And there, on the outside of my wrapper, was a (smashed chocolate chip) hidden Mickey looking right back at me! I took it as a sign from the Mouse himself that I'd made the right decisions! (Sorry the pic is a little blurry, it wouldn't focus on the Mickey, but hopefully you can see him!)

May2010.jpg

Since it is Mother's Day, I also wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful, Disney-loving moms out there!

We're taking my mom to see Peter Pan (the play is in town) and to dinner tonight!

Here is my mom (with us, and my dad) on our trip last December. (It was cold and early!)

13961_558984548765_44402339_3264581.jpg

Love the muffin story! That really was a sign that everything's going to be ok! Kenny and I had a similar incident on a plane we were flying home on from Denver. (We were coming from D-land). We flew right through a storm and it was not fun. :scared1: Right afterwards, we had to get on our last flight to Tulsa.

I was scared to fly again, but then, last fall I got a great assignment to go see WDW during the holidays! No one could go with me, so......I went solo. Best decision ever. :woohoo:

Anna

Love the muffin story! That really was a sign that everything's going to be ok! Kenny and I had a similar incident on a plane we were flying home on from Denver. (We were coming from D-land). We flew right through a storm and it was not fun. :scared1: Right afterwards, we had to get on our last flight to Tulsa.

I was scared to fly again, but then, last fall I got a great assignment to go see WDW during the holidays! No one could go with me, so......I went solo. Best decision ever. :woohoo:

Anna

Thank you so very, very much for sharing your story!! I know I can do it and I'll be a lot better once we land in Orlando, just have to get myself through the getting on the plane part!

Major props that you took your first flight after that solo!!!

The OCD planner in me is having an "I failed" moment, even though DH keeps looking at me like I'm crazy and says "It's fine! Don't worry!"

So, here's what I did.

I booked MNSSHP tickets before I checked EMH, and the night I bought tickets for is the only night DHS has EMH while we're there. :headache:

I've heard that time of year isn't busy and I know I shouldn't worry about it, but hopefully some of your DIS'ers will understand my "D'oh!" moment.

I ordered our tickets for the MNSSHP on October 24, which will be our first time to go! It's on a Sunday, so I'm hoping it isn't too crowded. (That's my other ugh moment; if I'd looked at EMH first, I would've bought MNSSHP tickets for a week night.)

Ok, and planning vent over. Still frustrated at myself!

Oh! I'm really excited about tonight, though! My mom (who is also my best friend besides DH, they share the title) has had breast cancer twice, so we're always involved in Race for the Cure/Susan G. Komen events. We're going to a performance at the Dallas Symphony Center (the Meyerson) tonight called "Sing for the Cure." We'll be decked out in pink to honor my mom! I'll have to post a few pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter