The LUCKY Muffin Spoke to Me - Halloween at WDW & Summer 2011 at DLR - 01/09/11

I wouldn't worry about the night EMH. I never really stay at night. It's too crowded. I prefer the morning EMH. IMO.

And I think that any night you are going to get to go to MNSSHP you'll have a blast. Think of me. Get me a little present if you can hehe

Hey Heather! I'm subbing. :)

Love the muffin pic--Chocolate and Mickey--perfect combo.

And I think it's actually good that you bought tickets on that night. SO many people will be at DHS for EMH, and that means they won't be at MNSSHP! :thumbsup2

...this will be our second wedding anniversary and his third trip with me. (He walks around singing "Big Blue World" from the Nemo show at AK.)

Oooh, when was your wedding day? Mine was Nov. 1st. Have always wanted to spend an anniversay at Disney. Do the CM's do anything special? This year we're going over labor day for the free DP. Maybe I can convince the CMs we're really there to celebrate our 2nd anniversary for free, like 2 months early!

Can't wait to read more! :cheer2:

Hey Heather! I'm subbing. :)

Love the muffin pic--Chocolate and Mickey--perfect combo.

And I think it's actually good that you bought tickets on that night. SO many people will be at DHS for EMH, and that means they won't be at MNSSHP! :thumbsup2

You know what, I hadn't looked at it like that! You've made me feel much better!!

I wouldn't worry about the night EMH. I never really stay at night. It's too crowded. I prefer the morning EMH. IMO.

And I think that any night you are going to get to go to MNSSHP you'll have a blast. Think of me. Get me a little present if you can hehe

I'm a night person, so I usually stay until the park closes for EMH. I've stayed at MK until 2am before and it was fantastic!

Haha. Definitely!

Oooh, when was your wedding day? Mine was Nov. 1st. Have always wanted to spend an anniversay at Disney. Do the CM's do anything special? This year we're going over labor day for the free DP. Maybe I can convince the CMs we're really there to celebrate our 2nd anniversary for free, like 2 months early!

Can't wait to read more! :cheer2:

We got married June 14, 2008. You can actually call and tell them you're celebrating your anniversary; they know people can't always travel during their anniversary dates! Last year, we went in December but were still given Happy Anniversary buttons!! Definitely call and add that to your reservation!

When we had the Happy Anniversary buttons, we were given a cupcake here and there for dessert or had a special card in our hotel room from Mickey and the gang.

We did free DP last time, too. It was way too much food, but can't complain since it was free. I don't know if I'd ever pay out of pocket for it; I don't eat enough to make it worth it.

Going to head over to your PTR now, too!!

Hey Heather!

Hoping that MNSSHP is not crowded for you guys!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey

Can't wait to read more!

We got married June 14, 2008. You can actually call and tell them you're celebrating your anniversary; they know people can't always travel during their anniversary dates! Last year, we went in December but were still given Happy Anniversary buttons!! Definitely call and add that to your reservation!

When we had the Happy Anniversary buttons, we were given a cupcake here and there for dessert or had a special card in our hotel room from Mickey and the gang.

We did free DP last time, too. It was way too much food, but can't complain since it was free. I don't know if I'd ever pay out of pocket for it; I don't eat enough to make it worth it.

We celebrated our 6th anniversary on the Disney Cruise line and also at WDW. Here is a picture of our dessert at Palo's...

034.jpg

We also got the Happy Anniversary buttons, but Dave lost his on Thunder Mountain when I was holding onto him for dear life!

Peggy

OMG I am totally going to do that! Thanks for the tip! It would be awesome!
I guess they can't really check when your real anniversary is...it's not like people walk around with a copy of their marriage cert. anyways! LOL :rotfl:

Hi,
We will be there then too. I cannot wait.

That airplane story is scary. I flew threw a tropical storm and that was enough.

You can call and see if you can exchange the tix. I did it 2 years ago and I know many others who have also.

I might be going on Thursday night. Wednesday we are seeing Harry Potter World.

2 years ago we went then and it was not busy and really nice crowd wise.

Let's hope for nice weather.

Hi,
We will be there then too. I cannot wait.

That airplane story is scary. I flew threw a tropical storm and that was enough.

You can call and see if you can exchange the tix. I did it 2 years ago and I know many others who have also.

I might be going on Thursday night. Wednesday we are seeing Harry Potter World.

2 years ago we went then and it was not busy and really nice crowd wise.

Let's hope for nice weather.

I think we may keep the tickets as we have them now; we're going to do EMH on the 23rd at MK, so we won't be getting back to the resort until 3am-ish. I don't think I'd get up early for DHS on the 24th, so we'll sleep in, lounge, then go to MNSSHP that night.

We're planning on doing HP on Tuesday so we can do EMH for Epcot on Wednesday. If you decide to do Tuesday for HP, we could share a cab! (I've decided cab is the best way to go; the Mears isn't a guarantee to get there at opening, and we don't want to be rushed when we leave.)

Hey! I finally have had some time to get on here and found your PTR!! I love that you found a HM in your muffin and it told you to go to Disney. I see a commercial on TV and it tells me to go to Disney.....its a commercial for Wal-Mart so I am not sure how that works, but who cares.
We got to celebrate our anniversity last year, as well as will get to this year but we are celebrating how many years we have been together, not married. The way I see it, if we get married, that means we could do two trips to celebrate. Once for us meeting and starting dating and second for wedding anniversity! :rotfl: Anything to get us to Disney! Can't wait to here more about your plans.....if its works for me.....I may 'steal' the idea! :rotfl2:

Hi Heather - I'm in! popcorn::

I believe we met in Epcot in December - your father was Scrooge and my fiance was Bob "Scratchett" - I may be wrong, but I think not...

Love the muffin story! Dislike the plane story - :eek: SUPER SCARY! Totally understand the "DUH" moment with your tickets!

What are your travel dates? DD and I are coming down solo Oct 27-Nov1!

Hey there!

I'm here!! popcorn::

You didn't tell me on FB that you started a PTR!

I love MNSSHP. It's my fav!!!

Can't wait to hear more. :hug:

Hey! I finally have had some time to get on here and found your PTR!! I love that you found a HM in your muffin and it told you to go to Disney. I see a commercial on TV and it tells me to go to Disney.....its a commercial for Wal-Mart so I am not sure how that works, but who cares.
We got to celebrate our anniversity last year, as well as will get to this year but we are celebrating how many years we have been together, not married. The way I see it, if we get married, that means we could do two trips to celebrate. Once for us meeting and starting dating and second for wedding anniversity! :rotfl: Anything to get us to Disney! Can't wait to here more about your plans.....if its works for me.....I may 'steal' the idea! :rotfl2:

Haha; which Wal-Mart commercial?

Btw, I love your Mickey ring; where did he get it, do you know??

Hi Heather - I'm in! popcorn::

I believe we met in Epcot in December - your father was Scrooge and my fiance was Bob "Scratchett" - I may be wrong, but I think not...

Love the muffin story! Dislike the plane story - :eek: SUPER SCARY! Totally understand the "DUH" moment with your tickets!

What are your travel dates? DD and I are coming down solo Oct 27-Nov1!

Hiii!! Yes, that was us! I actually have some pictures that your fiance are in. If you'd like them, shoot me a message with your email!

We'll be there October 23-30, so a few overlapping days! You'll have to let me know when I post our plans if you'd like to meet up! I love meeting other DIS'ers!

Are you going to MNSSHP one night? We bought tickets for the 24, and this is our first time.
Hey there!

I'm here!! popcorn::

You didn't tell me on FB that you started a PTR!

I love MNSSHP. It's my fav!!!

Can't wait to hear more. :hug:

I wanted to find yours first. Haha. Took me a bit, but I did!

I'm sure I'll be picking your brain about MNSSHP!!

Followed the link in your signature over here!

I haven't read it all yet, just wanted to let you know that I LOVE the Muffin story and am now going back to read the rest! :goodvibes

Hi! I'm subbing! The muffin story cracked me up. :lmao: That's definitely a sign! I love your picture at the beginning with Eeyore too! When I was on my honeymoon at WDW, Dale (of Chip and Dale, not just some random guy named Dale, just so you know! :laughing:) kept hitting on me and DH got so mad. I was like, "Um...honey? It's a giant chipmunk. No need to worry." I was secretly swooning, though. HAHA!

I saw that your hubby was a teacher with an English degree. That's awesome! I am a high school English teacher and I love it!

Anyway, can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Followed the link in your signature over here!

I haven't read it all yet, just wanted to let you know that I LOVE the Muffin story and am now going back to read the rest! :goodvibes

Welcome!! I wanted to put the chip in the freezer; DH laughed at me and said "No." Mean, mean DH. :rotfl:

Hi! I'm subbing! The muffin story cracked me up. :lmao: That's definitely a sign! I love your picture at the beginning with Eeyore too! When I was on my honeymoon at WDW, Dale (of Chip and Dale, not just some random guy named Dale, just so you know! :laughing:) kept hitting on me and DH got so mad. I was like, "Um...honey? It's a giant chipmunk. No need to worry." I was secretly swooning, though. HAHA!

I saw that your hubby was a teacher with an English degree. That's awesome! I am a high school English teacher and I love it!

Anyway, can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Haha; too cute. Sounds like my DH. I had that picture as my FB profile pic, and he would write comments like "I hate that donkey" on it. Silly boys!

He's trying really hard to get a job lined up for the fall; we're doing a lot of praying, but we don't want to get our hopes up, either. I know things work out like they do for a reason. I'm going to law school next year and will most likely be leaving the state, so hopefully the teacher job market will be a bit better wherever we end up!

Just checking in!

I'm alive! I promise! It's been a long, long week. I've worked 7:30am to 5:00pm without a lunch break.

I'm going to update soon!

He's trying really hard to get a job lined up for the fall; we're doing a lot of praying, but we don't want to get our hopes up, either. I know things work out like they do for a reason. I'm going to law school next year and will most likely be leaving the state, so hopefully the teacher job market will be a bit better wherever we end up!

Hang in there, he will definitely find one! I have been subbing since I graduated in December and I am subbing now for an English teacher. I don't start my full time job until the Fall. I know it can be really tough but he will get that dream job soon. :hug: I just sent you the same message in a PM but I'm not sure if it went through. I sent you my Facebook info too, so let me know if you don't get it!

I think we may keep the tickets as we have them now; we're going to do EMH on the 23rd at MK, so we won't be getting back to the resort until 3am-ish. I don't think I'd get up early for DHS on the 24th, so we'll sleep in, lounge, then go to MNSSHP that night.

We're planning on doing HP on Tuesday so we can do EMH for Epcot on Wednesday. If you decide to do Tuesday for HP, we could share a cab! (I've decided cab is the best way to go; the Mears isn't a guarantee to get there at opening, and we don't want to be rushed when we leave.)

I have actually rented a car for 24 hours. This way I am not rushed to leave US and then we have a nice dinner set up for that evening and we can drive there. Now of course these plans could change. I am supposed to meet people on Tuesday but if my plans change I will let you know.

Hi Heather, I'm subbing!

You won't believe what just happined...I was just finishing reading your first post about the sign from your muffin and my Disney pressed coin collection book fell off the top of my desk and onto the floor! Actually I was in a bit of shock because it didn't just slowly topple over it was like it took a fast dive and landed two feet away from my desk! Not only that, an American coin that I had in a change container next to the book got knocked and landed right next to the book on the floor. Considering I'm Canadian and don't have a lot of American coins laying around, this was really weird. I too am in the midst of planning an MNSSHP trip for the last week of October, and will also be going to HP so I think it's a sign if I ever saw one!

I've been experiencing some anxiety over the trip as well with regards to money, because my DB and I just spent a week in POR last summer and paid OOP for the dining plan, and I'll also be going to Florida for a week in July for a friends wedding. I am set on staying at a moderate and I'm considering CSR but I'm also expecting 4 other relatives to be joining us (and all 3 couples want their own rooms) and money is an issue for them as well. I'm hoping and wishing that I'll get a free dining pin or that free dining will be extended for the gp passed Oct. 2 so that we can definitely afford to go and stay for a week.

I also wanted to mention that when I was reading your first post and saw the picture of you and your DH with your just married ears, I was thinking of my mom and best friend who unfortunately passed away from skin cancer almost 3 years ago now. She was the biggest disney fan I have ever met and she always wanted me to get married there or go on my anniversary there! When I went last year it was my first time going since she had passed and it was difficult (especially during wishes) but it made me feel really close to her. I know she'd want me to go again in October because Halloween is my birthday and she always loved dressing up and celebrating with me. It made me wonder if my mom's spirit was here and decided to be cheeky and push the coin collection book over herself!

It's so great that you and your mom are involved in cancer awareness events and fundraisers. I donate to the Canadian Cancer Society every year but would like to start walking/running to raise money as well. If you took pictures of you and your mom at the recent event I'd love to see them! I have tons of pictures of my mom and I at Disney over the years I just have to scan them! Maybe I'll get around to doing that tomorrow. :)

I have actually rented a car for 24 hours. This way I am not rushed to leave US and then we have a nice dinner set up for that evening and we can drive there. Now of course these plans could change. I am supposed to meet people on Tuesday but if my plans change I will let you know.

What did it run you to rent a car for the day? How did you pick it up? I was thinking about looking in to this!

Hi Heather, I'm subbing!

You won't believe what just happined...I was just finishing reading your first post about the sign from your muffin and my Disney pressed coin collection book fell off the top of my desk and onto the floor! Actually I was in a bit of shock because it didn't just slowly topple over it was like it took a fast dive and landed two feet away from my desk! Your book felt the presence of the Mickey chocolate chip. Too weird! Not only that, an American coin that I had in a change container next to the book got knocked and landed right next to the book on the floor. Considering I'm Canadian and don't have a lot of American coins laying around, this was really weird. I too am in the midst of planning an MNSSHP trip for the last week of October, and will also be going to HP so I think it's a sign if I ever saw one! When exactly will you be there? We're there the last week of October; maybe are dates are somewhat the same??

I've been experiencing some anxiety over the trip as well with regards to money, because my DB and I just spent a week in POR last summer and paid OOP for the dining plan, and I'll also be going to Florida for a week in July for a friends wedding. I am set on staying at a moderate and I'm considering CSR but I'm also expecting 4 other relatives to be joining us (and all 3 couples want their own rooms) and money is an issue for them as well. I'm hoping and wishing that I'll get a free dining pin or that free dining will be extended for the gp passed Oct. 2 so that we can definitely afford to go and stay for a week. We had a FD PIN last year, and two rooms at POP! We used to stay moderate, so I was a bit nervous about the value. We had a great stay, though. Everything was clean and the CMs were fantastic. I would definitely stay value, again. BTW, the POP food court was my all-time favorite food court, and we've now stayed at all value and moderate resorts. You'd have a great time at a value if you end up needing to pick one of those for financial purposes. You're still at Disney!! :cool1:

I also wanted to mention that when I was reading your first post and saw the picture of you and your DH with your just married ears, I was thinking of my mom and best friend who unfortunately passed away from skin cancer almost 3 years ago now. That made me tear up to hear about your mom. My mom and I are so very close. She had a skin cancer spot on her hand last fall, too. So she's technically been through cancer three times - breast twice and skin once. I'm sorry you lost your mom to it; I can't even think about being in that situation without breaking down.She was the biggest disney fan I have ever met and she always wanted me to get married there or go on my anniversary there! When I went last year it was my first time going since she had passed and it was difficult (especially during wishes) but it made me feel really close to her. I know she'd want me to go again in October because Halloween is my birthday and she always loved dressing up and celebrating with me. It made me wonder if my mom's spirit was here and decided to be cheeky and push the coin collection book over herself! We had a fantastic honeymoon there! I'm sure your mom is smiling down on you and laughing every time that you laugh at WDW. I hope you have wonderful trip memories of your mom and feel like she's with you every time you go now!

It's so great that you and your mom are involved in cancer awareness events and fundraisers. I donate to the Canadian Cancer Society every year but would like to start walking/running to raise money as well. If you took pictures of you and your mom at the recent event I'd love to see them! I have tons of pictures of my mom and I at Disney over the years I just have to scan them! Maybe I'll get around to doing that tomorrow. :) I'm posting a couple below for you to see them!! We are hugely involved with Race for the Cure, too. I captain a team that is funded by my law firm; I just got our team set-up and am trying really hard to fundraise. It seems like a lot of people won't donate because of the economy, which is really sad. Breast cancer doesn't just go away because the economy is down; I posted on my FB that if all of my friends donated $1, that's close to $1,000.00 right there. Doesn't seem to have worked, yet. Do you have a PTR, btw??

I'm posting my responses above, in pink. :goodvibes

By request, here are a couple of pictures from the Sing for the Cure event we attended!

The whole family:
30426_572142075975_44402339_3305455.jpg

My hero and me:
30426_572142046035_44402339_3305455.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter