The "Many savings, No boys Allowed!" PTR

EmmabaRose

Mouseketeer
So with 5 days to go until we set off, I thought this was something I should do. XD

Who?
Emma (me)- 22, Disney obsessive, lover of Frozen, Snow White and Winnie the Pooh.
Charley- 29, not obsessive but extremely excited, hasn't been to Disney since her teens, lover of Mickey Mouse and Princess Jasmine.

Where?
We are staying at Hotel Santa Fe, as this was the most cost-effective option on-site. I haven't stayed on site since I visited WDW for the first time aged 12, so I am extremely excited to experience a Disney hotel again.

When?
18th-22nd August. Bank holiday weekend. I sense a few people questioning my sanity here, but when we originally booked this trip, we were in a situation with the company we worked for where we had to be sparing with our holiday, and the bank holiday meant we would only use a day. As it happens, both of us have moved on from said company so we could actually have gone earlier. Oh well! I think if we make good use of fastpasses and EMH we can get everything we want done.

How?
Thanks to these wonderful boards and a bit of internet research, I found out that it was possible to save quite a bit by booking on the french Disney site, and by doing this we saved about £200 overall. Also, we saved about £150 on our Eurostar fares, as when I took a trip to Paris with another friend of mine in March, the carriage we were in on our return journey had a heating malfunction (AKA the sauna carriage) and because they couldn't we re-seat us we were offered a discount if we booked with them again in the next 12 months. So in the end we ended up paying £84 per person. Sweet!

Why?
Some of you may recall I spent a day at DLP for my birthday back in March. When I got back from that trip Charley had joined my office. We became close friends very quickly. One evening after work, we got talking about Disney, and how I had been thinking about trying to go back for a longer stay, to which she replied "You know, I've always wanted to go back to Disney..." quickly replied "So let's do it!" And so we did! After some saving and many lunch breaks spent pricing up different things we finally went ahead and booked in June.

Why no boys allowed? Well, Charley and I have both been through the mill this year. Back in April, I had to break of my engagement with my fiancé after he found somebody else. Charley was/is also going through something similar and we kind of bonded over supporting each other though it all.

So basically we've decided boys are yucky and they're not welcome on our holiday! XD

If you made this far well done. We are both very excited for Friday. Hopefully before I go I can post some other things, like our must dos etc.

Oh, how much fun. I wish for my own time in DLP and maybe, someday I will go with another adult rather than just me and my kids. Not that I'm complaining. :rotfl:

You'll have a wonderful time :thumbsup2

Ooh great start :yay:
Ye have a fab time planned. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures. Aren't men the worst sometimes. Pigs!
But at least something good is coming from it all. Yay for DLP :banana:

Following along!

A girls only trip sounds fab! Boys stink anyway! ;)

Oh, how much fun. I wish for my own time in DLP and maybe, someday I will go with another adult rather than just me and my kids. Not that I'm complaining. :rotfl:

You'll have a wonderful time :thumbsup2

Haha! Sometimes I wish I could bring a child so I would feel less judged running around like a lunatic. XD Thank you!

Brilliant - following along!!

C x

Thank you!

Following along too
Girls only sounds fun

Yay! Girls only is the way to go!

Ooh great start
Ye have a fab time planned. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures. Aren't men the worst sometimes. Pigs!
But at least something good is coming from it all. Yay for DLP

Men are rubbish! But I made a great friend instead! Bonus: a friend who is happy to let me drag her around DLP for four days! I'm not sure she truly knows what she signed up for. XD Thanks for reading!

Following along!

A girls only trip sounds fab! Boys stink anyway!

Hear hear! XD

4 days to go!! Not even a little bit excited. Course not. XD

I started a new job today (who are paying me my first set of wages the day before Disney- dangerous!!) , so I have plenty going on to pass the time until Friday arrives. It also means I have a very small amount of time to do all the last pre-trip bits.

So in attempt not to think about my growing to do list, I thought I'd talk about some of the more specific plans and wishes we have.

Meals
Now, I'm not one of these people who generally makes reservations and stuff. But when I booked our package the price for a character breakfast at Cafe Mickey was very reasonable, and I know Charley is dying to meet characters so I went ahead and booked us a table at 9:30 will save a lot of time trying to chase certain characters around the park or standing in line for ages, plus I've heard that you gets some quality interaction so I'm very excited!

Aside from that we plan to ask about reservations and take pot luck on what's available. Our plan is to eat QS or CS for lunch, something lighter, and then have a proper meal in the evening if possible. This means we cut down our costs and don't entirely kill our waistlines. XD I know Charley would like Blue Lagoon and I wouldn't mind Plaza Gardens, potentially Planet Hollywood, since we are the cocktail queens!! But we shall see. :)

Itinerary

This is very general as I've been known to put detailed schedules together and then not stick to it one bit! XD However it's good to have a rough plan of attack, so hey presto!

Friday- Leave home at 7:30, pick Charley up from her house in Kent about 8:30, arrive Ashford Intl at 9:20. Breakfast check in etc. Eurostar departs 10:58, arrives at 13:57 french time. SQUEAL OVER DISNEY. Check in to Santa Fe, lunch and check out hotel until room is ready. Possibly a quick nap at this point. Head into Parc Disneyland late afernoon. Funtimes until closing (maybe Dreams)

Saturday- Breakfast in hotel, EMH/early entry to Studios to queue for Crush or ratatouille. More funtimes until early afternoon. Back to hotel for downtime. Evening- Parc Disneyland/Disney Village.

Sunday- EMH, until 9:30. Reservation for breakfast at Cafe Mickey. Whichever park takes our fancy until early afternoon. Downtime at hotel. Evening more park fun ending with dreams.

Monday- Breakfast at hotel. Check out. Leave luggage in storage. Back to parks cover any rides we haven't done/ want to do again, plus make final choices on shopping items. 16:30 pick up luggage and head to station. Eurostar dpearts at 18:02, arrives in Ashford 19:02, drop off charlotte, drive home, much sleep.

Does this sound sensible to you folks?

Next up! Wish list and to do lists!

All sounds good but I'd scrap the downtime!!! Think of all that extra time in the parks, and in August I'd be using that time in the parks for sure! Just work on through! lol Personal opinion obviously!

Plus, I reckon your room will be ready when you arrive so you won't have to kill time in the hotel.

C x

All sounds good but I'd scrap the downtime!!! Think of all that extra time in the parks, and in August I'd be using that time in the parks for sure! Just work on through! lol Personal opinion obviously!

Plus, I reckon your room will be ready when you arrive so you won't have to kill time in the hotel.

C x

Haha, I can defs see your point, but both of us are early birds who are forcing ouraelves up for EMH. The downtime is put in so we have a short time to recharge so no-one is cranky
. Last time I was in the parks for a straight 12 hours I had a minor meltdown lol. Of course if we are doing okay no way in hell am I leaving!! But I know us, and I'd rather plan and not need it.

And that is the hope with the hotel!

Haha, I can defs see your point, but both of us are early birds who are forcing ouraelves up for EMH. The downtime is put in so we have a short time to recharge so no-one is cranky
. Last time I was in the parks for a straight 12 hours I had a minor meltdown lol. Of course if we are doing okay no way in hell am I leaving!! But I know us, and I'd rather plan and not need it.

And that is the hope with the hotel!

What about this for a suggestion - instead of walking back to the hotel (and we all know Santa Fe is no Disneyland Hotel in terms of distance - we're in the Santa Fe in October!) or having to jump on and off shuttles, why don't you plan downtime in the park? Sitting near plaza gardens with an ice cream, watching the boats at Thunder Mesa, sitting near Tower of Terror in Studios...? Or maybe try that for day one (scrap the nap!) and see how that feels?? After all, you'll have been sat on a train for hours that particular morning anyway! :goodvibes Could be a two pronged plan! Option 1 and option 2 (being the hotel!) and judge it each day.....

But yes, the worst thing in the world is cranky people! lol

C x

cdsmiler81 said:
What about this for a suggestion - instead of walking back to the hotel (and we all know Santa Fe is no Disneyland Hotel in terms of distance - we're in the Santa Fe in October!) or having to jump on and off shuttles, why don't you plan downtime in the park? Sitting near plaza gardens with an ice cream, watching the boats at Thunder Mesa, sitting near Tower of Terror in Studios...? Or maybe try that for day one (scrap the nap!) and see how that feels?? After all, you'll have been sat on a train for hours that particular morning anyway! :goodvibes Could be a two pronged plan! Option 1 and option 2 (being the hotel!) and judge it each day.....

C x

^^ We try to do this. Have a rest and people watch or sit in videopolis and watch shorts. I may even have dozed at animagique.... twice! ::yes::
I'm with ye on that. I get so cranky when I'm sleep deprived!
Great plans there Emma! Not long to go at all! :yay:

C x

This is actually a very good idea. The main thing for me (apart from being the anti-thesis of a morning person!) is that for some god-forsaken reason my feet get really painful if I'm on them for too long, as in I'll be limping. I've never figured out why, but as long as I get a decent amount of time to take the weight off my feet I should be okay. And yeah I had that thought about the train after I posted the plan. XD Two pronged plan sounds like the way to go.

^^ We try to do this. Have a rest and people watch or sit in videopolis and watch shorts. I may even have dozed at animagique.... twice!
I'm with ye on that. I get so cranky when I'm sleep deprived!
Great plans there Emma! Not long to go at all!

LMAO I could easily have a nap in animagique, hell I wouldn't put it past me to nap in videopolis! You're talking to the girl who fell asleep leaning against a suitcase at Barcelona Airport. XD

I feel you on the cranky. My last day trip to DLP, by 9pm I was hungry, frozen and sleep deprived with sore feet. The meltdown was nuclear. XD

Nope not long at all now! 3 days!! :woohoo:

I'm feeling the sore feet!!! Bizarrely not so much when walking - but if I'm standing for a long time.... Ouchies!!

C x

I'm feeling the sore feet!!! Bizarrely not so much when walking - but if I'm standing for a long time.... Ouchies!!

C x

OMG EXACTLY THIS!!! It's the strangest thing! Walking helps to a point, after which anything I do. My strategy with this is to try and break it up as much as possible, hence the breaks, so the pain doesn't have a chance to really take hold.

OMG EXACTLY THIS!!! It's the strangest thing! Walking helps to a point, after which anything I do. My strategy with this is to try and break it up as much as possible, hence the breaks, so the pain doesn't have a chance to really take hold.

I wonder what it is!! It must have a proper symptom name or something! This is why queuing is my worst nightmare! (Hence out of season DLP visits! Lol sitting down for a short while and taking the weight off helps!

C x

LMAO I could easily have a nap in animagique, hell I wouldn't put it past me to nap in videopolis! You're talking to the girl who fell asleep leaning against a suitcase at Barcelona Airport. XD

I feel you on the cranky. My last day trip to DLP, by 9pm I was hungry, frozen and sleep deprived with sore feet. The meltdown was nuclear. XD

Nope not long at all now! 3 days!! :woohoo:

I just cry, a lot! And possibly strop a bit but DH knows to throw food and pillows at me now :thumbsup2

Have a fab time, very excited to read all about it :cool1:

I wonder what it is!! It must have a proper symptom name or something! This is why queuing is my worst nightmare! (Hence out of season DLP visits! Lol sitting down for a short while and taking the weight off helps!

C x

Queueing really bothers me too!! Maybe next time will go out of season again (except next time is going to be a VERY long time considering I've just agreed to rent a flat today lol!)

I just cry, a lot! And possibly strop a bit but DH knows to throw food and pillows at me now

Have a fab time, very excited to read all about it

LMAO that's basically what Lia did, she found me a seat and bought me cake and I calmed down. XD Her advice to Charley was "just keep feeding her!"

IT'S TOMORROW!!!

so, further to my last post, I'M LEAVING FOR DLP IN THE MORNING!!

I should be sleeping but I'm too excited. XD SO I thought I'd post our wish list for the trip, and then when I get back and do my TR we can see how much we managed to tick off!

Wish-List
Do every open attraction at least once.
Ride Ratatouille
Ride Crush (on my day trip it broke down so I have a score to settle!)
Emma to face her fear and ride ToT ( it's the only thrill ride I'm scared will make me ill, but I want to say I've done it!)
See Disney dreams twice
See the parade
Ride BTM in the dark
Convert Charley to IASW
Eat hot dogs at casey's corner (my family's tradition!)
Get at least 15 character autographs/Get 15 pictures with characters

If anyone has any challenges to add to the list let me know!

Now this next one is more for me than anyone else. In order to stop me buying everything in sight this weekend, I have given myself a list of merchandise I am allowed to buy. It's all things I need and will use when I come home, or gifts for friends and family. It's also a fairly general list, eg. a hoodie, but not what kind of hoodie. It means I still get the fun of shopping and all the choices available, but without bankrupting myself. Let's see if I stick to this one!!

Shopping list
A hoodie for rehearsals
A mug for work
A Tumbler with a straw for cold drinks at work
Another tumbler, requested by my colleague (Belle or Minnie mouse themed if possible)
Sweets/cake for the office
Something for mum (based on her favourite character)
Something for dad (preferably to do with baloo)
Something for my cousin's sons (ideally cars themed)
An umbrella for, well rain. XD
A fridge magnet to make my new flat feel like home
1 ride photo to put up in my flat for happy memories
1 character plushie, to add to my growing collection

Hopefully I will not be tempted to buy more than this!

Ok, I have to be up in 6 hours so I am going to bed! TOMORROW!!

I'm guessing you be gone by now just wanted to say have a great time pixiedust:
Can not wait to read all about it :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter