The Masked Singer- No Spoilers Please

Ok, sorry Rumer. Nice to see you on the boards

:wave:

Play nice. There may be a lot of new people watching the show as it got down to the Final 6 and people don't need to have followed along during past weeks. People may start Googling and find this thread as the DIS is Googleable and may want to join in. For me, the fun of these TV threads is that everyone's opinion is valid, even if you are quietly doing this on your side of the screen -->
coffeescreen.gif%7Eoriginal
. Unlike other threads on the DIS, everyone should feel safe to have & express differing views and stand by them, and others will gently or vehemently disagree. There is always someone else that agrees with them. It is in the end only a TV show we're all debating and entertainment. :happytv: popcorn:: Just my opinion. Feel free to disagree. :teeth:

I just can't see Justin Timberlake doing a show like this. Don't get me wrong, I like the show but I don't think "big" stars would do it. It seems more like B list celebs, reality stars etc. It was funny when Jenny McCarthy was throwing out names like Beyonce and Elton John. I can't see Sir Elton John doing this show, or Beyonce. I could be wrong though, but I just don't see it.

Agree - 100%

I agree too. However, the Korean version of this show did have Ryan Reynolds show up as the Masked Singer. He did it as a promo for Deadpool. The movie studio must have paid him mega-bucks to do it. And it seemed fun for him.

FOX has their own movie studio department. So, they may possibly have one A-List actor who they could have persuaded to do the U.S. version (for mega-bucks) for cross-promotion of their own movie. They only need ONE A-Lister to do it and it would really put this show on the map, as, if it's done this first season, each season people tune in to see if there will be an A-Lister in the bunch each season. Since this is the first season, we don't really know if that's a possibility.

That being said, I don't think the likes of Beyonce or Elton John would ever do the show. This is beneath Beyonce at any cost. :snooty: Elton John barely wants to do his scheduled Farewell Tour. He'd rather be home with is kids. :grouphug: So, yes, Jenny is being quite ridiculous throwing names like that out. :rolleyes:

And of the bunch this season, going by the clues so far, it doesn't seem like they have anywhere near an A-Lister. A 10 time Grammy winner, yes. But, not a Hollywood A-Lister.

Unless the one that is from a Hollywood dynasty is also a big star, like Kate Hudson. But, I don't think it's her.

Play nice. There may be a lot of new people watching the show as it got down to the Final 6 and people don't need to have followed along during past weeks. People may start Googling and find this thread as the DIS is Googleable and may want to join in. For me, the fun of these TV threads is that everyone's opinion is valid, even if you are quietly doing this on your side of the screen -->
coffeescreen.gif%7Eoriginal
. Unlike other threads on the DIS, everyone should feel safe to have & express differing views and stand by them, and others will gently or vehemently disagree. There is always someone else that agrees with them. It is in the end only a TV show we're all debating and entertainment. :happytv: popcorn:: Just my opinion. Feel free to disagree. :teeth:

You’re right. Lord knows I’m not one to shy away from an opinion LOL

I agree too. However, the Korean version of this show did have Ryan Reynolds show up as the Masked Singer. He did it as a promo for Deadpool. The movie studio must have paid him mega-bucks to do it. And it seemed fun for him.

FOX has their own movie studio department. So, they may possibly have one A-List actor who they could have persuaded to do the U.S. version (for mega-bucks) for cross-promotion of their own movie. They only need ONE A-Lister to do it and it would really put this show on the map, as, if it's done this first season, each season people tune in to see if there will be an A-Lister in the bunch each season. Since this is the first season, we don't really know if that's a possibility.

That being said, I don't think the likes of Beyonce or Elton John would ever do the show. This is beneath Beyonce at any cost. :snooty: Elton John barely wants to do his scheduled Farewell Tour. He'd rather be home with is kids. :grouphug: So, yes, Jenny is being quite ridiculous throwing names like that out. :rolleyes:

And of the bunch this season, going by the clues so far, it doesn't seem like they have anywhere near an A-Lister. A 10 time Grammy winner, yes. But, not a Hollywood A-Lister.

Unless the one that is from a Hollywood dynasty is also a big star, like Kate Hudson. But, I don't think it's her.

I would think Gladys Knight is an a lister way more than Kate Hudson. But, Gladys is more old school. I guess we need a definition of an A lister lol

I would think Gladys Knight is an a lister way more than Kate Hudson. But, Gladys is more old school. I guess we need a definition of an A lister lol

Lol probably depends on the era one is from. Hey, for me Donny Osmond is an A Lister! And Gladys Knight is like an icon.

But I could see them having one A Lister from this actual era in the bunch but maybe not.

I keep thinking the Rabbit is going to be the surprise.

Wasn’t it said that the winner is never guessed by the panel? Are there any guesses here for any of the contestants that the panel haven’t mentioned? May have to go back and watch!

Lol probably depends on the era one is from. Hey, for me Donny Osmond is an A Lister! And Gladys Knight is like an icon.

But I could see them having one A Lister from this actual era in the bunch but maybe not.

I keep thinking the Rabbit is going to be the surprise.

Wasn’t it said that the winner is never guessed by the panel? Are there any guesses here for any of the contestants that the panel haven’t mentioned? May have to go back and watch!

Rabbit fascinates me. (esp the twitch & roll..) Boy banders with tattoos not yet mentioned by the panel - AJ McLean, Danny Wood, Ricky Martin... Nick Carter.
Like you, I have a feeling Rabbit could be someone completely unexpected.. a “lesser” band member perhaps... someone not the most loved member in a group, or a boy band like Otown? 98°? BoysIIMen? One Direction.... all loved but not like the mega boy bands we are all assuming.

Rabbit fascinates me. (esp the twitch & roll..) Boy banders with tattoos not yet mentioned by the panel - AJ McLean, Danny Wood, Ricky Martin... Nick Carter.
Like you, I have a feeling Rabbit could be someone completely unexpected.. a “lesser” band member perhaps... someone not the most loved member in a group, or a boy band like Otown? 98°? BoysIIMen? One Direction.... all loved but not like the mega boy bands we are all assuming.

It’s not Danny Wood. His voice is recognizable..at least for someone who was OBSESSED with nkotb back in the day.

It’s not Danny Wood. His voice is recognizable..at least for someone who was OBSESSED with nkotb back in the day.

lol... still obsessed - our “girls weekends” since the nkotb reunion ten years ago have seen us partying all over north america for shows from Boston to Vegas (and we never miss our hometown shows here in “Tdot” as Wahlberg likes to call us. smh/lol..) ;)

Danny has a brand new country music duet that was just released this week. Bodyguard

#lovemyboybands

Last edited:

Hmm, :scratchin my definition of an A-Lister, and I could be very wrong, is a star/musician/celeb/athlete that is hot & very much currently in demand. As in the phone for them is ring off the hook with offers. They are people's first choice and get first refusal. These stars have power and so many opportunities that THEY get to pick and choose which ones they want to do or even consider. They aren't sitting waiting for the phone to ring. (Like Beyonce's manager didn't even bother to present this show to her when/if they asked her to be on, as it so was not even worth her time to bring the offer up.)

B-Listers, I think of as being very famous, yet they aren't offered as much currently. They certainly aren't first choice. They are offered a spot when the show/venue can't get an A-Lister. They kind of have to wait by the phone for offers.

C-Listers are, "OMG! The phone's ringing! Someone wants ME!" They are the rather long-forgotten ones who usually end up on Dancing With The Stars, and the like, hoping the exposure will have people remembering them and some new offers will come their way.

Hmm, :scratchin my definition of an A-Lister, and I could be very wrong, is a star/musician/celeb/athlete that is hot & very much currently in demand. As in the phone for them is ring off the hook with offers. They are people's first choice and get first refusal. These stars have power and so many opportunities that THEY get to pick and choose which ones they want to do or even consider. They aren't sitting waiting for the phone to ring. (Like Beyonce's manager didn't even bother to present this show to her when/if they asked her to be on, as it so was not even worth her time to bring the offer up.)

B-Listers, I think of as being very famous, yet they aren't offered as much currently. They certainly aren't first choice. They are offered a spot when the show/venue can't get an A-Lister. They kind of have to wait by the phone for offers.

C-Listers are, "OMG! The phone's ringing! Someone wants ME!" They are the rather long-forgotten ones who usually end up on Dancing With The Stars, and the like, hoping the exposure will have people remembering them and some new offers will come their way.

Perfectly stated :)

Its true Gladys Knight is a huge icon. Maybe she is the one exception.

Yes, she is a huge icon. But, up until the National Anthem at the Superbowl, I'm not sure if she was considered an A-Lister. :scratchin She actually kind of lucked out on the Superbowl with the timing of everything and being from Atlanta. :thumbsup2

I've been watching TMZ Live, and there was a HUGE backstory that went on for months as to who was going to perform at the Superbowl. Rhianna was the Superbowl committee's A-Lister first choice. But, she declined because she said she sided with Colin Kapernick. Then she pretty much expressed her opinion on social media in such a way, saying ALL other stars/musicians shouldn't do the Superbowl either, for the same reason, that it was basically pressuring them to agree. If they did perform at the Superbowl, they weren't supporting Kapernick or that cause.

Nevermind that the Superbowl, (without all the Kapernick controversy,) has always been considered one of the biggest, A-Lister events of one's career to perform at. Maroon 5 was actually given a lot of grief, in social media, over agreeing to perform. They even canceled the traditional press conference before the Superbowl, because they just didn't want to get into having to defend their right to perform, without it having to be about Kapernick.

Also, for some reason, even though it has never happened in the history of performing at the Superbowl, someone on social media got the idea that Atlanta & performers from Georgia should be represented since the Superbowl was being held in that state. (Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, and previous performers had nothing to do with the state the Superbowl was held at, in previous years. :rolleyes: )

But, this year, the pressure was on for Atlanta hip-hop & Atlanta rap artists to perform. And the Superbowl committee felt pressured to get black artists willing to perform, if they could, to show they were being inclusive. That was why the one black musician that had to be constantly bleeped during his singing got to perform, even though what he sang wasn't family friendly. There was another black musician who performed. And another black guy, called 21 Savage, was on his way to perform, when he got arrested by ICE officials, and didn't get to perform.

When the committee thought of Gladys Knight, they hit the trifecta: she is from Atlanta, she is a classy, professional musician who could sing the National Anthem in a classy, respectable way to make us all proud (instead of annoyed or appalled,) and she is black. Yet, even SHE had to post a tweet defending her right to sing the National Anthem. She said she does support Kapernick's cause and WHY he kneels, but that it has nothing to due with the Superbowl. And the National Anthem belongs to ALL Americans and means a lot of different things to all of us. She has her right to sing the anthem for what it means to HER, without it being a diss to Kapernick's cause or getting involved in it. (Which is how Maroon 5 felt too, but wasn't allowed. :sad2: )

Anyway, if she had dropped down from being a musical A-Lister (for her genre & audience,) before performing on the Superbowl, it probably put her back on the list. :thumbsup2 Go GLADYS!!! :jumping1:

Last edited:
The monster is tpain for sure. I don't see how people are still guessing in that one.
The bee is Jenifer lewis from blackish. Not doubts.
I'm torn between NPH and Osmond for peacock but leaning towards Osmond.

The monster is tpain for sure. I don't see how people are still guessing in that one.
The bee is Jenifer lewis from blackish. Not doubts.
I'm torn between NPH and Osmond for peacock but leaning towards Osmond.

Welcome!
I agree with you on T-Pain and Donny Osmond, but I don't see that Jennifer Lewis has won any Grammy Awards, so I don't think she's the bee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter