The most beautiful US state?

my beautiful is not the traditional beautiful, what excites me is neon, concrete and steel. So I defer to cities, NY, Chicago and Vegas

But...those are cities not the entire state, lol. Las Vegas is great in its own right, but Nevada is even more beautiful (but not in the neon/concrete/steel kind of way).

To answer the OP: I've taken some pretty extensive road trips around the U.S., and I'd have to say that Utah and Montana are the most breathtaking. I also once took an aerial tour of the Hawaiian islands, and the lush greenery and all of those beaches are incredibly beautiful.

To me, California is right up there in beautiful states. The mountains, the beaches, the deserts, the beautiful farms of the inland valley, the giant redwoods of the North Coast....what's not to like? Huge variety.

I am also partial to Minnesota. In the summer. :P

Wyoming and South Dakota. Hoping to visit Alaska in the next couple of years, and based on what I've been reading, Alaska might be even more beautiful.

I can't name just one. I have vacationed in several states and have driven across the country and I think there is beauty in all I have seen. I hope to see more, Alaska and Hawaii especially.

I haven't been, but my DS just got back from Moab and when I saw his pictures? :worship:.. I think I may have to go with that. I think CO is incredible, and I went to Hawaii at 17 and swore I was never going home, lol. I don't know, all of them are beautiful and Florida too. If I could just move IL closer to ANY of them lol

For me, New Mexico, but I'm a desert rat. I've lived in the southeast most of my life but have also lived in Texas, NM, born in California (Cucamonga). I've visited upper state NY, DC, lived in Ohio, traveled through pretty much all of the southwest and have been to Hawaii twice. While I love the beach and am an avid scuba diver, my heart will always be in NM. Having said that, I tell DH when we retire (right now looks like that will be when I'm around 120) I want to retire to some island somewhere, preferably in the South Pacific, not Hawaii. I also tell him he will have to scatter my ashes in the ocean but bury my heart in NM (he says it's not possible, I tell him that will be his problem).

My gut is to go with Wyoming with California a close second. I love that in states like MO & TN beauty is everywhere. You're never far from a lake, stream, forest, etc. But, there's nothing really on a grand scale like the Tetons or Redwoods. :)

I'm rather partial to my own home state. I'm a fish and I love that where ever you are in Michigan you're never far from a lake or river, and the northern part of the state is incredibly lush and green. I also love the Appalachian/Smoky Mts region for the same reasons.

Of all the states I have seen so far in the US I have to say that Utah is the most beautiful in my opinion. I used to love FL the most until I went there. It is amazing!! I went on a trip to Vegas and we rented a car and traveled to Zion National park, and did an atv tour through the Mohave desert and the mountains. The most breathtaking views ever. We also visited the Grand Canyon and Red Rock Canyon both also gorgeous. What in your opinion is the most beautiful US state?
Last year, we did the drive from Vegas up to Kanab, saw Zion and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, but the most enjoyable was Bryce. It was just easier to hike into the canyon at Bryce than at the Grand Canyon or up out of the canyon at Zion.

But then the drive on I15 from there to Salt Lake City was largely boring. While there is plenty of beauty in Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, and California are all competitive.

California, because whatever you want California has. You want lofty mountains? You want stunning seacoast? You want desert? Waterfalls? Rivers? Lakes? Giant trees? Quaint little towns? Big bustling cities? History? I don't think there's any other state that has that much packed into it.

North Carolina, Michigan, and Maine

The one place that I've seen photos of and think is beautiful is Montana. I want to go and see for myself.

Last edited:
I have a soft spot for Hawaii because I spent some of the best years of my life there. It wasn't until I saw the Gulf coast that I realized not all beaches are a beautiful, sparkly shade of blue. lol! Two things I love are beaches and mountains, and Hawaii has both. Arkansas is second for me, because I enjoy the Ozarks and the different scenery with the changing of the seasons (which Hawaii doesn't have).

But I haven't visited many states, so my opinion could change. :)

There are so many beautiful places in the US, and so many different types of beauty. My choice, based upon beauty and geographic diversity, is California. It has dramatic coastal areas, mountains, deserts, forests, lakes, rivers, valleys, and beautiful cities.

Of all the states I've seen, I'd say California was the most beautiful.

Course, I thought Colorado was beautiful too.

Oh, and Washington state, as well.

I can honestly say there is remarkable natural beauty in parts of all 50 states. This truly is a beautiful country. :)

If I ever get to see Alaska or Hawaii, I'm sure, they'd be my favorites. Of the ones I've seen, I'd probably say Colorado, Utah, or Washington.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter