The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it was very hot. I brought what I thought were enough clothes to last the week, but we changed and showered several times a day. I had to do laundry on Wednesday, but at least I was able to enjoy the quiet pool in the interim.

Teena, it's good to see you posting again. I hope you had a great time in Vegas! If you had any hand in getting us room 3691, thank you; it was perfect!

Glad you enjoyed 3691. I wish there were more deluxe rooms. They are very very popular and it is very hard to book them because there are only six of them. The extra room is definitely nice and personally I like that location of the deluxe rooms better because of noise. If you get noisy guests at the "quiet" pool, the deluxe rooms on the other side can get really noisy!!

It's good to be back and meet all the disers at the BC!! I'm working four days this week and again next week and there seems to be lots of disers there right now! I'm now on countdown to our 30th anniversary cruise. We're doing our first Alaska cruise. We fly to Seattle on July 23rd. We're big time cruisers (LOVE THE DISNEY MAGIC!!!!) but this Alaska one is a first for us. Today we're going out and buying more sweatshirts and long pants.

Our first stay at Beach Club Villas is this coming August.

Wondering if there are any 1 bdrms that face either Epcot (for viewing Illuminations) or providing a view of Boardwalk across the lake?

If so, would appreciate hearing from people how we should be making our room requests.

Best,

Yacht Club Renovated Rooms

Okay...drum roll, please!
(Pictures were provided by TeenaS for our viewing pleasure)

3_yacht_new_hall_carpet.jpg

6_new_door-1.jpg

8_yacht_new_hall_carpet_2.jpg

1_5197_room_b.jpg

5_5197_room_a.jpg

4_5195_room.jpg

7_new_shower-1.jpg

Thank you Teena!

Those rooms look gorgeous, but they still retain the same nautical style that the rooms had before. I'm really impressed. We've only stayed at YC once and we far preferred BC, but once the refurb is complete I would like to try YC again.

Glad you enjoyed 3691. I wish there were more deluxe rooms. They are very very popular and it is very hard to book them because there are only six of them. The extra room is definitely nice and personally I like that location of the deluxe rooms better because of noise. If you get noisy guests at the "quiet" pool, the deluxe rooms on the other side can get really noisy!!

It's good to be back and meet all the disers at the BC!! I'm working four days this week and again next week and there seems to be lots of disers there right now! I'm now on countdown to our 30th anniversary cruise. We're doing our first Alaska cruise. We fly to Seattle on July 23rd. We're big time cruisers (LOVE THE DISNEY MAGIC!!!!) but this Alaska one is a first for us. Today we're going out and buying more sweatshirts and long pants.

I guess I am REALLY, REALLY lucky that I was able to book a deluxe room at a little over a month prior to our trip. I think someone must have cancelled at their 45 day mark. We were booked in a standard room initially but I kept checking for deluxe and one magically appeared!

Welcome back to the boards and congrats on your 30th anniversary. Have a wonderful time on your Alaskan cruise! Given the heat in Orlando last week, and your recent trip to Vegas, the Alaska weather might be a nice reprieve for you!

I'm going to the YC on July 5th!!! Only 4 days away!!! We are going for our wedding and honeymoon. Is there any possibility of being upgraded? Thanks and have a magical day.

Hi all, never stayed here before but the renovated rooms are calling to me! Not seen the pics yet - hope someone has them - but don't know what type of room to request. It will be a standard room so anyone know of choices I could make for view that are standard? Would near Epcot be possible or make sense? We are a family of 3 and plan to walk to Epcot several days, etc. so I am unfamiliar with their layout or even how to word a request. I am quite familiar with BWI but are trying something new this vacation. hope I don't regret it, I just love BWI...But would be nice to use SAB too! Anyone able to help?

Hi, If by standard room you mean standard view I'd recommend requesting a view of the wedding gazebo. We had this view.

101_0928.jpg

We were literally 2 minutes - at most - from the lobby. Then out the door and walking down the boardwalk to Epcot. The picture in the center is the boardwalk.

InternationalGatweaycopy.jpg

The walk to Epcot took between 5 and 10 minutes.

3boymthr - thank you! Gorgeous pic! I requested COURTYARD VIEW as CM told me that could be considered standard - was that your request or does WEdding Pavilion mean another view?I really want a nice view. Thank you!

TeenaS - I just moved from BWI, to BC and finally over to YC based on refurb rooms. I adored my stay last week at BWI, simply loved it. Rooms were gorgeous, etc. Call me spoiled, awful, whatever - but the newly furb YC room doesn't look that super to me. I know I am awful. Is it nicer in person? Do you love the YC rooms? We have a DD9 so I chose this Bc/Yc for SAB Eventhough we will be there late Nov/early December - but I adored my BWI stay but trying something new. YC seemed more like BWI so we chose this over BC but the rooms aren't doing it for me! Someone tell me I am nuts...

I think it is the vast amount of white along the entire wall behind the beds. A gilded gold mirror in a long oval shape would be lovely above the nighstand between the beds. Would tie in the light sconces nicely....That big bare wall is what is throwing it off for me. I can bring my own mirror for the week to spruce up my room! LOL. I just made the jump to YC yesterday before seeing the pics so maybe I was expecting something different - who knows. I just remember seeing the BWI pics on a fresh room and my jaw dropped...This not so much but could be a picture doesn't do it justice thing too!

3boymthr - thank you! Gorgeous pic! I requested COURTYARD VIEW as CM told me that could be considered standard - was that your request or does WEdding Pavilion mean another view?I really want a nice view. Thank you!

TeenaS - I just moved from BWI, to BC and finally over to YC based on refurb rooms. I adored my stay last week at BWI, simply loved it. Rooms were gorgeous, etc. Call me spoiled, awful, whatever - but the newly furb YC room doesn't look that super to me. I know I am awful. Is it nicer in person? Do you love the YC rooms? We have a DD9 so I chose this Bc/Yc for SAB Eventhough we will be there late Nov/early December - but I adored my BWI stay but trying something new. YC seemed more like BWI so we chose this over BC but the rooms aren't doing it for me! Someone tell me I am nuts...

I'm not sure but I think there are some other standard view room areas with views of courtyards. I believe the area where the rooms overlook the back lobby entrance (where you exit to the boardwalk and get access to SAB) has a couple of standard view rooms and that could also be considered a courtyard (it's a big open area with walking paths and plants) - someone else may know better.

This is a hard one. Keep in mind everybody has different tastes. My best buddy at the Y&B loves the new YC rooms. She loves blues. Also keep in mind all the rooms at both the Yacht and Beach are very different as far as layouts. Some have chest of drawers, some have daybeds, some have easy chairs. So you might like another layout in another room better at the YC. Personally (and remember, this is my opinion ... my best buddy likes the new YC rooms better), I prefer the new rooms at the BC. I'm a brown/tan person as far as colors. I prefer the whole BC much better than the YC. When I have to work the lobby of the YC instead of the BC, I get a tad "down" ... I call the YC side the "dark side". I'm more a sunny yellow, tan, peach color person, therefore I'm in love with the BC!! To be totally honest, I preferred the old rooms at both the BC and the YC as far as the bedspreads, curtains, carpets, colors, etc. I would have liked to see them just redo them the way they were - all new but the same. However, I'm in the minority. I'd love to hear other disers' opinions on this. But 99% of the people I talk to in the lobby at the BC love the new BC rooms better than the old ones. I would imagine the same will be true at the YC once guests start getting into the new rooms. The pictures don't really do any of the rooms justice. If I were you, I'd definitely stay at either the BC or the YC. Stormalong Bay and our activities (see my earlier post) can't be matched at the BWI!! You could always switch back to the BC because the rooms were rehabbed last year so are still very "new" and maybe those colors would appeal to you more. I know there are pictures posted somewhere of those rooms too. I think DD9 would probably like the BC side better. Again, just my opinion!! Disers, please help here too!! We have some disers here that know the YC and BC as well as Magical One and I do!! Hopefully they can give you their personal opinions and you can make a good choice. Hope this helped.

Those are some great pictures of the YC. I love the blue color and the carpets are very nice. I almost want to change our reservations to the YC but I'm fine where were are at the BC. I can alway visit, hehe. And I'm not to fond of the steering wheel built into the headboard. Just not my style.

Have the Beach Club 2 Bedroom villas also been redone lately?

Can anyone post some photos or direct me to a link? Many thanks!:goodvibes

Hi everyone! This is my first post! I've been reading this thread for months now, but I was inspired to post because Teena is back! :cheer2: I'm so glad to see you back, Teena!

Our family will be coming to the YC in August. It will be our first stay there. We've stayed at the Poly in the past twice. We are very excited about the YC.

Teena, thanks so much for the great information you share. I read that your daughter is a teacher. I'm also a teacher (a Learning Support teacher), grades 1-3:teacher:. I'm on summer break right now, which I find I need more and more every year I teach. How does your daughter like the 12 months of school? What are her breaks like? Congratulations on your 30th anniversary. I'm sure you are very excited about Alaska. Will you be around the YC/BC in August? I'd like to meet you. :flower3:

A quick question about the YC club rooms. Do they have waterview rooms with 2 queen beds and a daybed? We have a waterview room reserved, and I wanted to put a request for 2 queen beds/ daybed, but when I called to pay my final bill the gentleman told me that that bedding/configuration type was not one I could choose for the room type I have booked. If it is available, what would be the best way to request it?

Thanks for your help in advance!

This is a hard one. Keep in mind everybody has different tastes. My best buddy at the Y&B loves the new YC rooms. She loves blues. Also keep in mind all the rooms at both the Yacht and Beach are very different as far as layouts. Some have chest of drawers, some have daybeds, some have easy chairs. So you might like another layout in another room better at the YC. Personally (and remember, this is my opinion ... my best buddy likes the new YC rooms better), I prefer the new rooms at the BC. I'm a brown/tan person as far as colors. I prefer the whole BC much better than the YC. When I have to work the lobby of the YC instead of the BC, I get a tad "down" ... I call the YC side the "dark side". I'm more a sunny yellow, tan, peach color person, therefore I'm in love with the BC!! To be totally honest, I preferred the old rooms at both the BC and the YC as far as the bedspreads, curtains, carpets, colors, etc. I would have liked to see them just redo them the way they were - all new but the same. However, I'm in the minority. I'd love to hear other disers' opinions on this. But 99% of the people I talk to in the lobby at the BC love the new BC rooms better than the old ones. I would imagine the same will be true at the YC once guests start getting into the new rooms. The pictures don't really do any of the rooms justice. If I were you, I'd definitely stay at either the BC or the YC. Stormalong Bay and our activities (see my earlier post) can't be matched at the BWI!! You could always switch back to the BC because the rooms were rehabbed last year so are still very "new" and maybe those colors would appeal to you more. I know there are pictures posted somewhere of those rooms too. I think DD9 would probably like the BC side better. Again, just my opinion!! Disers, please help here too!! We have some disers here that know the YC and BC as well as Magical One and I do!! Hopefully they can give you their personal opinions and you can make a good choice. Hope this helped.

I also think the balconies at YC feel quaint since they have awnings and enclosures on the sides.

Hi everyone! This is my first post! I've been reading this thread for months now, but I was inspired to post because Teena is back! :cheer2: I'm so glad to see you back, Teena!

Our family will be coming to the YC in August. It will be our first stay there. We've stayed at the Poly in the past twice. We are very excited about the YC.

Teena, thanks so much for the great information you share. I read that your daughter is a teacher. I'm also a teacher (a Learning Support teacher), grades 1-3:teacher:. I'm on summer break right now, which I find I need more and more every year I teach. How does your daughter like the 12 months of school? What are her breaks like? Congratulations on your 30th anniversary. I'm sure you are very excited about Alaska. Will you be around the YC/BC in August? I'd like to meet you. :flower3:

A quick question about the YC club rooms. Do they have waterview rooms with 2 queen beds and a daybed? We have a waterview room reserved, and I wanted to put a request for 2 queen beds/ daybed, but when I called to pay my final bill the gentleman told me that that bedding/configuration type was not one I could choose for the room type I have booked. If it is available, what would be the best way to request it?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Hi. Jeanne absolutely loves the 12 month school schedule. Her students (second grade) are mostly from non-english speaking families and she finds not being gone three months at a time helps alot with not forgetting everything they learned. The breaks all depend on what track you teach. The past two years she has been track 2. She would have off 3 weeks in September, three weeks in January/February and three weeks in May. Then of course the whole school is off over the winter holiday break and the spring break. She has about 10 days in between losing her present students and getting the new ones in August. Next year they are giving her track 5. Since her family is so far away, they wanted to give her a longer holiday break and track 5 gives you that. They felt she could spend more time at home with her family. So, she starts her new class the end of August and then when the school goes down for the four days at Thanksgiving, she is off then and doesn't return until January 4th. Then she has off 3 weeks in March and then the last 3 weeks in July and doesn't go back until starting the new class in August.

As far as your room request, yes, they have waterview rooms with two queens and a daybed. I would just call back and put your request in for a daybed. Keep in mind though that those rooms will go to parties of 5 first and if there are any left over, of course, then they go to people that have parties of 4 or less and have requested a daybed.

I will be working some in August. I'm only part-time and my days are Sundays and Mondays but they have been asking me to do some Tuesdays too (and this month they have asked me for Tuesdays and Saturdays extra). I'll definitely be working August 2nd and 3rd, 9th and 10th and 16th and 17th and maybe some Tuesdays too. I leave to help Jeanne in school on August 18th and won't be back to work until August 30th. I hope I get to meet you too!!

Girlfriend!!!! get your walking shoes on for a day between August 11th and 15th:) I'll stop in on the 10th. Just me and two 14 year olds.

I'm posting the really cute photo of you at Jeanne's class in March 2008.

Teena is on the far right and her daughter Jeanne is on the far left

momclass1.jpg

Teena, so glad to see you're back! We've missed you here :hug: Glad that you had such a nice trip to visit your daughter out in Vegas...sorry to hear that her car was stolen, though :sad2: I'm hoping to get to meet you in person when we're there in September...we'll be there from 9/15-9/26! Can't wait to get there!

Teena Nice picture of you and your daughter. Sorry about her car but smart girl to have that special insurance. It's nice you can go out and help her get ready for her next class. They may grow up but they always will be our babies. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter