The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to join in and say Teena, its great to have you back! I have learned so much from the info you have posted to this thread.

My family will be staying at the BC from Aug 18-23 for a once-in-a-lifetime family trip. It'll be my parents, Dsis, Dbro#1 with his wife and 3 kids, Dbro#2 with his wife and 1 kid, my DH and me :jumping1:

We are so excited and can't wait to get there!

Thanks so much! That sounds like a wonderful family trip you have planned. I'm sorry I'll be away when you are there. I leave the day your arrive to go visit my daughter. I would have loved to see you all! I look forward to hearing all about it when I return. With that large number, make sure you have all your dining reservations made as soon as possible if you haven't already made them.

Welcome back, TEENA!

Thanks so much for the pics of the new rooms. I have mixed feelings about them....as I expected, the white duvet w/the as-yet-to-be-unveiled runner. I miss the individual personalities, but it is probably more cost effective to not have several different bedding sets in stock...if they are all the same then the extras can be used wherever needed.

I like the carpet and curtains..love the blue. Lukewarm on the white headboard/white duvet/white wall thing. I definately preferred the old shower curtain....oh well, I think we'll manage!

Does anyone know if they have done the refurbs on the villas yet?From some of the pictures posted it does not look lie

They are all done. Nothing drastic was changed ... colors, etc. The designs mostly remained the same.

I hope I get to meet you too!! What dates will you be there?

We will be there 07/25-08/01. It will be me, my wife and my two boys ages 8and 13. I originally had booked at the WL but we switched to the BC. My 8 year old was so excited when I told him. He got on the floor and did the gator. He is really looking forward to SAB. I am looking forward to being so close to Epcot. I requested a room on an upper floor on the Epcot side. We can't wait. :banana:

Hi Teena,
I too am glad to see you're back! We were there a few weeks ago, (the 2 teachers from Kansas) and we talked about your daughter and her students. Loved seeing the picture of the class with you included! Hope you had a nice trip.
Anita

It was great meeting you!!! Have you started planning your next trip back?

What kind of room safes are at the BC? Is it the one with the key in the wall or the electronic keypad?

Teena,
I don't post that often, but your knowledge of the BC has been greatly appreciated. This upcoming trip means so much to our family (last visit was 1998) and I feel so blessed to be visiting the World in less than 3 weeks and staying at the Beach Club. I look forward to meeting you soon.
~De

We will be there 07/25-08/01. It will be me, my wife and my two boys ages 8and 13. I originally had booked at the WL but we switched to the BC. My 8 year old was so excited when I told him. He got on the floor and did the gator. He is really looking forward to SAB. I am looking forward to being so close to Epcot. I requested a room on an upper floor on the Epcot side. We can't wait. :banana:

Oh no, looks like I'll be on my Alaska cruise then. I leave on the 23rd and will be back at work on August 2nd. You'll son will absolutely love SAB and you will love the closeness of Epcot. Just be careful of the heat and don't overdo it. Try to hit the parks early while it's not too horribly hot, come back around Noon, hit SAB, get a nice nap in, eat dinner and head back to the parks for late night when the sun is down and it's not so hot. Drink lots of water and eat too ... we've been seeing lots of cases of heat exhaustion lately. People seem to drink but don't want to eat in the heat so be sure to force yourself to eat too ... fruit is always good and goes down nicely when it's super hot out! And don't forget to get fast passes for Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios real early in the morning ... as soon as you get there. The lines for that attraction are always super super long and the fast passes are normally gone by 10:30-11:00 AM.

Teena,
I don't post that often, but your knowledge of the BC has been greatly appreciated. This upcoming trip means so much to our family (last visit was 1998) and I feel so blessed to be visiting the World in less than 3 weeks and staying at the Beach Club. I look forward to meeting you soon.
~De

Thanks so much. Are you arriving on the 20th or 21st? I normally just work Sundays and Mondays but lately I've been working on Tuesdays too. I don't know for sure about the 21st yet. Hopefully I'll get to meet you. I leave on the 23rd for my Alaska cruise.

Wow, so much has changed since 1998. It will be so much fun getting to see all the new things. Just don't push too much during the hot days ... be aware of the heat. See my previous response!!

Oh no, looks like I'll be on my Alaska cruise then. I leave on the 23rd and will be back at work on August 2nd. You'll son will absolutely love SAB and you will love the closeness of Epcot. Just be careful of the heat and don't overdo it. Try to hit the parks early while it's not too horribly hot, come back around Noon, hit SAB, get a nice nap in, eat dinner and head back to the parks for late night when the sun is down and it's not so hot. Drink lots of water and eat too ... we've been seeing lots of cases of heat exhaustion lately. People seem to drink but don't want to eat in the heat so be sure to force yourself to eat too ... fruit is always good and goes down nicely when it's super hot out! And don't forget to get fast passes for Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios real early in the morning ... as soon as you get there. The lines for that attraction are always super super long and the fast passes are normally gone by 10:30-11:00 AM.

So sorry we will miss you. :sad1:

Have a good time in Alaska.:woohoo:

Thanks for the tips.

Can you see the Epcot fireworks from the Lagoon view Club level rooms (balconies) @ the YC? We're trying to make our final decision, and some things are very important :yay:

Can you see the Epcot fireworks from the Lagoon view Club level rooms (balconies) @ the YC? We're trying to make our final decision, and some things are very important :yay:

I'm guessing you might catch a glimpse of them - we stayed at BC, which is closer to Epcot. We were told you could see them from the beach, but we worked ourselves closer, all the way up to the bridge to the Boardwalk and got a pretty decent view.

New rooms look GREAT! Thanks so much for the photos.
I LOVE the room door and the hall carpeting is gorgeous.
Teena - welcome back :flower3:

Teena or any other YC in the know person: I would like a "nice" standard view and to be close to Epcot. What requests would you list? 1. Two Queen Beds 2. Full balcony (but are there any other kind at YC?? Again I don't want to waste a request if they are all full..... 3. I don't want first floor but want upper floor with view of Gardens/Epcot.

Do these requests make sense? I can picture YC in my mind from my BWI stays but can't tell their proximity to anything and don't know their layout at all.

I know I act like I am moving into YC or BC for years and have to LOVE my room but I have decided to let well enough alone and stick with YC for now. I am assuming - YC has queen beds (sounds like BC has a few doubles and we are a family of 3 and I dont' want to get stuck in the doubles room at BC). But may I assume YC does not have murphy beds, etc. I simply want 2 queen beds. And a balcony. Considering BC can't promise either I am thinking YC is a safer bet for me right now.

Teena or any other YC in the know person: I would like a "nice" standard view and to be close to Epcot. What requests would you list? 1. Two Queen Beds 2. Full balcony (but are there any other kind at YC?? Again I don't want to waste a request if they are all full..... 3. I don't want first floor but want upper floor with view of Gardens/Epcot.

Do these requests make sense? I can picture YC in my mind from my BWI stays but can't tell their proximity to anything and don't know their layout at all.

I know I act like I am moving into YC or BC for years and have to LOVE my room but I have decided to let well enough alone and stick with YC for now. I am assuming - YC has queen beds (sounds like BC has a few doubles and we are a family of 3 and I dont' want to get stuck in the doubles room at BC). But may I assume YC does not have murphy beds, etc. I simply want 2 queen beds. And a balcony. Considering BC can't promise either I am thinking YC is a safer bet for me right now.

Obviously the closer you are to the lobby and the door to go out to get the launch or walk to Epcot would be what you would want. If the fact that you want a close room to the lobby (i.e. close to Epcot) is the most important thing, then I'd put my first request as "upper floor room close to lobby". You could make your second request "garden view". If the view is more important than being close to the lobby, then I'd make "garden view" my first choice and "upper floor room close to lobby" as my second choice.

Unfortunately, the only way you can be guaranteed you will not get a view of a roof or some other undesirable view and to not be on the first floor is to upgrade to a CL water view room. The room assignors try their best to get you in a room that meets your requests. However, due to occupancy, etc., unfortunately sometimes your requests cannot be met.

By being at the YC, you will definitely get a full balcony or patio.

If you absolutely hate the room you get assigned, you can always go back down to the front desk and ask for another room and normally they will try to find one better suited for you. However, if the resort is at 100% full occupancy, a room change might not be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter