The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say thanks for all the great advice. We stayed at BCV for 3 days before our cruise. One of the days there were severe thunderstorms & it was great to be staying at BC. We sent the kids to the arcade for awhile & some CMs came in & surprised the kids who were in there w/ free games. They set up extra community hall style games in the breezeway ?? that open air room between the marketplace & the villas. We loved all the editions to the marketplace & found ourselves eating there. I actually never had gelato. The servings seemed so huge that I never seemed to be up for one.

Thanks especially for the tip to head over to the Yacht Club for breakfast. My DS was starving, yet I didn't want to spend a ton of time at a character meal. He really liked it & so did I. I hope we can stay at BCV again. It's the smallest DVC resort, so it's often hard to get into it since it's not our home resort.

Thanks again!

We loved all the editions to the marketplace & found ourselves eating there. I actually never had gelato. The servings seemed so huge that I never seemed to be up for one.

What editions have been added to the marketplace?

Yacht Club Renovated Rooms

Okay...drum roll, please!
(Pictures were provided by TeenaS for our viewing pleasure)

3_yacht_new_hall_carpet.jpg

6_new_door-1.jpg

8_yacht_new_hall_carpet_2.jpg

1_5197_room_b.jpg

5_5197_room_a.jpg

4_5195_room.jpg

7_new_shower-1.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, Teena, and thanks for posting them, bzzelady.:cool1:

I love the new decor. Crisp and elegant.:surfweb:

Teena, how wonderful to have you back.:grouphug:

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great advice. We stayed at BCV for 3 days before our cruise. One of the days there were severe thunderstorms & it was great to be staying at BC. We sent the kids to the arcade for awhile & some CMs came in & surprised the kids who were in there w/ free games. They set up extra community hall style games in the breezeway ?? that open air room between the marketplace & the villas. We loved all the editions to the marketplace & found ourselves eating there. I actually never had gelato. The servings seemed so huge that I never seemed to be up for one.

Thanks especially for the tip to head over to the Yacht Club for breakfast. My DS was starving, yet I didn't want to spend a ton of time at a character meal. He really liked it & so did I. I hope we can stay at BCV again. It's the smallest DVC resort, so it's often hard to get into it since it's not our home resort.

Thanks again!

What a great thing for the recreation staff to do during the storm!

I'm curious about the new additions, too. Glad you enjoyed BCV.

We are leaving for the BC in 2 days!:cool1: We are soooo excited. My OCD planning and checking noticed that there are still all levels of rooms open at BC and at every resort. Can that mean that it wont be as bad as I thought?? :confused3 I know kids are out of school,which normally make for high crowds, but from what I have been reading crowds seems lower then normal.
Has anyone noticed that??
Either way I have planned for the heat and crowds!! CANT WAIT!!:banana:

We are leaving for the BC in 2 days!:cool1: We are soooo excited. My OCD planning and checking noticed that there are still all levels of rooms open at BC and at every resort. Can that mean that it wont be as bad as I thought?? :confused3 I know kids are out of school,which normally make for high crowds, but from what I have been reading crowds seems lower then normal.
Has anyone noticed that??
Either way I have planned for the heat and crowds!! CANT WAIT!!:banana:

I can't say for sure, but from what I've read it seems that the summer crowds are often locals. But underbooked resorts is a good sign regardless. Have a great trip!

Hi just came back from the beach club club level and I also met the wonderful Teena and I'm so glad she is back on the boards. I loved the club level. The staff was amazing the food was great and they were always putting out more. I work for AAA so I tend to look at the little things to tell my clients and I was so impressed with this whole resort that I have changed my Aug stay from the boardwalk to here can't wait!! If you want any more club info just ask thanks Jill

Thanks for posting the photos! I was surprised to see the rooms were so light and bright. I was expecting more darker woods, etc. Still very cool to see - I am so excited for December I can't hardly stand it!

Is there a separate lobby / reception area for check in at the BCVs, or do you go to the BC?

If there is a separate lobby, does Magical Express do a separate stop at both BC and BCV?

TIA!:goodvibes

BC & BCV all check in at the BC itself. Same Magical Express stop.

WOW ... you bought into BLT. Very nice! You'll have to stop by the lobby there at the Contemporary on Sunday or Monday and say hi to my hubby. He's the lobby greeter over there on those two days ("Bob from Harrisburg"). He absolutely loves pin trading too!!

Hi just came back from the beach club club level and I also met the wonderful Teena and I'm so glad she is back on the boards. I loved the club level. The staff was amazing the food was great and they were always putting out more. I work for AAA so I tend to look at the little things to tell my clients and I was so impressed with this whole resort that I have changed my Aug stay from the boardwalk to here can't wait!! If you want any more club info just ask thanks Jill

I'm seriously considering staying CL at the BC, I've stayed CL at YC and BWI so am thinking about BC and then I've tried all 3 lol

Can you give some examples of the food available please?

Also, did the cast members keep the food stocked up? One of my pet hates is going along to the lounge and it's been wiped clean.

Thanks

Can someone tell me what the different levels are at the BC. I know there is standard, used to be garden but I'm not sure on that anymore. Then water view. I've heard about club level, deluxe, concierge. What is the right order of this and what are the differences? TIA:)

Just want to say that I am so looking forward to staying at the Yacht Club in December 2010. Even though it is two years away:sad1: (it is going to be my present for graduating Nursing school) I cannot WAIT! Please keep me updated on what's happening at these resorts. Out of all the times I have been to Disney, this will be the first time staying at a deluxe in the Epcot area.

I am reading through all the post and when I saw this I had to reply. I too am going to the BC as a present to myself after I graduate nursing school. I will be going in August of 2010. Good luck to both of us!

Can someone tell me what the different levels are at the BC. I know there is standard, used to be garden but I'm not sure on that anymore. Then water view. I've heard about club level, deluxe, concierge. What is the right order of this and what are the differences? TIA:)

The first two room types are based completely on the type of view you are booking, the rooms can be the same size, same layout, either full balcony, standing balcony or patio and both types are throughout areas of the resort:

Standard View Room
Water View Room

The following rooms are considered Club level (booking any of these rooms you will receive IPO service before your arrival, upon your arrival club level service from CMs working at the 5th floor desks & club level lounge), the standard view rooms and waterview room are all on the 5th floor (club level). Many of the waterview club level rooms do not have a daybed. The room sizes for the most part are the same size, layout as the non club level rooms. The deluxe rooms are larger sized room w/ extra sq. footage. The rooms the 2 queen sized beds, daybed, but also may have extra chair and ottoman / or bench, however, the deluxe rooms are not on the the 5th floor. There is six of these rooms. Rooms 1557, 2557, 3557 & 4557 overlooking the quiet pool. Also, rooms 3691 & 4691 overlooking BC back entrance.

According to pricing:

Standard View Club level
Deluxe Room
Waterview Club level

Hope this helps!

Im looking at the resort maps and nowhere is there a room ending in #28 is there a reason for that ? Or am I just blind LOL:rotfl: Will be there at the beach club in 18 days cant wait. Doing alot of celebrating My daughter and son in-laws 10th anniversary. Dear grandsons 9th birthday and some fun for me in between surgerys. July 22nd cant come soon enough!!!

Im looking at the resort maps and nowhere is there a room ending in #28 is there a reason for that ? Or am I just blind LOL:rotfl: Will be there at the beach club in 18 days cant wait. Doing alot of celebrating My daughter and son in-laws 10th anniversary. Dear grandsons 9th birthday and some fun for me in between surgerys. July 22nd cant come soon enough!!!

There are rooms ending in "28" at the quiet pool area / Epcot end of the resort.

Have a wonderful trip, that is a lot to celebrate!!! Have a great time!

Hi for breakfast they had 3 kinds of cereal in those dispenser things, fresh fruit like apples banannas , watermellon, then bagels and creamcheese butter peanut butter oj coffee tea water just ask banish muffins then lunch was very good homemake kettle chips golffish fruit water iced tea lemonaid for dinner 2 hot apps like pot stickers a salad of of some kind veggies and dip and all the drinks again then they have beer wine ect and the deserts never ever was nothing out they were always working at replacing if you need anything just ask they are more then helpful. I never demanded asked nicely for something and they go it. They were so friendly and nice I truly felt like I as at home any more ? ask away thanks Jill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter