The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that there is a firepit on the beach, but is there an organized campfire on the beach, similar to Fort Wilderness?

If not, can you have a fire lit to enjoy in the evening on the beach?

TIA!

From first arriving at the resort I was impressed they met us in our drivers car and they knew my name got my bags took them to store and took me right up to the club level desk ( this was great since we just took a train from pa for 22 hrs and I had 5 kids myself) This trip was me and the 5 kids my Dh will be coming with us in Aug this June vacation was a trip I planned with my daughters dance team I work for AAA and arranged that the tam dance at Disney and since I work for them I look for all the little details that some may not notice so I can relate this to clients. The beach club hit every mark from getting out of car it started the great service,after checking in our room was ready in about 10 mis this was 1030am which was a great surprise sicne we traveled so long upon walking into the room it smelled and looked so inviting! The beds so comphy with the big down pillows so crisp and clean we then went down to the lounge and got some snacks and drinks then down to that beautiful pool if you have swimmers this is the pool for you!! The sand pool is awesome!!The lifeguards are awesome they love their job. They are young college kids but they speak to you and are so nice! Then a client of mine who is a friend arrived and we walked to EPCOT and went to Mk for the night. But when you come back home to the beach club at the end of the night there they were that great staff welcoming you back. One night it poured rain can you believe they were there at the door with towels for people how great it that!! The first awesome I met in the lobby was the truly amazing Teena!! So kind so welcoming I truly felt I was in her home!! She is a great addition to this great resort!! I needed a bag of rice crazy I know but my daughters cell phone got wet long story and Teena got it for me. I needed a can opener and the club level staff got it no problem at all. My friends/clients needed a ambulance and you should of seen that front desk in action very impressive and caring I have no neg from this trip at all. Last night we we here at our house when my 2 year old son said Mommy can we go home I said we are home he said no our other home. I said why he said it best he said it's so coozy there and it is it truly is. They make you feel as if you are at your grandmothers house a nice coozy safe and welcome feel. I'm going back in Aug switched before leaving fro the boardwalk. Beach club and Teena here we come!! Jill

Thank you HockeyMomR for the reply. Now that you gave me an insight on where to look I can see some of them.Not all but some. Yes we do have a lot to celebrate it has been a long, long11 months 3 surgerys and one more to go when I get back. Hopefully the last.:)

WOW ... you bought into BLT. Very nice! You'll have to stop by the lobby there at the Contemporary on Sunday or Monday and say hi to my hubby. He's the lobby greeter over there on those two days ("Bob from Harrisburg"). He absolutely loves pin trading too!!

We have breakfast ressies at Chef Mickey's on Sept. 27th - we'll be sure to stop by the lobby and say hi to him! And I'm sure we'll be looking to stay at BCV next summer (keeping fingers crossed for 7 month availability) and hopefully we'll get to meet you then!

I'm seriously considering staying CL at the BC, I've stayed CL at YC and BWI so am thinking about BC and then I've tried all 3 lol

Can you give some examples of the food available please?

Also, did the cast members keep the food stocked up? One of my pet hates is going along to the lounge and it's been wiped clean.

Thanks

The BC CL lounge is on the small side, but the staff members were great and despite the lines, they did an excellent job of keeping food stocked.

Mornings there were cinnamon rolls, mini muffins, bagels, toast, coffee (Nescafe machine with numerous choices) juices, cereals, milk, melon, apples, oranges, and bananas.

Mid day was sodas or coffee, kettle chips and yogurt covered pretzels.

Evening appetizers varied - the days we were there I saw chicken skewers, bacon wrapped scallops, spring rolls, crab rangoons and duck quesadillas. Usually 2 white wines, 2 reds & a white zinfandel.

We only went for cordials and desserts once - there were a few types of layered dessert parfaits in little plastic cups, and a few liqueurs - I remember Amarula and Grand Marnier but there were 1 or 2 others. There were some folks there that night that had checked in late and asking for wine and they were accomodated graciously by the staff.

On a couple of occasions the staff offered my kids Nesquik chocolate milk. I also saw people grabbing sodas from the console underneath the juices in the morning, and finally one day a child was asking for the gluten free waffles his dad had requested. So I know that it's possible to ask for things that aren't out.

I know that there is a firepit on the beach, but is there an organized campfire on the beach, similar to Fort Wilderness?

If not, can you have a fire lit to enjoy in the evening on the beach?

TIA!

Each evening, an hour before the movie on the beach starts, they do have a fire and roasting marmallows / making smores.

reading all this info is making me so excited:cool1: we arriving 30th july

we will be staying 18 nights ( hey if im coming all the way
from scotland im gonna make the most of it:goodvibes) at
the yacht club, it is my son's sweet sixteen present, we only
have standard room but who cares we are staying 18 days:yay:

hope to come and say hello teena

:flower3: Teena, so happy to see you back!!! Seems like so much longer than a month ago that I was at BC....need to plan our next trip!! :goodvibes

:flower3: Teena, so happy to see you back!!! Seems like so much longer than a month ago that I was at BC....need to plan our next trip!! :goodvibes

Thanks! Yes, you definitely need to get your next trip planned!!!!! Short trip to have some fun at the Food & Wine Festival perhaps?

Thanks for all the great information everyone! This thread is great.

I have one additional question about quick counter service for breakfast at YC/BC. The Dis doesn't have any menus posted for this, but All Ears has the following:

Beach Club Marketplace

Beach Club
DINING

Menu Date: December 2008

Along with these menu items, a variety of Grab 'n' Go items are also available, including breakfast cereals, whole fruit, chips and other snacks, and pre-made sandwiches and salads.

Breakfast 7 - 11 a.m.

Ham and Cheese Omelet Croissant $5.99
Cheese Omelet Croissant $4.89
Made to Order Yogurt Parfait $4.49
Fresh Baked Pastries $2.19 - $3.59

My question - apart from the omelet croissants, are there no other hot breakfast items? What about just a standard plate of bacon and eggs?

TIA!:goodvibes

Hi for breakfast they had 3 kinds of cereal in those dispenser things, fresh fruit like apples banannas , watermellon, then bagels and creamcheese butter peanut butter oj coffee tea water just ask banish muffins then lunch was very good homemake kettle chips golffish fruit water iced tea lemonaid for dinner 2 hot apps like pot stickers a salad of of some kind veggies and dip and all the drinks again then they have beer wine ect and the deserts never ever was nothing out they were always working at replacing if you need anything just ask they are more then helpful. I never demanded asked nicely for something and they go it. They were so friendly and nice I truly felt like I as at home any more ? ask away thanks Jill

That's great, thank you :)

Thanks for all the great information everyone! This thread is great.

I have one additional question about quick counter service for breakfast at YC/BC. The Dis doesn't have any menus posted for this, but All Ears has the following:

Beach Club Marketplace

Beach Club
DINING

Menu Date: December 2008

Along with these menu items, a variety of Grab 'n' Go items are also available, including breakfast cereals, whole fruit, chips and other snacks, and pre-made sandwiches and salads.

Breakfast 7 - 11 a.m.

Ham and Cheese Omelet Croissant $5.99
Cheese Omelet Croissant $4.89
Made to Order Yogurt Parfait $4.49
Fresh Baked Pastries $2.19 - $3.59

My question - apart from the omelet croissants, are there no other hot breakfast items? What about just a standard plate of bacon and eggs?

TIA!:goodvibes

I'm pretty sure they don't, but Teena, or someone else, can verify this. One thing I'm looking at doing is trying Captain's Grille, at YC. It's TS, but ordering b'fast off the menu isn't too pricey (under $15). A plate with eggs and sausage or bacon is around $10. Check on allears for their full menu. I think they have a b'fast buffet, too. Not sure how necessary ADR's are for b'fast--anyone?

The Marketplace at BC has no other hot entrees--i.e., eggs and bacon. What you see posted is pretty much it. There is quite a wide variety of pastries, though.

Princess amy and letstalkaboutdisney,

Congrats early for nursing school. I highly recommend treating yourself after graduation. I did just this past June 2009. We (fellow nursing students and I) had a WONDERFUL time. Really enjoyed some time away from the 'real world'. It was nice regroup and recoup time.

I wish all you nursing grads all the best in your studies. A WDW vacation is a very well deserved treat. FOR SURE!

We treated ourselves to BC Club Level too. I recommend it if you have the extra$$. We used the 40% discount but we were still treated like royalty by the CL CM's. Tom was GREAT!!! As well as all the other CMs.

Princess amy and letstalkaboutdisney,

Congrats early for nursing school. I highly recommend treating yourself after graduation. I did just this past June 2009. We (fellow nursing students and I) had a WONDERFUL time. Really enjoyed some time away from the 'real world'. It was nice regroup and recoup time.

I wish all you nursing grads all the best in your studies. A WDW vacation is a very well deserved treat. FOR SURE!

We treated ourselves to BC Club Level too. I recommend it if you have the extra$$. We used the 40% discount but we were still treated like royalty by the CL CM's. Tom was GREAT!!! As well as all the other CMs.

Lyndrajo3,

Thank you so much for the best wishes!

Good luck to you in your new career. Have you taken the NCLEX yet?

BC club level would be wonderful, I guess I will have to wait and see!

Okay, I've been reading conflicting and at time incomplete information about this, so I want to see if a real live person knows for certain.

Is there a bus to MGM (it's still MGM to me, dang it) from YC/BC or is the boat your only option that doesn't involve one's feet being ground into a gooey paste? (I'm mostly kidding about that part).

I apologize, this has been asked I am sure but cant look thru 250 pages of info now! :) If I book CL at BC am I ensured a BALCONY where you can sit or do I run the risk of one of those Evita styles or no balcony? Are there price tiers for club level at BC - meaning for x amount club you face the water or for x amount club you face the garden, etc.? Basically what are my view choices with club and what is the balcony situation with club at BC? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure they don't, but Teena, or someone else, can verify this. One thing I'm looking at doing is trying Captain's Grille, at YC. It's TS, but ordering b'fast off the menu isn't too pricey (under $15). A plate with eggs and sausage or bacon is around $10. Check on allears for their full menu. I think they have a b'fast buffet, too. Not sure how necessary ADR's are for b'fast--anyone?

You are absolutely right on everything!! As far as Captain's Grill, you can order off the menu and just have eggs and bacon for around $10 or have the buffet which is similar to the one at Cape May but less money because you're not paying for the character interaction. A good breakfast that is a Counter Service is where Soarin is at Sunshine Seasons. My hubby loves to eat breakfast there. We quick get there when it opens, ride Soarin and then have breakfast.

I apologize, this has been asked I am sure but cant look thru 250 pages of info now! :) If I book CL at BC am I ensured a BALCONY where you can sit or do I run the risk of one of those Evita styles or no balcony? Are there price tiers for club level at BC - meaning for x amount club you face the water or for x amount club you face the garden, etc.? Basically what are my view choices with club and what is the balcony situation with club at BC? Thanks!

If you book any room at the BC, you can get either a patio, a full balcony or a standing balcony. There are also a very very very very few rooms with no balcony at all.

Your tiers of room to book are a standard view room which can give you any room on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th floor with a view of a roof, a parking lot, a garden, a courtyard, a tree, etc. Next would be a waterview room which would be on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th floor with a view of some kind of water. It could be the lake or the quiet pool or SAB. Next up would be the same choices but club level and those rooms, standard and waterview, are on the fifth floor. Most of the rooms on the fifth floor have full balconies but not all. If you book a standard on the fifth floor, your view can be the same as the standard on the other four floors. In other words, you could have a view of a roof. The water views on the club level 5th floor can be of the pools or lake. Then we have deluxe rooms. These rooms give you club level benefits (IPO and lounge) but they are on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor. There are only six of these rooms. Some of the rooms have full large balconies, some don't, and some have patios. These rooms are much much larger than the standard and water view rooms both on all five floors.

Then we have some one bedroom suites ... some have full balconies or patios, some have standing balconies. These are a normal size bedroom and bath but have a small attached and a walk-in closet. These are not on the fifth floor but they do include IPO and lounge access. Then there are two bedroom suites ... some have full balconies or patios, some have standing balconies. These have two bedrooms and a living room. One bedroom has a king bed and its own bathroom, the other bedroom has two queens and a daybed and its own bathroom. These suites are not on the fifth floor but they do include IPO and lounge access.

Then there is a Vice Presidential suite (sleeps two people) which has a large balcony on the fifth floor and a Presidential suite (fifth floor also) which has a large balcony, a super large master bedroom with king bed and super large bathroom (bigger than my bedroom), a formal dining room, a living room, a powder room, an entry way, a second bedroom with its own bath (two double beds) and a study (daybed).

Hope that helps.

Okay, I've been reading conflicting and at time incomplete information about this, so I want to see if a real live person knows for certain.

Is there a bus to MGM (it's still MGM to me, dang it) from YC/BC or is the boat your only option that doesn't involve one's feet being ground into a gooey paste? (I'm mostly kidding about that part).

You can walk (about a mile) to the Studios or take the boat. The ONLY time there is a bus from the Y&B to the Studios is when the boat is shut down due to a thunderstorm with lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter