The New and Updated Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ Thread for 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I faxed my request 2 weeks prior trip and got my request.

New Refurb room near bus stop.

My DH and I were in room 4140 and my DD and SIL were in 4139 (connecting rooms).

Rooms looked great (last stay at this resort in 2000).

Did not notice any new overwhelming smells of paint.

Room cleaned by 2pm everyday and we received towel animals!

Many hidden Mickeys in room also.

Shared bus with Riverside only to Animal Kingdom late night.

Food court food was good.

Great Moderate resort!

Did you also have the room request in your reservation or did you just do a faxed request? I'm glad to see that the room assigner is looking at both the faxes and hopefully typed requests that are called into 407wdisney!!

Just got back from POFQ and it is my favorite Disney hotel I've stayed in by far! I requested a refurbed room and the cm checking me in was so nice, he asked me what floor we'd prefer and everything. I was in building 7, less than 5 minute walk everywhere. The room was so nice, and you could see Illuminations straight ahead from our room! We enjoyed the food court as well, everything we had was delicious. Our bus service was for the most part really good, and the boat to DTD is wonderful as always. It was so peaceful! Definitely will stay here on my next trip, but nothing planned yet :sad2:

I am going to POFQ in Sept. When can I request my room??? I want to be near the food court and pool (like everyone else) What rooms are the closest???:confused3

Building 5 and 2 faces the pool in some sections. Both are close to food and pool as is 4.

Just checked in. We are in a returbed room in building 4. Will try to post pics later!! :)

Can't wait to see the pics! Requested Bldg. 4 for the end of the month. Thanks in advance for posting them and enjoy your vacation.

Can I ask you a big favor? Would you be willing to test the water in the pool and let us know whether it's warm or not? In addition, if you take the boat to Downtown Disney, does it stop at Saratoga Springs both up and back?

Thanks for your help!!!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:worship::worship:

The boat from POR/POFQ doesn't stop at Saratoga Springs - up or back. You would get off at DTD and get on another boat to SSR (there's also a walking path from DTD to SSR; it's a very nice, relaxing walk). :)

Can I ask you a big favor? Would you be willing to test the water in the pool and let us know whether it's warm or not? In addition, if you take the boat to Downtown Disney, does it stop at Saratoga Springs both up and back?

Thanks for your help!!!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:worship::worship:

We were there Dec. 4-12. The weather was freeeeezing that week, but the pool was nice and warm.

The boat from POR/POFQ doesn't stop at Saratoga Springs - up or back. You would get off at DTD and get on another boat to SSR (there's also a walking path from DTD to SSR; it's a very nice, relaxing walk). :)

Thanks for the info. Haven't been to POFQ since 2008 and wasn't sure about the boats stopping at SSR. I remember seeing a dock on the left on the way down to DTD after passing by the Treeshouses. Wasn't aware of the walking path. I love to walk, so for me, it is an adventure. DH & DS15 not so sure!

If I recall, I think there is a boat ride from Old Key West?? Not sure on that one either. Would be nice to stop in and check out the resorts for the future.

Can't wait to go at the end of the month--NO MORE SNOW:wizard:

Thanks again!:worship::worship:

Oh- And we took the boat to DTD three times, and didn't stop at SSR at all.

Thanks for the info. We'll be there the end of the month and wondered if the pool would be warm enough. It would be kind of an adventure to swim in a nice warm pool in cool temps.

Trying to remember about the boat situation. Want to check out the areas by boat if possible.

Glad you had fun in December--a whole different experience at the holidays I bet. :worship::worship:

There is a boat to and from SSR and DTD but I believe it is down by Pleasure Island.

Just got back from POFQ and it is my favorite Disney hotel I've stayed in by far! I requested a refurbed room and the cm checking me in was so nice, he asked me what floor we'd prefer and everything. I was in building 7, less than 5 minute walk everywhere. The room was so nice, and you could see Illuminations straight ahead from our room! We enjoyed the food court as well, everything we had was delicious. Our bus service was for the most part really good, and the boat to DTD is wonderful as always. It was so peaceful! Definitely will stay here on my next trip, but nothing planned yet :sad2:

Requested Bldg. 4 on reservation, but no fax. Is there a certain number to use?

Thanks for your report. I'm getting so excited now. I didn't realize you could see Illuminations. What floor/room were you in?:worship::worship:

We were there Dec. 4-12. The weather was freeeeezing that week, but the pool was nice and warm.

We were there that same weekend too (at WL) and it was FREEZING!!! It was fine the first few days we got there and after that rain on the 12th it was only in the 40s the rest of our trip!! I'm hoping our March one to POFQ will be better..I guess the only good thing was that since we were at WL + Christmas, we got a lot of use out of the lobby and decorations!

Thanks for your report. I'm getting so excited now. I didn't realize you could see Illuminations. What floor/room were you in?:worship::worship:

I'll be curious to see if you get your requests. When we go in August, I'd like to request Bldg. 4 or 7, and it sure would be nice to get a request met. We've always been lucky at CBR to get a request met.

We were in room 7319--3rd floor facing the parking lot. It was a little noisy only during the day with the construction out of parking lot 5 but that should stop once they are done working on building 5. I did not fax just called and requested a renovated room, and they were very accomodating. And yes, the pool is nice and warm!

If I recall, I think there is a boat ride from Old Key West?? Not sure on that one either. Would be nice to stop in and check out the resorts for the future.

There is a ferry boat that goes from Downtown Disney to Old Key West (it's the same service that also stops at Saratoga Springs). You catch it from a different jetty to the Port Orleans service though. The DVC resorts ferry dock is by Pleasure Island, while the Port Orleans one is next to Rainforest Cafe.

Andre

There is a ferry boat that goes from Downtown Disney to Old Key West (it's the same service that also stops at Saratoga Springs). You catch it from a different jetty to the Port Orleans service though. The DVC resorts ferry dock is by Pleasure Island, while the Port Orleans one is next to Rainforest Cafe.

Andre

Actually, there is an extra step in there. I did it for the first time two years ago and again this past year. You take the water taxi from POR or POFQ to Marketplace. From Marketplace, you take the water taxi to West side. From West side, you go to OKW or SSR. For OKW, it drops you off right at the dock near Olivia's.

Thanks to all for the valuable information. Our family loves to take the boat transportation--so relaxing. Definitely want to check out the other areas and see what there is to see; not to mention walking off a few more calories. It is such a nice break from the parks.

Glad to hear the pool is warm. Part of the beauty of the resorts, for us, is the
elaborate pools. Love to come back and relax for a little in a WARM pool.

Has anyone slept in the queen beds yet; and if so, do you feel the room area is tight or no problem??

Thanks again in advance for your first-hand opinions!:goodvibes:goodvibes:worship::worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter